Thread: I am Alive

Spec Op Clergy ADMIN Scott Tortorice's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

I am Alive

This looks interesting:

[YOUTUBE]VjotBGdo3fk[/YOUTUBE]

It is described as a survival game where you have to find your missing girlfriend in the ruins of Chicago (hmm...sounds a bit like Cloverfield). This isn't a shooter either, as guns aren't prevalent (but they do exist). Rather, the gamer is expected to use other skills/tricks/etc. as he makes his way through the devastation (as in the video).

What has me interested is that the game only lasts nine days. In other words, it doesn't have a grand, free ranging scope as in Fallout 3, but seems more focused along the lines of Left 4 Dead. I am curious how they are going to be able to pack in enough gameplay to make it interesting over the long haul. L4D accomplished this with a wicked-fun multiplayer component. Can it be done with a single player game, too? One that isn't a FPS, no less?!?

Unfortunately, pessimism might be the best attitude to take as the game is slated for a March release and there has yet to be any gameplay videos released. Even the official website lacks any details at this point! That's never a good sign. I suppose if it bombs, there is always the inevitable video game based upon The Road (you know it's going to happen if the movie is a hit....).
    Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer!
    Latest Entry: Gamer's Review: Hellsing Ultimate

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

Re: I am Alive

This makes more sense:

Ubisoft delays I Am Alive

However, in a hot-off-the-press release schedule update the publisher said: "I Am Alive will require further development time and will now bolster the line-up for 2009-10."

The game will be out some time between April 1, 2009 and March 31, 2010, Ubisoft's financial year.

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

Ubisoft pulls I Am Alive from Darkworks

Ubisoft has pulled its original disaster game I Am Alive from developer Darkworks and taken the project in-house.

The game was announced at E3 last year and expected to release this spring, but had been delayed until the financial year ending March 2010.

"In order to respect the new launch date for this ambitious title, and Darkworks having other obligations, we have mutually decided to complete development of I Am Alive at Ubisoft Shanghai, as the two studios have collaborated on aspects of the title over the past year," said Ubisoft in a statement....
    As long as the game turns out as good as it sounds....

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

Ever notice how when a game doesn't do as well as the publisher hoped, the "Not for PC" crowd eventually announce a PC version out of the goodness of their hearts? Yeah, I'm looking at you RockStar Games/L.A. Noir, and now Ubisoft:

http://www.gamesquad.com/screenshots...coming-soon-pc

Sorry, Ubi. Once again you are a dollar short and a day late. I don't want the crumbs that fall from your table.