Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lilly Looking Through game demo

Forum Guru

Thumbs up Lilly Looking Through game demo

http://geetagames.com/

Good graphics, but not a shoot them up game--currently in just demo mode. All slow movement, and if you need help click the "?" mark. More of a challenging child's puzzle with really cute/good graphics. BTW--if you complete the demo, you will get to see in the credits two kid voices in the credits.....pretty cool that they are my two youngest. Very nice people (and talented) put this game together, and were kind enough to include my kids very, very limited part in it.
    Mike

Spec Op Clergy ADMIN Scott Tortorice's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Lilly Looking Through game demo

Here's the trailer:

You can tell the dev who worked on this game (Steve Hoogendyk) has experience working on some prominent Disney animated films. Lilly Looking Through looks (ahem) to be another highly polished indie effort in the making.
    Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer!
    Latest Entry: The Not-So-Secret Secret World

Blog Entries

Great music, sounds like the beginning to a good fairy tale or something with a slight mystery/creep factor hidden away in there.
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."
    Good Tunes

Forum Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kawaiku View Post
    Great music, sounds like the beginning to a good fairy tale or something with a slight mystery/creep factor hidden away in there.
    Kawaiku,
    I will be interested to see where it goes. I know they just opened the demo up to linux. I see lots of people have viewed this post, I'm curious how many people downloaded the demo and what they thought. I agree you on the music opinion. I do hope however it is not endlessly the same, if/when this has a full version.
    Mike

I had a quick go and it was quick, I think it was three small levls so took about 8 mins. Lovely looking point and click puzzler.

Forum Guru

A video review. http://blip.tv/gbtvnewsbreak8/special-goggles-6174681 Seems like they are trying a kickstart campaign. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e?ref=category Interesting new way of starting games.
    Mike

Blog Entries

Looks like Kickstarter really helped them out:

Lilly Looking Through Hits Target, Sets Sights Higher

Gorgeous point and clicker Lilly Looking Through has passed its $18.000 Kickstarter goal with 16 days to go. Slightly confusing that, mainly because I’m becoming accustomed to Kickstarter projects reaching their target with hours to spare. They’re like the wired up explosive with a digital countdown readout of game development, counting down, ever down, but more for dramatic effect than any actual possibility of failure. Maybe that’s a little insensitive actually, considering the amount that do fail and the number of renegade cops whose last day on the job ends messily, hunched over a box, a pair of hastily procured nail clippers in hand. If you haven’t already, try the demo and read about streeeeeetch goals here.

Forum Guru

More news. It seems the developers have been flown to Germany for a Gamecon convention. Headup games, does anyone know anything about them? Pretty cool opportunity for my kids--to even have had the smallest participation in the process. We were out of the house, but the developers dropped off "Lilly" t-shirts for the kids, at the house the day before they left. To bad we were all out, except for my oldest son, who was in the process of catching a ride to band camp (he was not involved in the game voicing). As such we did not get any extra information, but I suspect the trip to Germany is a good sign. Anyone out there in forum land know anything about gamecon convention in Cologne? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ure-game/posts
    Mike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mfl View Post
    Anyone out there in forum land know anything about gamecon convention in Cologne?
    GamesCom is the world's biggest video game trade fair and convention, as attested to by all the gaming press releases currently filling my inbox from the various game devs that went this year. So, sort of like America's E3 but bigger.

You can learn more here: http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/en/g...home/index.php

It is great that they are still keeping your daughters in the loop!

Forum Guru

A gamesite (4players) named them in the top ten for Gamecon. From what I can tell the developers had a good time in Germany, and a level of success.
    http://www.4players.de/4players.php/...scom_2012.html
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast