Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Basic Tactics Links

Quote Originally Posted by Squike View Post
    I noticed something reviewing the above walkthrough from [The Guards Counterattack]. The article may be somewhat dated since the author uses the 6-2-8s in the westernmost building as an example of a Human Wave attack (which I thoroughly appreciated).

Unfortunately, ASL 2nd Ed RB clearly indicates that Russian units designated as Guards by the OB are NOT allowed to use the Human Wave.

I have been intending to review 1st Ed rules and erratta up to 2000 to confirm whether this observation is correct and is simply a timing issue, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Hopefully somebody who knows the rule off the top of their head can set me straight.
    Lacking someone like that, I'll give it a shot :-)

You're confusing two uses of the term "Guards". The Guards who are guarding Prisoners cannot participate in a Human Wave. The Guards who are Elite Russian Units (like 628's) CAN.

Interesting catch, though, which I've never heard anyone else make. You may go far in this game :-)

The Basic Infantry XOP needs updating, like the others. I've just been diverted by other things.

Tom

Thanks Reep and Tuomo...

...for going easy on me.

DOH!

I realized later that "guard" could also mean prison guard or the same ilk. And it's true, in the index there are two references. Too lazy I guess.

I've always been told I have a big mouth -- thankfully I have the feet to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Squike View Post
    I've always been told I have a big mouth -- thankfully I have the feet to match.
    Don't sweat it man... As much as I like to think I do my research before asking a question or making some comment here, I have stepped on some awfully big landmines since joining too. Oops. Wish I had *that* foot back...

Actually your question was a fair one and you did well in the way you asked it so its all good. I, for one, am always happy to elicit any response from Mr Repetti - It makes me feel like, at the very least, I am asking the right question...

Sean

Re: Basic Tactics Links

Sorry for the necropost, but since SZO is down, does anyone have a link for McGrath's Tactics 101?

TIA

Doc

Blog Entries

This link is also broken....

The Big black Book of ASL Sleaze. At least a couple of these will be used against you in your ASL career. Ignore at your own risk!
    Proud member of the BFP Team. Look for additional information and product ordering here: www.boundingfire.com where the best in ASL can be found.
    Gaming Geek and Fantasy Freak and damn proud of it!

Hmm, can't edit my own post for some reason. Admins, any idea why?
    Play fast, have fun!

Melbourne Board Gamers

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Whizbang1963 View Post
    This link is also broken....

The Big black Book of ASL Sleaze. At least a couple of these will be used against you in your ASL career. Ignore at your own risk!
    I found a copy of the sleaze book here.

2 of the most comprehensive websites I have found still active with the majority of their links working for new ASL players and veterans alike are the ASL WebDex, and advancedsquadleader.net

Both sites are very well maintained and do have a few brokwn links, but for the most part offer truly massive amounts of ASL items in electronic format for any player.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Martin View Post
    Sorry for the necropost, but since SZO is down, does anyone have a link for McGrath's Tactics 101?

TIA

Doc
    I feel like an undertaker. Since SZO was a previous instance of GS, the broken link translates to http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?t=45044
    -"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room". - President Merkin Muffley
    -"Crowe, Chamberlin, and Ruud continued to lob mortar shells at the complex, hoping for another lucky hit". Utmost Savagery

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Simmons View Post
    I feel like an undertaker. Since SZO was a previous instance of GS, the broken link translates to http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?t=45044
    Nah, You're way more like the "Cryptkeeper", don't ya think, Jerry?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast