Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Documentary/Movie: 2016: Obama's America --Love Him Hate Him, You don't Know Him

Users Flag!

Documentary/Movie: 2016: Obama's America --Love Him Hate Him, You don't Know Him

The Link http://2016themovie.com/

Saw this movie/documentary on Friday evening. Wow--Powerful! During the 2008 election period the current President, candidate Mr. Obama, was not vetted--no media source laid bare the essential Obama, his thinking, his beliefs, what he wrote and did in his early formative years and in college, it was just a blank slate. Don't even know if he liked the founding fathers and what they thought.

Dinesh D'Souza, himself an immigrant like Obama's father (and the young Obama), paints the picture of what an immigrant like Obama Senior and himself thought coming from their foreign/home countries--India and Kenya. They were colonial countries and for some immigrants, like Obama's father, they were filled with hate for what had happened to them and their countries during the colonial period-- they, like Obama Sr., hated the west. Did this hate rub off on these two immigrants? D'sousa saw the opportunity that freedom in America gave him... yet Obama's father brought hate. The question that the movie asks and answers in a wonderful trip around the world is what makes up the thinking of Mr. Obama, the son... the who, what, why and where of how he was influenced. No one knew before the movie-- now you will.

Love him or hate him... you will know him when you leave the theater. Just go see it!

The number 2016 is, at the end of the movie, a look at what America might look like in 2016 when the President has no inhibitions, like reelection fears, facing him.... he can give full thought to his inner beliefs that we didn't know in 2008.... and mold an America as ....... (you fill in the ending).

Let me add... may God continue to bless the USA with freedom and liberty...

Best regards!

John

Users Flag!

Re: Documentary/Movie: 2016: Obama's America --Love Him Hate Him, You don't Know H

For a better review than my little piece one might go to an article at the American Thinker:

The piece is entitled "Review: 2016: Obama's America" and the link is http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/...s_america.html

plus there are other links at the movie web site under news button: http://2016themovie.com/

The ticket is worth anyone's time whether for or against the incumbent.

Best regards,
    John

Re: Documentary/Movie: 2016: Obama's America --Love Him Hate Him, You don't Know H

Great advert for a Fair and Balanced movie. Wait until you hear about Romney's polygamous, Mexican heritage, and what might happen in 2017 when, facing no reelection, Romney can let loose on his inner thoughts and force all men to marry multipule women. I can't wait.

(Note, the flaw in the above argument is that Romney has inner thoughts; that mellon is as empty as a goldfish bowl in the Gobi desert).
    Considering the size differential, I think motorcycles should look out for me.

Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
    Great advert for a Fair and Balanced movie. Wait until you hear about Romney's polygamous, Mexican heritage, and what might happen in 2017 when, facing no reelection, Romney can let loose on his inner thoughts and force all men to marry multipule women. I can't wait.
    (Note, the flaw in the above argument is that Romney has inner thoughts; that mellon is as empty as a goldfish bowl in the Gobi desert).
    I think your comments belong in some other thread.... Govenor Romney is not in the Dinesh D'Souza production.

If you would have seen the documentary (may not have arrived in your town yet) then you would understand. If you were listening to the media in 2008 you would not have heard anything about the personal background of Candidate Obama. There was a flicker with his 20 year preacher the Rev Wright... but that was viewed as out of bounds. Similarly there was a flicker with his Chicago friend, anarchist and anti-American Billy Ayers... but that was poo pooed. That was just about it... nothing about those who influenced him, his thinking. Nothing about what the candidate did in grade school, high school, college or grad school.... not a thesis or a story about what he wrote, said or did as a student.

Any self-respecting journalist would have asked these questions.... but oh no.... none were asked or answered because of the view that this was somehow a historic election and the mass of journalists wanted to be in support of it. That is journalistic malpractice.

Dinesh D'Souza.... asks the questions and gains some important answers. The picture is painted for you to see of the candidate who was naked in the 2008 election and still is today. It takes real honest journalism to clear the smoke and get to the 2008 candidate... 4 years late!

Enjoy the documentary.....

Best regards,
    John

Users Flag!

"Which way to Berlin??!!!!"

Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by chris_olden View Post
    Image removed
    What's wrong with this thread? Or should it just be moved to Politics & Religion?
    "I have checked my privilege. And I apologize for nothing."
    Tal Fortgang May 2, 2014
    w/thanks to DPetros for providing the link

Users Flag!

What I really love is the comments by people (in other message boards) who decry the movie WITHOUT actually having seen it

You would think all the people who worship the messiah would want to know as much about him as possible

Users Flag!

"Conservatives have Dinesh D’Souza. Liberals have Michael Moore. We all lose."*

http://www.boxoffice.com/reviews/201...obamas-america

JR

*Unless we are playing ASL
    Quintili Vare, legiones redde!

Users Flag!

The Village Voice has a pretty good review:

For what it's worth, his thesis concerns the reasons Obama returned a bust of Winston Churchill to the British Embassy early in his presidency. The only answer D'Souza entertains: that Obama is a Mau Mau anticolonial revolutionary driven to impress his dead, absentee father, a Kenyan who dared to write in 1965—two years after his homeland achieved its independence—that government regulation might sometimes be needed to rein in private industry. You might object, “But Obama has spent almost zero percent of his life with that father, and something like 75 percent of his life in the same private schools and Ivy League universities and institutions of power occupied by every other president of either party in recent American history.” D'Souza's counter is to brandish Obama's memoir and proclaim, “Notice it says Dreams From My Father, not Dreams of My Father.” Also: Bill Ayers! Jeremiah Wright! Edward Said, who once taught a class Obama took! NYU psychology professor Paul Vitz shows up to explain that the father who abandons a boy has a profound influence on the shaping of that boy, an argument that lays bare D'Souza's debased rules of evidence: the fact that Obama senior was never around to radicalize Obama junior only proves that he did radicalize Obama junior. That explains why junior later went on to fulfill the dream of all Kenyan revolutionaries of the 1960s: passing the health care plan Republicans came up with in the '90s.
    As for myself, I can't help wondering why Obama is waiting for his second term to destroy freedom. Why not do it in the first term when there were Democratic majorities and declare himself dictator? That solves the reelection problem, doesn't it? Well, if it all comes to pass, I'll drop by the FEMA concentration camps and pass you chocolate bars through the wire. Wolverines!
    Je suis Marxiste, tendance Groucho

Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Ingram View Post
    What I really love is the comments by people (in other message boards) who decry the movie WITHOUT actually having seen it

You would think all the people who worship the messiah would want to know as much about him as possible
    Kind of reminds me of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, see http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056217/. In the John Wayne/Jimmy Stewart movie we have the bad guy bully, Valance--Played by Lee Marvin-- who is running for a new territory office, destroy the newspaper press office so the truth cannot be published about him. The good guy, played by Jimmy Stewart a young dirt poor attorney, stands up to Valance. As older formites know John Wayne plays a good guy and protects the weak kneed Stoddard, the attorney, by killing Valance in a fight that the bully Valance picked.

The only problem with this story and the one that the MSM-- main stream media-- failed/refused to cover from 2004 to 2012 (the Obama one) is that the journalists failed to ply their trade--journalism-- (the journalist effectively destroyed the presses that print truth)... they became complicit with the democrat party. Their complicity allowed the American/World public to be left with nothing concrete except the words "hope and change." It is unfortunate that an academic like Dinesh D'Souza, himself an immigrant, has to take it upon himself to tell the story that the press should have accomplished 8 years ago. This is hard to believe....

Some one said Dinesh D'Souza is the equivalent to Michael Moore..... such a comment is very much laughable.... Moore hates capitalism-- Cuba is his model. I am sure The president would not like that comparison to Michael Moore since his--the Presidents-- words seem to indicate he is a capitalist... uh oh!

In any case, Dinesh D'Souza has produced an excellent documentary that any intelligent persons can and should see... it is better even to have the President's supporters, the challenging Govenor's supporters, Tea Party folks (conservatives Republicans/Democrats Independents) all go at the same time and then have a few beers after it is over. It is good enough to not fire anyone up..... except those who have not seen it and have no idea what it is about.

In any case....
    Best regards,
    John

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast