Thread: Stielgranate 41 dates?

Users Flag!

Stielgranate 41 dates?

Hey all -

Are there availability dates for this German round? I've found sources saying it wasn't deployed until 1942 or 1943 (though it was developed in 1936, and used in Spain).
    Of course, all that matters is what The Book says - and I can't find anything about it....

Tycho

Users Flag!

Re: Stielgranate 41 dates?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Hey all -

Are there availability dates for this German round? I've found sources saying it wasn't deployed until 1942 or 1943 (though it was developed in 1936, and used in Spain).
    Of course, all that matters is what The Book says - and I can't find anything about it....

Tycho
    May, '42. C8.3.

JR

Forum Guru
    Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

Chapter H is your friend. For the PaK35/36, I see no superscripts on the HEAT round that would indicate any sort of timeframe limitation. Footnote B tells you how to shoot it, but doesn't mention availability dates either.

I would say it's available any time the gun is available (36-45).

(That is until someone posted a specific date from another part of the tome of ultimate confusion.)
    Last edited by pward; 10 Mar 08 at 23:28. Reason: lack of cross-references in chapter H

Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by pward View Post
    Chapter H is your friend. For the PaK35/36, I see no superscripts on the HEAT round that would indicate any sort of timeframe limitation. Footnote B tells you how to shoot it, but doesn't mention availability dates either.

I would say it's available any time the gun is available (36-45).
    You would have fallen for the oldest trick in The Book. Where to find the answer for German HEAT is one of the few things that you have to memorize. That and the fact that T-34's are RST up to the T-34M43, but at least that's printed on the counter (until you mix in your VotG counters).

JR

I don't think you'll find specific HEAT availability dates on many vehicles/ordnance in Chaper H. I usually only says something like "H9".

(That is until someone posted a specific date from another part of the tome of ultimate confusion.)
    C8.3:
    "8.3 HEAT (H): HEAT is available to the Germans starting in May 1942, and to the U.S., Britain, and Russia starting in 1943...."