Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: * Known Harpoon [ANW] Issues

Composite Warfare Command Herman Hum's Avatar
    The sentiment is appreciated but that is an impossibility since there are no formations whatsoever in the test scen.

However, I did find out where they disappeared to. Evidently they were 'destroyed'. No idea how they ended up destroyed. All they did was launch, fire, and (supposedly) return to base. Nothing capable shooting them down or preventing them from landing.
    ScenShare scenarios: 1) Enjoy creating it, 2) Enjoy playing it, 3) Enjoy sharing it, 4) Enjoy helping others create them
    The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.
    Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions

* Known Harpoon [ANW] Issues - resolved

NAV zone ignored II

Aircraft on strike mission flies right through an Aircraft NAV restriction zone. This is not the same as the NAV zone bug reported here.

1. Run scen with SE 3.7.1 with Show All activated and slider Accuracy Low/Fast
    2. Eagle flight bound for Parchin will overfly Jordanian facilities even though NAV zone surrounds it.

Sample file for the PlayersDb v6.4.9
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Herman Hum; 31 May 07 at 19:58.
    ScenShare scenarios: 1) Enjoy creating it, 2) Enjoy playing it, 3) Enjoy sharing it, 4) Enjoy helping others create them

* Known Harpoon 3.7 [ANW] Issues

Mission fails to navigate without Full throttle setting

Aircraft without a "Full speed" throttle setting in the database are fully functional under manual control, but are unable to calculate a path to their targets under AI control.

1. Run test scen. Two flights of Backfires will loiter over base unable to plot a path to the target.

NOTE: This could be resolved by having all DB editors ensure that every platform has a full range of throttle settings. However, I believe that this is an improper solution as the strike platform should plot the intercept path according to its maximum speed whether it is Creep, Cruise, Full, or Flank.

Last edited by Herman Hum; 02 Sep 06 at 04:41.

Planes directly inserted ignore target list

Planes directly inserted ignore targets listed in strike missions. However, planes that launch on those same strike missions will obey the target strike list and not attack any target not on the list.
    1. Run scen with SE 3.7.1
    2. B-52 inserted directly into scen will launch at targets not on the Mission list.
    3. Planes launching to conduct mission will obey Mission list restriction.

Sample file for the ODb

Recon mission does not work for AI

Recon Mission works for player, but does not work under AI control.
    1. Open test scen in 3.7.1. SE
    2. Run game and you will see your own Spy aircraft observing nothing

3. Open test scen in 3.7.1. SE
    4. Switch sides to side '1'
    5. run game and you will see plane rise from land base on a recon mission

Sample file for the PlayersDB v6.4.9
    Last edited by Herman Hum; 31 May 07 at 19:58.

I saw that "they" appear to be hard at work on a 3.7.3 patch.
    I sure hope a lot of the identified "issues" get resolved as I am beginning to get itchy to try out Harpoon MP. I didn't think the MP would interest me however, the more I read on all the fun you all are having ... the more interested I am getting.

Postures incorrectly re-built

Postures are incorrectly re-estabilished once a unit has been destroyed.

Three sides are in this test scenario: Attacker (Danish Airlift side), Target (French Target), and Link side (Denmark). The postures are as follows:

1) Attacker side is hostile to Target side
    2) Link side is friendly to both Attacker and Target sides. (This posture prevents Attacker from launching strike on Target.)

In Harpoon v3.6.3 and in ANW v3.7.0, once the Link side is destroyed, the Attacker side is freed to launch airstrike at Target.

However, this is not the case with the Beta 3.7.1 patch. Once the link side is destroyed, the GE acts as though the link is still functional even though there are no remaining units on the Link side. The postures are re-build incorrectly and dysfunctionally.

Steps to re-create:

1) Run [PDb] Postures incorrectly re-built (3.7.1).SCN in ANW SE 3.7.0 from the Belgian side
    2) Activate show all.
    3) After C-130s destroy Link target, air strike will launch on French Target at 02:15 of game time.

4) Re-run test scen in ANW SE 3.7.1
    5) After C-130s destroy Link target, no air strikes appear. Further investigate will show that even though one side is hostile to another, attacks are not allowed.

Last edited by Herman Hum; 31 May 07 at 19:59.

All strikers fail to launch

All aircraft assigned to a strike mission fail to launch.

1. Run test scen in ANW SE 3.7.1 from the French Target side with Show All activated
    2. At 02:15 of game time, 32 aircraft have been assigned to launch strike from Denmark. However, only 24 actually launch.

It is uncertain why the AI fails to launch all strike assets, but one hypothesis is that the AI has decided that 24 aircraft are sufficient to destroy the targets and will not launch extraneous assets. This is improper behaviour. The designer may anticipate heavy losses during ingress and thereby want additional assets assigned to the mission.

Forum Regular

confirm this behaviour

All,

Herman and I have been working on this together. I first noticed that in 3.7.1 my 3rd scenario in Matchplay (special ops) would not function. I have used this method to delay conflict between sides through a link in many scenarios and so have other authors (SpecOps, Arctic, Persian, ....).

The test scen basically is a stripped down version of the Special Ops scenario to show the problem.

More scens for 3.7 ANW ARE underway, but progress is slow as testing for each GE/SE version takes a LOT of time.

Hope you can discover what changed from 3.7.0. to 3.7.1.

Freek

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Hum View Post
    All strikers fail to launch

1. Run test scen in ANW SE 3.7.1 from the French Target side with Show All activated
    2. At 02:15 of game time, 32 aircraft have been assigned to launch strike from Denmark. However, only 24 actually launch.
    You mean only part of the strike launches....

Is that 2 hours and 15 minutes of game time?

Later
    D
    [SIGPIC]http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5795&dateline=1179411 162[/SIGPIC]

Men have died, Boys, Eighteen year old conscripts. I blew them away and burned them alive. Oh well, it's what I do

The Sixth Battle
    By Barrett Tillman

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast