Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Decisive Action "wish list"

Chief Defender of the Faith ADMIN Dr Zaius's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Users Flag!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Roll
    I would like to see DA take into account night combat, and one sides advantages/disadvantages.
    Agreed. I would be satisfied if each side had a simple global setting reflecting the side's night fighting ability. This would be a combination of training plus NVG equipment. During night hours movement rates would be reduced by 10-30% and spotting would be a little more difficult. The side's night fighting rating would help to partially offset this disadvantage.
    "I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself." - Dr. Zaius

Forum Conscript
    Users Flag!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Maddox
    Agreed. I would be satisfied if each side had a simple global setting reflecting the side's night fighting ability. This would be a combination of training plus NVG equipment. During night hours movement rates would be reduced by 10-30% and spotting would be a little more difficult. The side's night fighting rating would help to partially offset this disadvantage.
    Seems it would be easy enough to do. I wouldn't mind seeing weather modeled somehow eventually too, but I would rather see the night issue resolved first.

Forum Conscript
    Users Flag!
    Another thing I would like to see changed is when a unit is forced to retreat it not just take off in the opposite direction it is being attacked from. They tend to ignore the terrain they pass through. I think something along the lines of a rally point would be a good start. Also, terrain restrictions need to be taken into account as well.

Chief Defender of the Faith ADMIN Dr Zaius's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Users Flag!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Roll
    Another thing I would like to see changed is when a unit is forced to retreat it not just take off in the opposite direction it is being attacked from. They tend to ignore the terrain they pass through. I think something along the lines of a rally point would be a good start. Also, terrain restrictions need to be taken into account as well.
    There is a way to do this but it's somewhat time consuming. Eash unit can have a "retreat route" plotted for it. There is a check box for this on the unit report. I admit I have not made use of it so I don't know how effective it is, but it seems to be a way to set a rally point.

Seems it would be easy enough to do. I wouldn't mind seeing weather modeled somehow eventually too, but I would rather see the night issue resolved first.
    Agreed. I don't think the weather model needs to be terribly complex (although that would be a plus), it simply need to be able to model changing weather conditions. For instance, I would like the first 10 turns (20 hours) of the scenario to have clear weather, then on turn 11 a sandstorm comes in and severely limits visibility and movement. It should be fairly straight forward to implement such a system.
    "I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself." - Dr. Zaius

Users Flag!
    I would like to be able to veiw all movement paths, and all friendly footprints.

Forum Regular
    Users Flag!
    Quote Originally Posted by NORAD
    I would like to be able to veiw all movement paths, and all friendly footprints.
    I will second this request.

Users Flag!

movement

I wish I could have an esteem of the maximum distance every land unit can cover in a turn, as it happens for AH and UAV.
    M

Users Flag!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mompariglia
    I wish I could have an esteem of the maximum distance every land unit can cover in a turn, as it happens for AH and UAV.
    M
    You can. First, there is the estimation provided when you create a path. There is also a chart available in CPangrac's Decisive Action Primer.

Users Flag!
    Where is the estimation? There's no info about it in the manual. Also, can you post a link to CPangrac's guide?
    M

Users Flag!

Court Pangrac's Guide to DA

Where is it?

Regards,
    Antonio

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast