Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Updated Scenarios?

  1. #1
    Forum Sentinel Will Fleming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    3,730

    Updated Scenarios?

    HoB did an update to some scenarios in a 2nd edition?

    Specifically, FF10 "Blackjack is Back" changes Axis SAN, deletes a US squad, and makes prisoners not count double for VC. [Edit: also adds 2 447's to German OB]

    I couldn't find any errata on their web page for this which I think is pretty poor. Is there a list somewhere of the updates?

    Kinda changed our game when players are both playing off different cards and leaves an unsavory aftertaste.

    Listed errata is:
    http://heatofbattlegames.com/errata_ss.php

    Scenario FF10 (“Blackjack Is Back”)

    The Play Area should read: "Only hexrows A-P (inclusive) are playable."
    Last edited by Will Fleming; 09 Dec 10 at 20:37.
    This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.

    --Plato

  2. #2
    Forum Regular FMFCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Victoria B.C.
    Posts
    220

    Re: Updated Scenarios?

    Will
    Do you know if the are any other changes to the other scenario in the updated SS pack?
    Thank
    Dave

  3. #3
    Forum Regular FMFCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Victoria B.C.
    Posts
    220

    Re: Updated Scenarios?

    I've had a quick look over my scenarios and I see there are a few small differences in one or two I've looked at.
    The format is different so it's not easy to spot any right away.
    The only errata on HOB's web site I found is for the original SS packs. I found an error in Bear Hunt NQNG3.
    In Russian OB1 the 2 ATRs have been replaced 2 LMGs. Is should be ATRs.
    Dave

  4. #4
    Asia-Pacific Tourney Ho synicbast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pt Clare Australia
    Posts
    1,331
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Updated Scenarios?

    When HOB released the redone packs, they announced that they would not be releasing the corrections as they expected people to buy the redone packs. At least that's what i recall from the ASLML at the time.

    Seemed counter productive as I ended up not buying the redone versions as I hadn't thought that much of the original scenarios at the time.
    Ladder Preference: 1. PBEM 2. Live VASL + Skype
    Attending Malaya Madness, Singapore February 20-23, 2014: The inaugural Asia-Pacific ASL Tourney


  5. #5
    Forum Regular FMFCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Victoria B.C.
    Posts
    220

    Re: Updated Scenarios?

    Quote Originally Posted by synicbast View Post
    When HOB released the redone packs, they announced that they would not be releasing the corrections as they expected people to buy the redone packs. At least that's what i recall from the ASLML at the time.

    Seemed counter productive as I ended up not buying the redone versions as I hadn't thought that much of the original scenarios at the time.
    Updated Pack needs errata badly.The more I look at it and compare old to new the more errors or questions I find.
    I think Will picked the scenario with the most changes in the pack. FF11,12 and 13 have a number of changes too.
    Dave

  6. #6
    Forum Regular FMFCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Victoria B.C.
    Posts
    220

    Re: Updated Scenarios?

    I've just checked HOB's All-Time Favorites scenarios and they don't match the Update pack scenario.
    Dave

    http://heatofbattlegames.com/pdf/Revision01.pdf

  7. #7
    Forum Sentinel Will Fleming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: Updated Scenarios?

    Refusing to issue errata to make us buy the new pack? Sure you don't have them confused with a different TPP?

    Pretty sad IMHO. Makes MMP look that much better when they issue errata/changes so I can pen and ink my old scenarios. I don't mind that.

    As for changes, I don't have the new packs, so I don't know other than this one since we decided to play it. We are doing a CF version of FF10 with 2 extra German squads, 1 less American squad, SAN 2, 1 HIP squad/equivalent and prisoners counting double. Hodge-podge of both as the German already did his setup with the extra units and I already started the game with less. I get the prisoners bonus and the lower san to sort-of compensate I guess.
    This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.

    --Plato

  8. #8
    Forum Veteran skye88's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    572

    Re: Updated Scenarios?

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Fleming View Post
    HoB did an update to some scenarios in a 2nd edition?

    Specifically, FF10 "Blackjack is Back" changes Axis SAN, deletes a US squad, and makes prisoners not count double for VC. [Edit: also adds 2 447's to German OB]

    I couldn't find any errata on their web page for this which I think is pretty poor. Is there a list somewhere of the updates?

    Kinda changed our game when players are both playing off different cards and leaves an unsavory aftertaste.

    Listed errata is:
    http://heatofbattlegames.com/errata_ss.php

    Scenario FF10 (“Blackjack Is Back”)

    The Play Area should read: "Only hexrows A-P (inclusive) are playable."
    I am confused.
    When was this released?

    Where is it for sale?

  9. #9
    Hoarding ASL items....... Kevin Kenneally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Central Texas USA.
    Posts
    19,128
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Updated Scenarios?

    Quote Originally Posted by skye88 View Post
    I am confused.
    When was this released?

    Where is it for sale?
    It first was published in 1999 in the Waffen SS Furher's Fireman module that came with counters.

    It was updated and republished in 2006 as the HOB Waffen SS Update pack.
    Last edited by Kevin Kenneally; 13 Mar 12 at 21:38. Reason: correction
    Kevin Kenneally
    Charter member of the "OFF Squad"
    Visiting your local Army Reserve & National Guard units to play ASL.

Similar Threads

  1. Updated alternate art / scenarios and new website
    By Volcano Man in forum Panzer Campaigns/Modern Campaigns
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 16 Aug 07, 11:08
  2. Original SL/CoI/CoD/GI scenarios updated
    By Edvard in forum Advanced Squad Leader
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24 May 06, 12:11
  3. Playing saved games with updated scenarios
    By pbhawkin in forum TOAW Scenario Design
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29 Apr 03, 07:59
  4. Playing save games with updated scenarios
    By pbhawkin in forum The Operational Art of War
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28 Apr 03, 16:46
  5. Bunch of updated scenarios....
    By tklemme in forum The Operational Art of War
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 13 Apr 03, 20:46

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •