Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Panzer Blitz 2 Art

As mentioned on CSW (where this debate is being paralleled): what about units that have a stacking value of "3"?

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Deuce View Post
    In that case I can see having both the 1 and 2 figures on the counters. I do think the single figure is a little too tall and bleeds into the counter data around it (above and below).
    If you look though, both counter art options do that bleeding into counter data thing. The 2 image format is doing it as well.

You guys have made some good counter opinions, but I still think, as these images represent a great many men, not individuals, or even small groups, multiple images accomplishes only a larger over all image requirement. The single image option could easily be just made slightly smaller.
    Off to other places

I would go with the single figure to prevent 'clutter' and use a smaller figure on the reduced size. I'm an old gamer from the 70s so 'chrome' is not what appeals to me,...game play is the thing.
    The Purist

"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are an assault of thought on the unthinking" - John Maynard Keynes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries View Post
    If you look though, both counter art options do that bleeding into counter data thing. The 2 image format is doing it as well.
    True. Where I meant to focus attention was on the single image counter where it bleeds up into the unit echelon indicator more so than the 2 image one. On the lower end it is better blended/hidden as the "men" are behind the icons and numbers.

Wow! Looks like I arrived late to this little party...

I think that precisely because the infantry counters represent so many men, the old international standard symbols are the way to go, but Keith and Brian will know the market trends, and which way to go to make the game as commercial as possible.

If the general consensus is for human figures, then definitely two-figures does it for me. Not so sure about the side-view of the planes either. The old Panzer Leader FBs were fine the way they were...

I hope the game doesn't get over-complicated though, one reason why when I was young I played a lot more Panzer Leader than Squad Leader is precisely because it was fast and playable, so it made for an exciting game.
    That in which a man rests as his last end, is master of his affections, since he takes therefrom his entire rule of life.

Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica; Ethics, 5th Article.

Blog Entries
    Dredging this up after months if not years, but the hill art is terrible - at 250 metres per hex, a "hill" in PB would not represent Mt. Elbrus or a jagged peak, which is what that artwork looks like. Something less dramatic would be far more appropriate.

Blog Entries
    Maybe soften the "folds" in the terrain and make the colour change in the crest lines more pronounced - particularly for those whose colour-vision is not 100%..

Re: Panzer Blitz 2 Art

Quote Originally Posted by kdalton View Post
    One suggestion was two figures for a full strength, one for reduced strength. Thoughts?
    I like the 2 figure for full and 1 for reduced as well.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6