Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Heard about a new Elder Scrolls game on another forum and went to investigate at the main site and this is what I found:
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Granted it's only CGI but still... YAY! Now to see what the game will offer has as Oblivion was constantly compared to Morrowind so I wonder what this new one will be like. Granted I have yet to get Oblivion to work on my computer but from what I read of in the PC community, I think the main thing that might be fixed is the enemies leveling alongside the player. Apparently the release date is already set for next you, 11/11/11.

Eurogamer had an article back in late November and here area a few highlights from what it had to say:
    Rumour: Elder Scrolls 5 in the works
    23 November, 2010

Bethesda Game Studios is hard at work on the fifth game in the Elder Scrolls series, according to a new report.

It's a direct sequel to 2006's stonking great fantasy role-playing game Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion....the studio's current title will be announced soon, but he couldn't say exactly when. "I have a sense but we're not ready even to talk about [the timing of the announcement], because it might change. I don't want to disappoint people.

"One thing I can say is that from when you first hear about it to when it's out will be the shortest it's been for us. It's pretty far along. When we show it, we want to show a lot, because there's a lot of game there to play right now...."I can say it is on the existing platforms, which we're really happy with. You almost feel like you have a new console when you see the game."
    Last edited by kawaiku; 12 Dec 10 at 05:02.
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."
    Good Tunes

Spec Op Clergy ADMIN Scott Tortorice's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Max von Sydow for the win!

I am excited for this. Even though I never got too far with the original, I could see why so many loved that game. I hope they take V in a M&B direction by allowing the player to command entire war bands.

11-11-11...can't wait!
    Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer!
    Latest Entry: Frenetic Gaming

Blog Entries

The original? Battlespire or Daggerfall or Morrowind or Oblivion? And yeah the combat would be nice like that though I've never played with M&B's style so I wouldn't know how it'd be in the Elder Scrolls but it would definitely be a plus from the videos I've seen!

And I wonder if it'd be released at the eleventh hour?
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."
    Good Tunes

Blog Entries

You're right. I meant Oblivion. I call it "the original" because it is the only one I ever played.

Blog Entries

Ah! I was able to briefly play it on my brother's 360. And oh well you should at least pick up Morrowind if you can. The GOTY edition can probably be found at Best Buy for 20 bucks (and is totally worth it imho). Daggerfall was free on the Elder Scrolls' website but right now it doesn't appear to be accessible, though you need a DosBox for it to run. One thing that the series has never lacked in is the music (and Morrowind's never ceases to amaze me), and the music playing in that trailer was great!
    Good Tunes

Blog Entries

Can't wait to till some gameplay footage comes out, I'm interesting in seeing this new engine of theirs.

Blog Entries

So am I. Also apparently Game Informer is supposed to have some big 'ole special on it as well. I think it's slated to come out next month some time.
    Good Tunes

Blog Entries

Why am I getting a bad feeling about this?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim details outed on combat, leveling, races, more

I can't put my finger on it, but there is something rubbing me the wrong way about the changes. It could be that I am just jumpy after 2010's awful line-up of console ports.

Blog Entries

I really liked choosing my class and what skill my character was good at. Daggerfall had a ridiculous amount to choose from, Morrowind reduced that but I felt the skill had more impact than those of Daggerfall which appeared for RP reasons. I haven't been able to tap into Oblivion's so I cannot say a whole lot about it. But I'm not liking having no classes. Each character always felt different and now it feels like you can make an overpowered character who's practically good at everything. I have yet to get my hands on the Game Informer but I saw nothing in there about how guilds will work or if the warring factions will play any role in the game. It would be cool if the factions functioned like large guilds where you could rise up through the ranks. Also it seems that (from what I gather), the Dragonborne (if I understood this right) was nordic, so if I create my traditional Dark Elf character, how would that workout? One of the Dragonborn do some hankypanky with a Dark Elf mistress and viola! The plot-hole is patched over?! Also it seems that level scaling is back, although when it mentioned the 2.0 part near the bottom I could tell if they meant that the leveling would be that of Morrowind or it would still have Oblivion's... Or both. It also seems they introduced Daggerfall's random quest-generator, although I haven't gotten far enough to see it in action in Daggerfall it seems as if they reintroduced it. And one last thing that seems to be missing is mentioning of the loot and armor. How much variety is there next to "creating" your new sword or whatever.

So by the looks of it it seems they went in two directions. One direction was/is an attempt to satisfy us Morrowind fans and also to appease to the casual gamer crowd which is blamed for the dumbing down of the series. It will be interesting to see what new information is released. Hopefully they don't cross their feet and trip over themselves.
    Good Tunes

Blog Entries

A new in-game trailer has been released...and it's awesome:

Headline Story

Wow! I can't wait! I particularly like how combat seems more visceral. I always hated how combat seemed to come down to merely swiping your sword at an enemy until he fell. Now it seems like we'll have spraying blood and kill animations.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast