Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: 1st Turn

Forum Conscript
    Users Flag!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz57
    If you can upload the file where you are seeing naval units able to dig in, I can take a look....somethin' ain't right about that.
    Attached are the SAL and a screenshot of the local situation with the unit deployment choices open.
    The SAL has one attack from 52,23 to 52,24 setup with the naval units on TR and air on CS. Everytime I run the battle, the naval units refuse to help. The screenshot is just to show the weird land-like deployment choices.

I hope that's what you need. Thanks for investigating.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by shoelessjoe; 05 Aug 06 at 08:27.

Users Flag!
    I think the various possible deployments for the naval units are simply a little beauty error, with no actual consequenses.

Also, I haven't read the manual, but those ships will support land battles within range - sometimes, not always, I guess there is a comm check or something. In your case, maybe they don't like that particular hex?

Forum Conscript
    Users Flag!
    Okay, before you spend too much time tracking this down...

I just loaded T3 from Joss. And with his turn I don't get the problem...that is the naval units all have mobile, moving, TR, LR and cancel.

Do I have an incorrect TN3PW or an incorrect 3.0.0.17 possibly?

Forum Veteran
    Users Flag!
    Okay - for naval units, they pretty much always going to show as mobile. In the formation dialogue, you can adjust their settings - but as far as I've been able to determine - they don't really work with naval units.

Now, naval units will fire in support of anything in their firing range, provided they pass a communications check. This will show in the course of the Detailed Combat Report, which you might have to manually turn on, but in all my tests, I am seeing naval units providing artillery support when left on global...or when assigned directly.

Forum Conscript
    Users Flag!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz57
    Okay - for naval units, they pretty much always going to show as mobile. In the formation dialogue, you can adjust their settings - but as far as I've been able to determine - they don't really work with naval units.

Now, naval units will fire in support of anything in their firing range, provided they pass a communications check. This will show in the course of the Detailed Combat Report, which you might have to manually turn on, but in all my tests, I am seeing naval units providing artillery support when left on global...or when assigned directly.
    Thank you. I'm guessing they just weren't passing the com checks, because on other beaches, the naval units support and on the second round on Omaha, they start supporting.

Forum Conscript
    Users Flag!

shoelessjoe v. Pelle Turn 1

I'm the slow child

Didn't get very close to Carretan. Didn't get far off Omaha. Spent too much time chasing RBC with airborne near Pegasus bridge and ended up without fortifying most. Also ended up overstacked in a bunch of places.

Concentrated on paying attention to formation support. Utah is nice because most are force or army there. On the East side, it's the other way around--lots of internal support.

Had only 40% after my first round but still got four more rounds. End result is I used up the MP on a number of units just trying to move them forward in the second round, expecting the turn to end, and in the last couple rounds had very little that I could attack with.

Was able to capture Formigny and Douvres, to drop Axis supply by 2%.

Here are the SAL and PBL. (is that overkill?)

Any and all comments are welcome.

shoeless

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7