Round 6 of the BoardGameGeek.com Top 100 Promotion/Relegation Battle 2012 is underway and ASL needs your support.
Please SUBSCRIBE to this thread to be alerted when each new round of voting begins.
This competition collects the top 100 BGG ranked games into 5 tiers of 20 games each. A poll is conducted for each round of the competition and the top three games in each tier move up to the next tier and the bottom three move down.
In round one ASL was in the 3rd tier based on it's overall BGG ranking. It was relegated to the 4th tier, BUT 30 more votes would have kept it in the 3rd tier (just ahead of Imperial 2030), and 130 more votes would have promoted it to the 2nd tier (just ahead of A Game of Thrones: The Board Game)
Is ASL better than either of those games? To ASK the question is to KNOW the answer!
In round two ASL was in the 4th tier. It was relegated to the 5th tier, BUT 6 more votes would have kept it in the 4th tier (just ahead of Claustrophobia), and 116 more votes would have promoted it back to the 3rd tier (just ahead of Dixit)
Are either of those games better than ASL? NO [EXC: Kindling]
If ASL is relegated again in this round it will be out of the competition for this year. That happened in round six last year. But that isn't going to happen this time, is it? IS IT?
Round 3 Update #1 - What a Rally!
Congratulations! In 7 hours, you've taken ASL from the bottom three in its tier, and about to be eliminated, to the very top of its tier, in position to be promoted! It's votes have tripled from 26 to 86!
Not only that, many ASL supporters have been doing surgical strikes, voting just for ASL, and it is showing. Most voters start at the top and work down, voting in each tier, and some lose interest along the way, so the earlier tiers have more total votes than the later tiers. ASL is in the last tier, but the 5th tier, ASL's bracket, has more total votes than ANY of the other tiers.
We can't lay down and rest until the battle is over, though. We happen to know that this battle will last until 0100 Saturday morning. I'd like to see us get at least 141 votes for ASL. That is how many it took in the 2nd round for a game to get promoted out of the 5th tier.
Round 3 Update #2
You blew past our goal of 141 votes for ASL around 0830 this morning, less than a day from when the call went out. Now what?
- Keep voting - With your continued support ASL WILL BE champion of Tier 5 this round and move up to Tier 4. ASL already has more votes than the Tier 4 leader, but how many other Tier leaders will ASL beat on total votes? Only time and your efforts will tell.
- Keep coming back - ASL can only be promoted one tier this round. If you want ASL to move up more tiers, we'll need this overwhelming support in the rounds to come. I will keep you posted on the details, so please SUBSCRIBE to this thread to keep updated.
- Remember what makes victory possible: A united community with the will to act. The game we love has that. I'm a total newb who deserves no respect, and all I had to do was rustle a little bit and people I don't know from all over the world are taking action to stir up a little attention for something truly special. I love you guys already!
RESULTS: ASL was promoted back into Tier 4 with an overwhelming 228 votes. How overwhelming?
- The next closest game in Tier 5 only got 123 votes
- The top vote-getting game in Tier 4 only got 152 votes.
- Only seven games in ANY tier got more votes than ASL.
- ASL got more votes than six of the ten top-rated games on BGG.
ASL is back in Tier 4, where it was in round two. This time it is up against some shiny new games like Rune Wars, Summoner Wars and Merchants and Marauders, and classics like AH's Civilization. The WWII-themed game Combat Commander is also in our tier after not receiving enough support to stay in Tier 3 in the last round. Is ASL doomed to be demoted this round?
Not with your support.
It took 148 votes to get promoted out of Tier 4 last round. Let's get voting!
Round 4 Results
The fourth round has now been completed. Here are the results...
ASL was the champion of the fourth tier, with 147 votes.
- It has now been promoted to the 3rd tier in the next round
- It came in ten votes ahead of its nearest 4th tier competition, Tikal
- It also got more votes than the champion of the 3rd tier, none other than Memoir '44
- If ASL had been in the 2nd tier, it would have had enough votes to be promoted to the 1st tier
Good work in showing your support for this awesome game! I look forward to seeing what happens next...
ASL is now in Tier Three, where it started the Promotion/Relegation battle. All our fighting up to this point has been to retake lost ground. But it is clear from the support ASL has received that it belongs in the Top Tier. With your help we will get it there. Keep voting in the next round!
In this round, ASL is up against its old rivals from Tier Four, Tikal and Arkham Horror, as well as Space Alert, and at least two respectable wargames, Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage, and Here I Stand. A full analysis of the competition is in this thread.
In round four it took 137 votes to get promoted from Tier Three. Let's get it done, soldiers!
Round 5 Results: VICTORY!
ASL is champion of Tier 3! It decimated its Tier 3 competition with 164 votes and has been promoted into Tier 2 for the next round. Congratulations, ASLers!
ASL is in Tier Two, and making the case that it deserves to be competing with the Top Tier of games. We are in totally new territory, but we ARE GOING to take this hill!
Our competition in this round includes our long-time rivals Tikal and Arkham Horror. We're also facing off against other wargames: Memoir '44, The War of the Ring, and Commands and Colors: Ancients. A full analysis of the competition is in this thread.
It took 144 votes to be promoted out of Tier Two in the last round, so let's get busy voting!
Here is the link Round Six.
If they want a Promotion/Relegation Battle, let's give it to them!
I know some of you may not want to admit that you visit the BGG site or care if others prefer Cheetos smeared with Twinkie cream zapped in the microwave for 45 seconds to prime rib paired with a fine old wine. But I am giving you a direct order to gain concealment and assault move through cover, or CX through three fire lanes in open terrain and strike a blow for ASL and superior gaming!
Here is the link Round Six.
Ordnance fire on BGG is NA.