Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Demo

Pretend Command Sgt. Maj. BlitzCanuck's Avatar
    Users Flag!

Re: Demo

Scott, don't know if this helps but i found this in the manual:

To force a movement with waypoints for the whole platoon, use
    Ctrl and click to set the waypoint for the leader unit, then press Ctrl and Shift on just the final
    waypoint to set this as the group’s destination.
    "I'm not going to sit back in absentia and watch some Tammy Fae tabloid waving egofart call me a liar" - Blitz Wargaming Club officer addressing one of the members

Users Flag!

hmm, that actually doesn't seem to work. Maybe i'm doing it wrong but it doesn't do anything different than simply Ctrl clicking for the waypoint and then just left clicking on final destination without using ctrl or shift.
    "I'm not going to sit back in absentia and watch some Tammy Fae tabloid waving egofart call me a liar" - Blitz Wargaming Club officer addressing one of the members

Users Flag!

Scott you have to play this game from the Platoon level first, then squads second. Make sure you have all movement lines turned on with hotkey U. You could order the Commander unit to Engage>Move to a point in the trees. You should then see blue lines from the squads in the same direction as the CO. If one or more of the sub unit squads is not going to end where you want, you can then select that unit and use the same order to reposition that blue line to another point. After they finish the movement to the end of the blue line, they will assume a defensive stance. If you want them to move again, only the CO will have a line. To force the other squads to follow, hold shift while ordering the CO. There are reasons for this we can get into later.

Users Flag!

You only need to use the shift when the sub squads won't follow the leader and you want them to. Also it is a bit tricky as you have to hold the shift while you click the destination.

Users Flag!

I can't find anything in the manual regarding waypoints other than what i posted below. Once you set a waypoint and then try to give a different order (either by right clicking or using spacebar), the first order you gave disappears.

Users Flag!

These are my notes

All units which end their orders (other than Engage) will revert to Defend> Hold separate of the other units in a platoon. Engage orders will revert to Engage> Stay. If a platoon continues the same order (such as Engage> Move) only the Commander will receive the new order. Each subunit can be ordered after the Commander as desired. To force the whole platoon to follow that order, select the order, press and hold the shift key and click the destination. For orders without destinations, press and hold shift and then give the order.
    This also works for Gold Orders such as Pathing and SOP. Gold orders are not global. Press and hold the shift key then click the button

Two new features are waypoints and automounting.
    Automounting means you no longer have to wait for the next phase to mount. See 5.4
    Waypoints are possible for Rush, Advance, Engage>Move, and Defend>Move, and Bound. (Not available for Withdraw). To place a waypoint, select an order, hold the crtl key and click the map. For more than one waypoint continue to hold the crtl key and click again. The maximum allowed waypoints is three. Automount is allowed for the last line of movement.
    You cannot give a different order for the next waypoint.

Forum Commando
    Users Flag!

The PC game series has more of a chain of command that other games. The series is platoon oriented. All orders are given to the platoon leader. Then if you want to change a single squad/vehicle order you can.

If at any time you go back and change the leaders order all orders are reset. That includes the specific orders you may have given to individual squads/vehicles.

Currently, there is only a single type of order that can be given to a platoon per phase.

You can give up to 3 waypoints per platoon. You hold down the ctrl key and then left click where you want that waypoint. You can do the same for the next two. Keep the ctrl key pressed while you give the orders.

Good Hunting.

MR
    The most expensive thing in the world is free time...Mad Russian

Users Flag!

DEMO TUTORIAL SPOILER ALERT

The instant death and/or disruption from Soviet mortar fire at the beginning of the tutorial in "normal" mode is a real downer for someone, especially someone who is not a hard core and experience tactical wargamer, who is trying to learn the basics of the game and not be frustrated right out of the gate.
    "There is a lot of guilt in the world. Flowers can be big money!" Angel Martin

Kampfgruppe Vice Kommandir

Kampfgruppe - A war gaming clan since 1998

Users Flag!

Is what I am seeing WeGo? Or turn based? And if it is WeGo I'm not real clear on what the reaction phase is about. I understand the orders that are available, just not clear on what it represents in the space/time continuum?
    "Certainly takes a lot more effort to simulate each soldier down to individual bullets than it is to make a piece of cardboard that says "2-3-5"
    "Like most Ginzos, you are just too stupid to fall for my mean streak." NUTTERNAME

Users Flag!

KG we have seen enough complaints about the mortars that we are changing the demo to not have them arrive on the first turn.

Elvis think of CM 60 second turns with a chance to intervene half way through. PC turns are 80 seconds. At the 40 second mark, the action stops and you can issue limited commands to react to the current situation, then the turn continues. So the orders phase is where you give the orders to follow for 80 seconds and the reaction phase is your chance to modify those orders.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast