Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PBeM or Vassal for ATS

Noob Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherper View Post
    I will admit that the spotty if not downright poor support for VASSAL has kept me from getting more involved in ATS. I like the game, but with no FtF players and no VASSAL mods, there isn't a real reason to get more games.
    More VASSAL support for ATS would be a good thing, but keep in mind that ATS, unlike ASL, provides a great gaming experience in "traditional" solitare mode. Therefore, there hasn't been as much emphasis on VASSAL for ATS.

But I agree--I wish there was more!

Mark

Legend in my own mind MODERATOR Cherper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger 6 View Post
    More VASSAL support for ATS would be a good thing, but keep in mind that ATS, unlike ASL, provides a great gaming experience in "traditional" solitare mode. Therefore, there hasn't been as much emphasis on VASSAL for ATS.

But I agree--I wish there was more!

Mark

I have only played solitaire, and I don't like playing solitaire. The sad fact is that I have more or less shelved the game... VASSAL would open up my gaming experience.

Yep, #1 reason why I didn't buy this or look into it and went with ASL instead. I won't buy games that don't have VASSAL support anymore, since that seems to be the best way to get games in (no ftf opponents).

Let me join the chorus of discontent.

I want to play ATS but with no VASSAL support and with the rules in constant flux I cannot justify jumping on the learning curve to play the game. I know one guy who is selling his entire ATS collection because he got tired of trying to keep up with the rule changes; Is this justifiable, are they really being altered that frequently?
    Play fast, have fun!

Melbourne Board Gamers

Noob Recruit
    Hi all, I'm new to ATS but I did get get the VASSAL module to work, now I'm just looking for some one to play. Any takers?

wmd24@earthlink.net

Thanks,

Bryon

Getting the ATS Basic Game 1a Map to load

Quote Originally Posted by Raskal67 View Post
    Hello
    I play ASL via VASL but have been checking the ATS system out. I got the VASSAL module loade but how do I load the maps?
    Any help would be appreciate.
    Paul
    What I have done and learned is this. I have created a folder in my VASSAL directry called ATS. In that folder I created 2 folders called DDRangers & ATS_BasicGame. Within the DDRangers folder I placed the VATS.Mod and a folder I called Vats_ext., within this folder I placed my DDay rangers map called ATS_DDR_board.mdx. There are a few other maps out there that will also work and display as a choice to play on when you run the Mod.

The Basic game is a little different. Within the ATS_BasicGame folder you place the ATSBG1a.mod (has to be called that). and one other folder called ATSBG1a_ext. This folder has to have the same name as the mod (don't know why).

With both games when the mod is finally loaded click on the map icon at the top left and the map should appear.

Anyone want to play, email me at mgtaylor1@cox.net. I use Skyped.

ATS Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by sgtstinky View Post
    Hi all, I'm new to ATS but I did get get the VASSAL module to work, now I'm just looking for some one to play. Any takers?

wmd24@earthlink.net

Thanks,

Bryon

Email me mgtaylor1@cox.net. I'm up to a VATS game. Got both DDRangers and Basic game 1a on VASSAL. I use Skype.
    MG

Noob Recruit
    There's been some major recent progress on VASSAL for ATS. Check out the latest on the Critical Hit Message Board.

Mark

Noob Recruit
    Cool, count me in.

Bryon

RLTW

Noob Recruit

Re: PBeM or Vassal for ATS

Good day,

I would like to havw a look at the VASSAL progress but the CHBoard don´t let me in. From my point of view it doesn´t work. Tried with newest Firefox and IE, both from home and from work.

Any suggestions?

But I would like to know what happened at the ATS VASSAL front?

Best regards

Kai

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast