Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: About retreat in DA

Noob Recruit
    Users Flag!

About retreat in DA

There are some retreat parameters in DA, and the Maximum Loss is 30%. Now I want to let my unit don't retreat or retreat until Max Loss is more than 30%, Does anyone tell me how to do that?

Chief Defender of the Faith ADMIN Dr Zaius's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

Re: About retreat in DA

I'm not sure if there's any mechanism built into the game to give the player that option. It's been a while since I last played, so I'll have to check it out and get back to you.
    "I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself." - Dr. Zaius

Noob Recruit
    Users Flag!

Thanks Don. I am waiting for your MSG. I think the retreating is a BIG problem, if the retreat is not auto done, that's OK.

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

I took a look at the DA interface and there is a way to give basic orders to each unit. The available orders are:

• offense
    • security
    • hasty defense
    • deliberate defense
    • reserve
    • withdrawal

I can't seem to find any specific references that explain in detail what each of these postures does and how it affects the unit's behavior. There are several DA tutorials and reference manuals in the GameSquad download section and there may be an explanation in one of those.

As for setting an exact percentage before the unit will withdrawal, I don't see a way to do that, but it could be there and I'm missing it.

Curt Pangracs is one of the instructors that uses DA in the classroom and he ought to be able to answer these questions in much more detail. I'll see if I can get him to reply to this thread.
    "I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself." - Dr. Zaius

Noob Recruit
    Users Flag!

Thanks for Don.

I have read the documents in http://forums.gamesquad.com/downloads, but there is no any tips about withdraw.

I think there should be any ways to do it(no retreat), I am waiting for the new reply.

thanks again,

Colorspeech

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

From what I can tell, it appears there is no difference between the CGSC version and the HPS version in this regard. Of course, my CGSC version is now quite old and there may be newer versions with revised features, but I have no way of knowing.

Noob Recruit
    Users Flag!

Any other suggests? I only want to let my units retreat NOT automaticly.

Users Flag!

If your unit is in a position where it cannot retreat, it will probably surrender. I had a unit that had broken through and was tearing through Red support units. It started the turn with 84% Combat Power and 56% logistics It surrendered before the end of the turn to a Supply Brigade!

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?t=38535

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by colorspeech View Post
    There are some retreat parameters in DA, and the Maximum Loss is 30%. Now I want to let my unit don't retreat or retreat until Max Loss is more than 30%, Does anyone tell me how to do that?
    Not sure which version you have, but the loss parameter in DA is hardcoded. If you want to control how a unit moves as it withdraws, you can give it a route and check the "Withdrawal Route" radio button under "Retreat Parameters". However, keep in mind that, depending on the unit's level of suppression, command status, fatigue, logistics, etc, there is a chance that it won't move at all and sit there and whacked to death. I have used this function with success to set-up a delaying action, but if the enemy has you locked in its sights and brings a combination of arty, air, and direct combat, it may be a case of DIP (Die In Place) for that unit, even with the max loss at 30%.
    Any man who refers to himself as an "intellectual" quite obviously isn't.

-Me

Users Flag!

Hey. Long time no see

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast