Start of Turn 3a: Axis 91 VPs, 11 LP; Allies 9 VPs, 0 LP; -71/100, OD
Our interdiction level is 60%
2 bomber units have been withdrawn
Polish 2nd Armor Bde becomes available
Drakken continues to defend forward (S of the Foglia), rather than retreating behind the river. His 1st Falls are flanked, but don't seem to know it yet. At the very end of the FJ line, against the river, is the weak point, which I'll hit.
My plans for this turn are:
- send high-recce-value units to find west ends of 71st and 278th ID lines; it looks like there might be a gap between the 278th and 71st, and between the 278th and the west edge of the map.
- push the 71st ID and 1st FJ line from the south with TF2 (Canadians), and if possible, put some armor on the road to San Angelo and the Montecchio bridge.
- punch a hole in the 1st Falls line at the river and roll them up into the hills with TF1 (Poles and Brits), to get access to our crossing points at 16,12 and 17,12.
- continue pushing TF2 (Indians) toward Montecalvo, threaten the gap between the 278th and 71st IDs if there is one, and isolate the 278th Fus.
- hit all Axis Pioneer units hard, to reduce his ability to escape over the river except at the Montecchio bridge.
Start of Turn 3 attached.