Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recipe to self induced heart attack!

Users Flag!

Recipe to self induced heart attack!

1. Participate in having your wife fall pregnant while still being able to enjoy nearly 2 games a week via Skype and VASL.
    2. As soon as the kid arrives, realize that youll not be able to keep up with the pace and drop down 2 pbem.
    3. After 3 months realize pbem, work and feedings does not work well, but you still have time to take out and fondle a module or new publication every now and then. You have enough time to move all scenarios to a pair of sleeve filing books.
    4. Change jobs and get involved in a rather big software development project. Now ASL time is limited to fondling new products only and quick read here and there on the Forums between project code builds and tests runs.
    5. Finally you manage to get time managing going and get yourself into playing mode. Noticing some photos of decently organized ASL collections you decide you will need to do the same. Revisit step 3.
    6. Nearly 400 sleeve covers later, the rule book is and most TPP stuff is organized, now on to official scenarios Right, so 1 to 50 is good quickly reorganize binders before moving on to HL, COB, GH! And CtG.
    7. Ok, now where the @#$@#!?! are scenarios 50 82!?! Im sure I put them no not there keep calm no need to panic only had a massive clean up the other week would have noticed if I dumped scenarios in to the dustbin Im sure I would have noticed ?

After spending 2 hours looking for the scenarios, silently murdering anyone and everyone in my head remotely responsible or whom Ive seen having relations with a feather duster or who could have moved, thrown away or destroyed the scenarios, I finally found them in a bottom drawer below laminated Combat Commander parts. At this stage I neatly put back everything I dug out the last few hours (not going through this again) and poured myself a glass of whiskey. Will continue cleaning up this evening.
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess
    http://www.wargamer.co.za & http://www.twitter.com/ChrisvWyk

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

Re: Recipe to self induced heart attack!

Wait till the kids turn 18, then it gets really hard.
    wargamers and role-players, both geeks, just on different levels !!

Users Flag!

With a grandchild on the way, the wife keeps eyeing out my study and I can see her mentally burning all my gaming goodies to make way for the little one's inevitable overnight visits...
    "You can be sincere and still be stupid" (Fyodor Dostoevsky)

Users Flag!

Wait until kid is old enough to see and reach those tasty counters, and then you will really be looking for a replacement copy, hence my triple sets of Core module counters and double set of mounted maps ( now missing 1 of the board's #6 cause of the above mentioned) i knew in advance this would happen so grabbed up every cheap copy of punched modules on FeeBay and the forums, my OCD is at ease until something else winds up destroyed or missing.
    Luke I am your father!

Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by cryophobia View Post
    1. Participate in having your wife fall pregnant while still being able to enjoy nearly 2 games a week via Skype and VASL.
    2. As soon as the kid arrives, realize that youll not be able to keep up with the pace and drop down 2 pbem.
    3. After 3 months realize pbem, work and feedings does not work well, but you still have time to take out and fondle a module or new publication every now and then. You have enough time to move all scenarios to a pair of sleeve filing books.
    4. Change jobs and get involved in a rather big software development project. Now ASL time is limited to fondling new products only and quick read here and there on the Forums between project code builds and tests runs.
    5. Finally you manage to get time managing going and get yourself into playing mode. Noticing some photos of decently organized ASL collections you decide you will need to do the same. Revisit step 3.
    6. Nearly 400 sleeve covers later, the rule book is and most TPP stuff is organized, now on to official scenarios Right, so 1 to 50 is good quickly reorganize binders before moving on to HL, COB, GH! And CtG.
    7. Ok, now where the @#$@#!?! are scenarios 50 82!?! Im sure I put them no not there keep calm no need to panic only had a massive clean up the other week would have noticed if I dumped scenarios in to the dustbin Im sure I would have noticed ?

After spending 2 hours looking...[snip] At this stage I neatly put back everything I dug out the last few hours (not going through this again) and poured myself a glass of whiskey. Will continue cleaning up this evening.
    I think it is important after each one of the items you mention above you should add what you noted last-- Pour myself a glass of whisky/whiskey.

Quote Originally Posted by n3ddy View Post
    With a grandchild on the way, the wife keeps eyeing out my study and I can see her mentally burning all my gaming goodies to make way for the little one's inevitable overnight visits...
    It is important to let your wife know that your new grandson may someday inherit this ASL collection and it might even pay his way through college-- you know winning those national ASL tournaments-- and until he reaches the age that he can play ASL it must be seen that this ASL library/study is the holy of holy places in the house a veritable sanctuary of safety and repose for those who dare enter. Theme music must soon be added to enhance the sacred nature of your study.

Best regards,
    John

Users Flag!

Isn't it funny how you always find missing stuff in the last place you look!
    Later - Tater
    Beware "The Star Spangled Spud!"
    CH! = 3rd Edition Is The Charm

Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I've always loved that line.

Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Not always. I continue to look even after I've found it.
    Psycho & Michelle's Home Page https://sites.google.com/site/psychomichelleshomepage/home

Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
    Not always. I continue to look even after I've found it.
    I lose it again right after I find it.

Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
    I lose it again right after I find it.
    Anus erectus! That's why you keep looking!
    Psycho & Michelle's Home Page https://sites.google.com/site/psychomichelleshomepage/home

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast