Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The unofficial Distant Guns 'wish list'

Forum Regular
    I agree with what has been posted here. Here's one more.

I don't know how many people are playing multiplayer, but that's a big part of my gaming time. I would like to be able to assign an AI player to one side so I could play co-op with my friends.

Would also like to see a more accurate rendering of ship sinkings. Played last night and watched a ship go from a 15 degree port list to rolling over on it's starboard side. Huh? Wreckage and the like would be a nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by griffitz62
    I agree with what has been posted here. Here's one more.

I don't know how many people are playing multiplayer, but that's a big part of my gaming time. I would like to be able to assign an AI player to one side so I could play co-op with my friends.

If you got a 3rd player to take the enemy, then he left, the AI would take over allowing you to cooperate against it?

cheers
    David

Noob Recruit
    I purchased the game yesterday mostly to show support for the series so that new eras will be added in the future, and I hope to see many of the excellent ideas voiced here added somewhere along the line. Overall I'm having fun with the game, and there are just a few things that I'd like to see changed or improved.

My requests include (sorry about repeating anything already mentioned):

Ability to turn the "tooltips" off.
    Statistics tracking.
    Hotkeys to be user defined.
    Camera controls to be user defined.
    An OOB screen.
    Remove the flyout panel completely and replace it with user defined hotkeys and/or a standard menu.
    Ingame gamma adjustment.
    Improve the message list, either by filtering, scrolling or both.
    Increased/improved FOW.
    The ability to play 2 player LAN with a single copy of the game.
    Dynamic visible damage modelling.
    More & varied sound effects.
    A list of current saves that is visible when saving a game.

My bug list:

Some hotkeys don't seem to work.
    The AI gets serious target fixation and will continue pounding an almost dead target when there are more dangerous and closer threats.
    Ships will continue to fire even while listing at 90+ degrees (capsizing).
    The game doesn't remember that I don't want a sticky flyout panel from game to game.

That's all for now.

An OOB screen is my number one wish along with a little more fire graphics and turret damage graphics.

I rather enjoy the interface now that I got used to it.

Oh by the way, Riders suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Harv
    The AI gets serious target fixation and will continue pounding an almost dead target when there are more dangerous and closer threats.
    Quite possibly accurate, ships crews will do odd stuff when they can keep kicking a man when he's down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harv
    Ships will continue to fire even while listing at 90+ degrees (capsizing).
    Also probably not a bug. When Blucher sank at Dogger Bank the one gun she had in action as she heeled over was still being worked by some brave but foolhardy soul(s). Some crews were brave to the point of stupidity in extreme cases (e.g. Rurijk at Ulsan). Also there are a number of reports of ship sinkings in various wars of guns firing off as the ship rolled over, this is possibly the ammunition cooking off as fires in the hulk move into new areas as the stresses in the hull force pressure about in odd ways.

Noob Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by WallysWorld

Oh by the way, Riders suck!
    Riders Suck??!! Why you...you...

Hmmm, you're right actually.

I hate it when eeeeevil Albertians are right about anything related to this sucky province. Especially when they're all from Scratchnwin originally.

Noob Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by saddletank
    Quite possibly accurate, ships crews will do odd stuff when they can keep kicking a man when he's down.
    Perhaps it's more poor AI targeting choices as opposed to fixation. For example I have a game where 6 Japanese cruisers (3 on each side) are within 1500m of two Russian battleships (Navarin and Vyeliki) and beating them up quite badly, while both BB's are firing on the Chin Yen which is almost 8000m away. If the BB's were "smart" they'd blow away the cruisers with the 305's at short range and then work over the Chin Yen.

As it is now this is an AI exploit where you can bait it with a long range BB type target (or a close range sacrificial lamb) all the while pounding away with impunity with your other ships.

Also probably not a bug. When Blucher sank at Dogger Bank the one gun she had in action as she heeled over was still being worked by some brave but foolhardy soul(s). Some crews were brave to the point of stupidity in extreme cases (e.g. Rurijk at Ulsan). Also there are a number of reports of ship sinkings in various wars of guns firing off as the ship rolled over, this is possibly the ammunition cooking off as fires in the hulk move into new areas as the stresses in the hull force pressure about in odd ways.
    I think this is probably tied in with Bullethead's research on incorrect firing arcs, as there is no way that the guns would have the necessary depression to be firing at such extreme angles. Unless of course the target was directly ahead of or behind the sinking ship, which opens up a whole new set of problems...if you ever try to fire a handgun accurately at moderately long range while holding it sideways "gangsta" style you'll see what I mean, as the sights don't work correctly when in that orientation.

Noob Recruit

Also like to see...

The 'S' key command, show ship data;

1. the type pf ship should be BB, CC, DD, etc. instead of spelled out.
    2. Be able to filter the data in this overlay; Division name, ship name, speed, then what it's doing (firing, getting hit, fire, part damged, forming on, etc.)

There are three additions I would really like to see:

First, I would like to have an additional scenario-builder over which I had complete control in choosing the exact ships, general location, weather, and time of day. Often with miniatures I will set up a specific situation and solo-game it just to see what happens. I've found that to be the best way to learn about a ship's capabilities under various conditions. The random scenario builder is great fun for play, and I would want to keep that, too, but what I suggest would be helpful to me as a learning tool.

Second, I would like to see graphical improvements to the land and sky areas. It need not be spectacular, but what we have now is so rudimentary that it is something of an immersion-killer for me. I would like to see this improved to at least the level present in Fleet Command, but preferably to the level found in IL2/AEP/PF. Those are both older games and that seems to be a realistic goal.

Third, somewhere down the line I would like to see the engine adapted to allow retexturing of the ship models. There are a lot of very talented skinners out there who would be happy to lend their formidable talents to making the ships look utterly spectacular instead of merely very good.

Forum Conscript
    Multiplayer campaign PLEASE!

And better multiplayer battles - a buying system with points a la CM and many other games.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast