Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Days of Decision III Plug-In for WiF VASSAL?

Days of Decision III Plug-In for WiF VASSAL?

Hello everyone,

Does anybody know if anyone is working on a Days of Decision III add-in to the WiF Version 300 VASSAL module?

I'm tempted to take this module modification on as a little personal project, but I don't want to duplicate anyone's already full-steam efforts.

Forum Regular
    I am planning on adding DoD3 into the existing module. My dream is to eventually have everything WiF under one file. I am currently working on America in Flames and pushing hard to get to DoD3 and Patton in Flames, which is all I have left.

Ken,

Cheers for recognizing the value of adding DoD to the WiF module. Do you have a ballpark timeline of when you plan to start working on it?

Forum Regular
    I just recently bought DoD3 and think it's awesome so I'm anxious to get working on it to get it into the module. I've been kinda passively digging for what players think about it and for the most part the responses I get is that most could care less or don't want it at all. It's a pretty easy addition so it shouldn't take me too long to get it in the module, but I'm going on vacation for a few weeks so I won't be working on it right away. I'm hoping to have it in and a new module version available within a couple of months. This would include both AiF (with the full North and South America maps) as well as all of the DoD3 stuff.

Ken

As far as I'm concerned, grand strategic warfare *is* the political and diplomatic stuff. I wouldn't play WiF without DoD, to be honest (unless just playing a bit to learn the rules). Otherwise, you just have a more complicated, drawn-out game of Axis & Allies.

Cheers for being keen with all of this, Ken.

Forum Regular
    I couldn't agree with you more. I heard a comment from a WiFer who said that all DoD does is mess up the game for you before you even start playing. I guess it all depends on what you consider to be the beginning of the game. I like the unknown and variation that DoD gives you. Keeps the game fresh and new. It's on the way, soon.

Ken

Ken,

Once you have the DoD-enabled VASSAL module ready, just drop me a PM if you'd like to get a 4+ player game of DoD + WiF going online.

With the private messaging systems within VASSAL allowing for confidential player discussion during the diplomacy and political phases, I could see this being just plain awesome.

Re: Days of Decision III Plug-In for WiF VASSAL?

Quote Originally Posted by griffitz62 View Post
    I just recently bought DoD3 and think it's awesome so I'm anxious to get working on it to get it into the module. I've been kinda passively digging for what players think about it and for the most part the responses I get is that most could care less or don't want it at all. It's a pretty easy addition so it shouldn't take me too long to get it in the module, but I'm going on vacation for a few weeks so I won't be working on it right away. I'm hoping to have it in and a new module version available within a couple of months. This would include both AiF (with the full North and South America maps) as well as all of the DoD3 stuff.

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by Portal View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, grand strategic warfare *is* the political and diplomatic stuff. I wouldn't play WiF without DoD, to be honest (unless just playing a bit to learn the rules). Otherwise, you just have a more complicated, drawn-out game of Axis & Allies.

YES. YES. YES. The best Wif games I've played have been based on DoD! I agree with Marcus.

Jason

DOD (III) is the best part of the game for the political system. I don't really care about the hoaky build points and such. I usually just use the normal units right from the beginning and play the political system. It's awesome.

Ken,

Once you have the DoD-enabled VASSAL module ready, just drop me a PM if you'd like to get a 4+ player game of DoD + WiF going online.

With the private messaging systems within VASSAL allowing for confidential player discussion during the diplomacy and political phases, I could see this being just plain awesome.

Did this ever get done?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast