Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sony drops hints on PSP2

Noob Recruit
    Users Flag!

Sony drops hints on PSP2

By www.psphome.com
    Source

Sony are conducting a survey about the original PSP. In the survey at the end they include a question asking:

“Would you buy another PSP system if it included a hard drive and/or video out?”

This survey was sent out via Email to Playstation Underground users.

The email said

“To some, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system is a powerful multi-media machine wrapped in a gaming device. To others, it’s simply fun to play with. Either way, we want to know what you think. Help us harness your powerful gaming knowledge and take a simple survey. From the total responses, we’ll choose one PSP system owner who will get five PSP system games of his or her choice. One entry per person, please—nobody likes a survey hog.”

From what we can gather from the survey, Sony are looking to see if the PSP2 would succeed in the market. So what do you think? Would you buy a PSP with a HD and Video Output?

Forum Guru
    Users Flag!
    ???

It's a hand held. I can't picture giving a damn if it had a video output even now.

Hard drive? What for? Oh wait, that might mean I could carry MORE pdf copies of RPG manuals. That might not be too bad.

The current PSP though, is eating the dust of the Nintendo DS. But even as great as the DS is, Nintendo periodically redesigns it too.

So yeah, sure, I think they might want to launch a PSP2 that does MORE than it does now. Being able to play games is it's primary function (you would think), I thought the movies aspect though was a total turkey. But a hard drive might make the pdf use a bit more well you know, useful.

Users Flag!
    That doesn't sound like a "PSP 2" at all, more like a PSP 1.5, a redesign just like the DS lite or slimline PS2. Anyway I wouldn't buy an upgraded PSP when I have already shelled out for a PSP, what would be the point in that?

And I can remember getting a survey from yourpsp.com in my email inbox asking various questions a while back so this is hardly a new thing.

Forum Guru
    Users Flag!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamaniac 791 View Post
    That doesn't sound like a "PSP 2" at all, more like a PSP 1.5, a redesign just like the DS lite or slimline PS2. Anyway I wouldn't buy an upgraded PSP when I have already shelled out for a PSP, what would be the point in that?

And I can remember getting a survey from yourpsp.com in my email inbox asking various questions a while back so this is hardly a new thing.
    What would be the point in that? Errrr hmm the same point that has gotten so many idiots to shell out, in lots of cases, waaaaaaay more than the already incredibly high price for the PS3. The person wanted the latest cool new options.

This "new" PSP will likely be as "vitally needed" to a person, as a PS3 is, to a person with a PS2.

Users Flag!
    A PSP with a built in HDD? Talk about Sony shooting themselves in the foot - the PSP is already one of the most pirated formats out there, add a built in HDD to the mixture thus negating the need for expensive propriety Sony memory stick formats and you have all the makings of a hackers dream.

Personally they'd have to make a big step forward in graphical quality and battery life for me to consider shelling out for another PSP - not to mention the severe need for a better software lineup (I seriousley found only 3 games to buy in 2006 for the PSP - thats pretty damn terrible imho, and is the main reason my PSP collects dust while my DS is used regularly)

Forum Guru
    Users Flag!
    "Talk about Sony shooting themselves in the foot"

Sony is good at doing that though. They also like to shoot themselves in the head as well

If I wanted to make a competition console for the 360, I would have waited till I could at least make one that was sold for a profit on it unit sold.

I cant really say I need anything from the psp than what it has now and video output doesn't even matter neither does harddrive (that much) it needs better games though the games aren't that good (thts just my opinion)

Forum Guru
    Users Flag!
    Buddy commented on the ability to use hard drive to accomodate PS1 games on it.

Yeah that might be handy. Not sure current PSP owners will pony up for a tweaked PSP though.

Users Flag!
    I wouldnt see the point in buying a upgraded psp which has a HD and better video features. I only use it mostly for songs and games.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries View Post
    This "new" PSP will likely be as "vitally needed" to a person, as a PS3 is, to a person with a PS2.
    I know it was just an example but it was a pretty bad one imo

Users Flag!
    Sony can get ****ed if they think I'm buying another psp

They're still struggling to keep the 1st one alive, if it wasn't for homebrew i think most people would desert it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast