Thread: I Am Alive Delayed to 2011

Spec Op Clergy ADMIN Scott Tortorice's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

I Am Alive Delayed to 2011

By the time this game sees the light of day, will anyone care?

I Am Alive To Release After March 2011
    Originally announced at E3 2008 and scheduled for release on “current generation consoles” in the spring of 2009, the game was in development at independent French developer Darkworks before being moved to Ubisoft Shanghai in March 2009.

The title was switched to the publisher’s internal development studio "in order to respect the new launch date”, which was penciled in for March 2010 at the latest.

However, following Ubisoft’s most recent financial report, in which the company lowered its annual sales and profit forecast, it has emerged that I Am Alive won’t release until April 2011 at the earliest....
    This makes me worried:

"We have been totally re-engineering the product, so it is still on the way," Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said in a conference call (via IGN).
    Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer!
    Latest Entry: Board Game Glory: Ogre

Users Flag!

Re: I Am Alive Delayed to 2011

I wonder what do they mean by "totally re-engineering". Seems like a polite way of writing the whole game again from the beginning.

I think that they'll let it hit the market on 2012, to be "bestseller".

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

From the little info that was available, the original design of I Am Alive suggested it to be more of a hardcore survivalist game that just a gussied-up shooter (in fact, the original design mentioned that you would be lucky to have three bullets for a gun at any one time!). This is what makes me worried about the "re-engineering". I hope Ubi doesn't scrap the hardcore elements just to make it another Fallout 3 clone.

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

It lives...and still seems pretty interesting!

Still no release date, though.

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

This probably is gonna be a bomb considering all the dev problems, and the fact that it is now a XBL - PSN title with no mention of a PC release:

EXPERIENCE THE AFTERMATH OF THE "EVENT" IN I AM ALIVET

Post-apocalyptic Adventure for Xbox LIVE® Arcade and PlayStation® Network Arrives this Winter

SAN FRANCISCO - September 29, 2011 - Today, Ubisoft® announced that I Am Alive, a post-apocalyptic action/adventure game, is coming to Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Microsoft Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Sony PlayStation® Network this winter. Developed by Ubisoft Shanghai, I Am Alive was engineered to create a convincing, post-disaster world in which players are faced with thought-provoking choices.

I Am Alive follows an everyman's journey to find his wife and daughter, who were lost during the "Event." A year later, he finds Haventon, his hometown, in shambles. Buildings are destroyed, toxic ash fills the streets, and society has been torn, causing inhabitants to take all necessary actions to survive.

"We know people have been waiting for this game to arrive, and we believe it's going to be worth the wait," said Adam Novickas, Director of Marketing at Ubisoft. "I Am Alive presents a unique take on the post-apocalyptic, survival genre by creating more complex and emotional situations for the player. Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation Network are the perfect platforms to leverage the mature and challenging experiences of the game."

In I Am Alive, players will be challenged by both their environment and their enemies. Stamina and resource management are key when being exposed to deadly atmospheres and scaling enormous buildings in search of supplies. The unique combat system requires players to utilize intimidation: cowards are easily swayed with an empty gun, while other enemies will put players to the test.

For more information on I Am Alive, please visit: http://www.iamalivegame.com
    Even its webpage is just a Facebook page. Still, the trailer looks kinda cool: