Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rick vs Murphstein

Forum Conscript
    Users Flag!
    Quote Originally Posted by rasmus View Post
    A few comments.
    1. In your screen shots many of your artillery units are either in mobile or Local reserve deployment. In these deployments they will not support any attacking or defending units. Put them into tactical reserve or defending, so that they will support your attcks.
    2. Clicking on an artillery unit in the combat planner will make it fire directly. Be sure that the ART unit has sufficient movement pointdirect fire mission will eat a lot of your turn.

3.I normally leave most of the ÁRT units in tactical and only use a few for direct fire missions.

4. 40% of the round for the first attack round is quite a lot. I would suggest holding off those attacks that spends more than 20%, for the next rounds. The first round ate 10% extra. Had you used units that had only used 20% of their MPs you would have had 70% left after the first round.

5. The goal of the first round or two against a fortified position is to soften up the defenders (preferably putting them into mobile deployment), and countering the defensive artillery, thus paving the way for the big assault once that has been achieved. I normally use the direct attack limit losses for the softening up attacks.

Hope this helps a little.

ok, thanks - I'll cycle thru my art and set them appropriately.

Thanks

Forum Conscript
    Users Flag!

Turn 6-7

Attached screenshot is at end of allied turn 7.

German counter attacked last turn. Making gains around Montechio and east.

I regained most of losses around Montechio but not all of them. Captured Foglia. But was beat back bad at Montecalvo.

Both German last pahse and my allied turn 7 only lasted one round.

Also. I applied the final released patch (over the interim Patch). and I now have a .SAL file I can look at at end of my turn, so this might help, although at this point I think it's a little late.

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum Conscript
    Users Flag!

Rimini allied turn 10

Finished the game agains murphstein. He won a significant victory. I actually though I had started ok, but quickly became apparent I didn't use my engineers properly.

I was never ever to make any significant headway against his 2nd river defence. While I was able to get across at montchio and pesaro, I was ever able to exploit those crossing.

He kept pressure on through counter-attacks, and did a good job keep me off balance.

Rick
    (I'm going to check out his thread on the axix side now.

Murphstein also shared some advise with me after seeing my turns from his point of view.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2