Thread: Rfp & rfl

Forum Regular

Rfp & rfl

hi there!

I have a question about RFL & RFP. Probably I am in a mistake but I am unable to get the rule.
    If I fire with a 457 squad / MMG (4 fp) and declares a FL. several hex away (normal range for squad). How much residual fire power will be left there, 4 RFP (Squad+MG) or 2 (only Squad) ?.

Thank you very much for any reply.
    Best wishes.
    Ramón

Re: Rfp & rfl

Quote Originally Posted by milhaud View Post
    I have a question about RFL & RFP. Probably I am in a mistake but I am unable to get the rule.
    If I fire with a 457 squad / MMG (4 fp) and declares a FL. several hex away (normal range for squad). How much residual fire power will be left there, 4 RFP (Squad+MG) or 2 (only Squad) ?.
    Only the 2 from the squad's inherent FP - see the A9.222 Example.
    Last edited by klasmalmstrom; 05 May 12 at 04:12.

Forum Regular

Thank you very much, klasmalmstrom
    Best wishes
    ramón

Plus the firelane. I would much prefer 2x2 FP attacks over 1x4 FP attack ... assuming you don't need SFF later.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Plus the firelane. I would much prefer 2x2 FP attacks over 1x4 FP attack ... assuming you don't need SFF later.
    Which result is better depends on the DRM for the attack. The IFT is constructed so that if the DRM are positive, you should prefer the single, larger attack. If the DRM are negative, you should prefer the smaller, separate attacks, and if the DRM is zero, either way produces statistically similar results. [All this assumes that any result (KIA, K, broken) is considered the same, and that we are ignoring snipers (because there are two sniper opportunities with two resids vs. one with one).]

JR
    Quintili Vare, legiones redde!