I am utterly confused by the campaign interface and also have trouble with the tactical.
- How do I mine a location, other than my own port? Either mining does not come up in the menu or I cannot select a target. I just spent 15 minutes trying to mine a japanese coastal shipping lane near Port Arthur, but could not. Surely, this should not be this hard. I read the manual, but still don't have a clue.
- When does Area patrol come up as an option? It seems random to me, I cannot understand it at all.
- When I have a fleet resting and I select it, it starts to ready itself, why? (This was obvserved pre-patch).
- When I ready a fleet, if I do not give it immediate sailing orders (while still preparing), it goes automatically back to Resting status and needs another 25 hours. Why???
- Please give us an option to change the point of view when right or middle mouse button is pressed. Mouse movement should only scroll.
- Scrolling / face changing is way to fast on my computer, any chance of a speed setting for this?
- In a tactical battle I shot up an enemy auxaliray cruiser and it started to sink. I ordered my ships to cease fire, but they kept on shooting, wasting ammo needlessly.
- I am still confused why sometimes I cannot give my division a turn by succession order. Sometimes this is possible, sometimes it is not. Also at one time this order resulted in an immediate turn.
- What is the difference between giving orders to the lead ship or the entire div? Sometimes I can give order to the division, sometimes it is the lead ship. Again, very confusing.
- Hotkeys F2, F3 and F do nothing for me.
- How is it possible to keep the camera on an enemy ship? Why is it that I right click an enemy ship and the camera shifts to my own forces????
PLEASE CLEAN UP THE INTERFACE, THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST I HAVE SEEN! Sorry for shouting, but I paid $60 for a game and instead of playing I spent the last few days struggling with the interface and was forced to give up in sheer frustration on each occasion I sat down to play.
I am no newbie to wargames, I have no trouble controlling War in the Pacific, Combat Mission and many other games. I rarely had this much trouble with a game interface.