Ok, here's the beginning of my aar. I'm going to try to give you an idea of what I was thinking...so don't laugh too hard. I'm still learning this operational stuff.
I tend to be fairly aggressive and try to find the path my opponent will least expect. Sometimes this works...sometimes it doesn't.
If you take a look at my plan map below (apparently, the zipped MSPaint file is to big, so I'll post in the DA Maps section), you'll get an idea of what I plan on doing and what I expect Rob to do.
I'm guessing that Rob will be starting in northeast corner of the map and that he'll move quickly to the south to gain control of the main objectives in the south. With this in mind, I'm going to try a wheel type attack where I'll try to hold him just north of the objectives with one unit and bring my other two manuever units around from the north to cut him off from his LOC and setup some attacks from the flanks.
The early turns will see limited use of my aviation assets as I want to increase there logistics and see what's out there first.
A couple of issues:
1. The map is big! And I'm not very good at keeping my units organized and moving efficiently...particularly my ADA units which I never have positioned correctly.
2. I need to blow the bridges in the south so he can't turn my sourthern flank. Though I think I can still get back and cut him off, it would be an unpleasant task and really throw me off.
3. I'm hoping to isolate his northern screening unit and destroy it early. We'll have to see how this works out and what his response is when he realizes how far north I am.
4. Hopefully I don't run out of turns. The map is big with a lot of space to cover, I'm hoping my move north doesn't keep me from wheeling around south and taking the objectives.
5. At some point, I'm going to need to move my aviation units I believe so that I can maximize my attacks. We'll have to see how that plays out, then find a good location.
Well, let's see how this thing goes! I've attached the big picture map with a rough outline of my plan.