Plans for Turn 3:
Western Sector: Movement of 243ID toward St Saveur indicates...what? Is he planning a counter-attack from St Saveur thru the bocage against the 82AB, or are these units heading south to defend Caretan? Maybe he's thinking he can sacrifice Cherbourg (+30 Allies) for Caretan (+30 Axis) and come out even?
- 4ID to take Quineville and see if 243ID units them move back N
- 90ID(358RCT) to extend 4ID line SW to Mederet R and threaten Montbourg
- 90ID to reinforce 101AB at Taute River bridges and assault Caretan next turn
- 82AB to engage enemy E of St Saveur and cross the Douve R @ 28,26 (give him yet another thing to worry about).
- 101AB to clear northern Vire R bridge and outflank Caretan defenders for next turn's assault on the Axis super-objective.
Central Sector: Spreading the 12SSPzr out across the entire front is probably necessary to leave no gaps in the line. Need to find some weak points, and to eliminate the salient he holds W of Douvres between the BR and CA 3IDs.
- 29ID to advance S toward the Aure R and Isigny, and take Formigny this turn
- 1ID to drive S and SE from crossroad @ 61,29 toward Balleroy and Bayeux
- BR 8ArmB to take Bayeux from NE and link up with US 1ID
Eastern Sector: Recapturing Benouville and moving adjacent to Pegasus Bridge tells me he intends to get it back; that needs to be dealt with harshly.
- BR 50ID to clear Bayeux "gap" of defenders and turn SE toward Caen
- CA 3ID to advance S to Bretteville, W of Douves-Caen road
- BR 3ID to advance S to Periers Ridge, E of Douves-Caen road, and retake Benouville.
- BR 6AB & Cdos to hold Pegasus Bridge and expand airhead another hex-row S.
See the URL in the previous post for a screenshot of the map. The forum isn't uploading my within-size-limits SAL.zip files just now.