Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Early projecting for the national election

Users Flag!

Re: Early projecting for the national election

Good God. the demorats send out vans to take illegals to the polls and actually fill out their ballots for them, and you're telling me they're afraid to vote.

So tell me, how did this red state way down here in flyover country go for Obama if illegals don't vote? How do you think illegal aliens keep turning up for jury duty if they don't vote? And why are politicians pandering to the "hispanic vote" if they don't vote? You do know there was no such thing as the hispanic vote prior to 1990, right?

Keep in mind the population was only about 6 milliion back in 1990 when there wasn't a Mexican to be found for 1600 miles. Now the population is approaching 8 million and nearly ALL of that increase is due to illegal immigrants. That's how you turn a red state blue.

Users Flag!

Obama forgets to bus in union thugs as he begins his campaign on Karl Marx's birfday.

Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by mfl View Post
    Doggie,
    If illegals are voting that is the fault of your state....it is highly unlikely it is a signifigant number--it is hard enough to get real voters out there.
    So you are good with people proving their citizenship in order to vote?
    You don't like religious fundamentalists with guns? Who do you think landed at Plymouth Rock?

Forum Guru
    Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Ward View Post
    So you are good with people proving their citizenship in order to vote?
    Marty Ward,
    Provided it is of no real cost to those who are challenged to afford it, and is not pushed specifically towards one group of peoples...sure. That proof should (and I would think is) done with the registraion to vote, or the needed proof after a vote is taken for those states with quick voting laws. Personally, I think it more of a get base anger type of thing over being a real issue. How many illegals vote while knowing they are illegal....I'm guessing very few. Not many would want to risk it I would think. Not going to get me in much of a lather either way on this issue.
    Mike

Users Flag!

Provided it is of no real cost to those who are challenged to afford it, and is not pushed specifically towards one group of peoples...sure. That proof should (and I would think is) done with the registraion to vote, or the needed proof after a vote is taken for those states with quick voting laws. Personally, I think it more of a get base anger type of thing over being a real issue. How many illegals vote while knowing they are illegal....I'm guessing very few. Not many would want to risk it I would think. Not going to get me in much of a lather either way on this issue.
    I am willing to bet if all those illegals were voting conservative you would quickly be in a lather. In fact if illegals voted GOP/conservative there would be no illegal immigration problem because the liberals would have a 20ft high, 10ft thick stone wall across the boarder by now...we would already have a couple of armored divisions on the boarder.
    Later - Tater
    Beware "The Star Spangled Spud!"
    CH! = 3rd Edition Is The Charm

Users Flag!

How many illegals vote while knowing they are illegal....I'm guessing very few.
    Wouldn't all of them know they were illegal?
    You don't like religious fundamentalists with guns? Who do you think landed at Plymouth Rock?

Users Flag!

How many illegals vote while knowing they are illegal....I'm guessing very few. Not many would want to risk it I would think. Mike
    Mike, this makes no sense. First of all, you can generally vote via mail. Secondly, arguing they didn't know they are illegal? I guess next time the INS shows up at a Grand Island Meat Packing plant, they all won't be hitting the back door like someone yelled fire.

Once again, an argument based squarely on a premise that people do not have any responsibility for their actions. "Sorry Officer, but I didn't know I was illegal, eventough I had to pay this guy to drive me over the border and paid another guy for this social security number and paid another guy to get a drivers license that doesn't have my real name on it. But other than that officer, I think I am legal!"

Forum Guru
    Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave68124 View Post
    Mike, this makes no sense. First of all, you can generally vote via mail. Secondly, arguing they didn't know they are illegal? I guess next time the INS shows up at a Grand Island Meat Packing plant, they all won't be hitting the back door like someone yelled fire.

Once again, an argument based squarely on a premise that people do not have any responsibility for their actions. "Sorry Officer, but I didn't know I was illegal, eventough I had to pay this guy to drive me over the border and paid another guy for this social security number and paid another guy to get a drivers license that doesn't have my real name on it. But other than that officer, I think I am legal!"
    Dave,
    To vote via mail, or interntet one needs a process. I personally would prefer all voting to be done in person, but some people feel that the absent votes or internet type voting adds more to the process. Secondly, part about illegals maybe not knowing they are illegal does happen. I suspect it isn't that common, but neither would I guess is illegals voting. It can happen easily if the person is young when they get moved across the border and never told. That or government paperwork error.
    Mike

Users Flag!

Dave,
    To vote via mail, or interntet one needs a process. I personally would prefer all voting to be done in person, but some people feel that the absent votes or internet type voting adds more to the process. Secondly, part about illegals maybe not knowing they are illegal does happen. I suspect it isn't that common, but neither would I guess is illegals voting. It can happen easily if the person is young when they get moved across the border and never told. That or government paperwork error.
    Mike
    Mike- when negotiating deals, we call those the "three legged dog" examples. Sure, always possible, but not very probable.

Forum Guru
    Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave68124 View Post
    Mike- when negotiating deals, we call those the "three legged dog" examples. Sure, always possible, but not very probable.
    Dave,
    Good description, fair as well. My assumption is that illegal who choose to vote are of the same breed of dog---rare, with some examples, but not common.
    Mike

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast