Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New to ATS

Noob Recruit

Re: New to ATS

Thanks a lot Doug. I realize I made a mistake, considering my tanks were actually moving (I'm currently trying to play The Bardia Waterworks) and my virtual opponent is a bit angry and already trying to find excuses for his impending defeat ...
    I'll probably have other questions later on.
    Your replies are very helpful. Thanks again.
    L.

Noob Recruit

Hi all,
    do you know if there is one Infantry-only scenario that can be downloaded for free on the internet and involving British, German or Italian troops ? I bought Advanced Tobruk but there is none of them in the box, apart from the little basic one to be played with the basic rules. I started learning the full rules of the games and it's quite OK for the time being but I would also like to practise gradually.
    Thanks
    L.

Noob Recruit

As an echo to my previous message, I'm currently trying to find a way of playing infantry-only scenarios involving British, German or Italian troops (I've only got the Advanced Tobruk module and unfortunately, there are no Americans in it !)
    Browsing various sites, I came across a site you've probably known for years : ATS On The Table. Well, on this site, I found lots of ASL scenarios conversions to ATS, which got me pretty excited as I know a lot of ASL scenarios and it looked like what I was looking for.
    Unfortunately I realized that not many of them could actually be played with the OB I have (no Americans and no Russians of course !).
    I eventually made up my mind on SK10 (Paper Army) involving British and Italian troops. But much to my surprise, I saw that I needed 5|5|8 Italian squads, unfortunately unavailable in the Italian OB I got with Advanced Tobruk.
    Does it mean that when you buy an ATS module, you don't necessarily get the whole OB of the various nationalities involved, like in ASL ?
    Well, it doesn't really matter actually, as I can consider the 5|5|7 squads I got have a morale of 8 but I was just wondering, coming from the ASL world ...
    Hope my English is understandable. I don't really feel confident when it comes to talking about rather technical matters ...
    Thank you and enjoy !
    L.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by lumpignon View Post
    As an echo to my previous message, I'm currently trying to find a way of playing infantry-only scenarios involving British, German or Italian troops (I've only got the Advanced Tobruk module and unfortunately, there are no Americans in it !)
    Browsing various sites, I came across a site you've probably known for years : ATS On The Table. Well, on this site, I found lots of ASL scenarios conversions to ATS, which got me pretty excited as I know a lot of ASL scenarios and it looked like what I was looking for.
    Unfortunately I realized that not many of them could actually be played with the OB I have (no Americans and no Russians of course !).
    I eventually made up my mind on SK10 (Paper Army) involving British and Italian troops. But much to my surprise, I saw that I needed 5|5|8 Italian squads, unfortunately unavailable in the Italian OB I got with Advanced Tobruk.
    Does it mean that when you buy an ATS module, you don't necessarily get the whole OB of the various nationalities involved, like in ASL ?
    Well, it doesn't really matter actually, as I can consider the 5|5|7 squads I got have a morale of 8 but I was just wondering, coming from the ASL world ...
    Hope my English is understandable. I don't really feel confident when it comes to talking about rather technical matters ...
    Thank you and enjoy !
    L.
    Usually when you buy an ATS game the counters that come with the game will apply to the scenarios in that game. Most ATS boxed games are self-contained meaning everything included to play the scenarios are with game.

I think that on the Critical Hit website you can buy single sheets of counters so if you are interested in the Americans just buy a single sheet of counters and go from there.

Doug

Noob Recruit

Hi everybody! I have just joined ATS world by buying "Berlin - Red Victory". I've seen the last time sb wrote here was long ago, but I hope you going to read it so I can take some advices, clarify some points about the rules, and so on. I also intend to buy ASL (up to now just playing Panzerblitz, TCS, Memoir'44, etc) but I definitely can't understand this grudge between these two groups of players, but anyway lol

See ya!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2