Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: World of Tanks

See Dummies in the index Vinnie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

World of Tanks

Been playing this with my son recently. A lot of dum fun!

Anyone else play it?
    What do we want? Time travel! When do we want it? It's irrelevant!

Practice safe eating...always use a condiment!

Users Flag!

Re: World of Tanks

I'll add a link to the similar discussion in the ASL subforum

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthre...World-Of-Tanks

and a picture of Ian McKellen

Spec Op Clergy ADMIN Scott Tortorice's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

One of those things: been spending a bunch of time play Red Orchestra 2. Unfortunately, tank warfare in that game has become rarer than hens' teeth so I went looking for some tank on tank action. Regrettably, that pretty much leaves World of Tanks. Never been a big fan of this game because despite its "realistic" pretensions, the game really is little more than an arcade shooter similar to Atari's classic Tank. Still, like Tank, World of Tanks can be very addictive because it is so easy to play.

Anyway, I finally put in enough time to make it to a Tier III tank. I tech-ed up my Brit Crusader IV last night...

... and went looking for trouble. I found it...and my little tank dominated the field!

Four kills and four assists! I am a mediocre player at best, so I think the other team was doing it wrong.
    Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer!
    Latest Entry: Board Game Glory: Ogre

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

Don't know why but I am suddenly hooked on this game! Check this out:

My poor M3! It looks like swiss cheese! I had 1 - that's ONE - HP left! I got the SOB who did this to me, though. Albeit, I had to use one of those premium shells to finish him off before he got me.

As an aside, I wonder when we are finally going to get penetration decals in Combat Missionx2. I would pay for a patch if it included those....

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

You were so right, Kawaiku!

But seriously...what is with Japanese men and their fetish for putting school girls in the weirdest settings possible?!?

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

Can't believe I finally got addicted to this game. :facepalm:

8.7 Update released:

Details: http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/17/87-update-now-live/

Edit: Just see that this went live on 7/29. Don't know why I just got the announcement in my inbox.

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

Ahh...maybe this explains the 8.7 snafu: today, the first details of the 8.8 update have been released:

Alternative Soviet Medium Line to be Added to World of Tanks

Wargaming, the leading free-to-play MMO developer and publisher, today issued a press release that revealed the first details of the 8.8 Update for World of Tanks.

"Update 8.8 will introduce some very cool new machines into the Soviet and German lines," said World of Tanks Producer Mike Zhivets. "Strengthened with the addition of even more medium and heavy vehicles, the game's roster will offer players extra variety, while the rebalance within the German line will provide for a more well-rounded experience."

The update will bring an alternative branch of Soviet medium tanks, starting at tier VI. This new line will include the A-43 (tier VI), the A-44 (tier VII), the Object 416 (tier VIII), and the Object 140 that will take its place as the nation’s top medium tier option.

Fans of the German tech tree will see the debut of two new vehicles: the tier IV DW Heavy Chariot and the tier VI VK3002 (M) medium tank. The VK3001H medium tank will be moved to tier V, undergo rebalancing, and become a heavy tank, the VK3601H will also be become a heavy vehicle.

The 8.8 Update will also introduce two new Chinese premium machines, the tier VIII T-34-3 medium tank and the 112 tier VIII heavy tank, as well as a new battle arena with autumn setting: Tundra.
    A new Tundra map is also going to be included.

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

Seems like a match made in heaven to me!

‘World of Tanks’ x ‘Girls und Panzer’ dream collaboration announced

In Tokyo earlier yesterday at their establishment party, Wargaming Japan announced that one of its free-to-play titles, World of Tanks, will officially launch on September 5th within the country.

World of Tanks is an award-winning game that even holds a world record for having the most players online on one MMO server. With nearly two-hundred and fifty armored truck and tank models to choose from – each historically based off of the models of different countries – you can build your army and face off against other players. Whoever thinks that you have to pay for anything decent clearly hasn’t played World of Tanks.

Among the packed party, the crowd included representatives from Belarus and Wargaming representative director Kawashima Yasuhiro. But perhaps the greatest news came from Bandai Visual’s Kiyoshi Sugiyama, who revealed a dream collaboration between World of Tanks with the extremely popular anime Girls und Panzer.

While no concrete details concerning the collaboration was revealed, we can rest assured that no matter what Wargaming comes up with, it will be amazing.
    I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but I have watched the first three episodes of Girls und Panzer and I am actually enjoying it (thanks a lot, Kawaiku! )! It's hard getting past the whole school girl thing that Japanese anime seems obsessed with, but once you do it is actually quite entertaining. The tank action is pretty darn good for a cartoon! And I will even admit to the show making me chuckle a few times (I like that girl who can't get up in the morning for the matches...reminds me of myself! ).

collab2.jpg

I have to admit I would love to see a live action move of this, but starring adult men and women this time. The premise is an interesting one (tank team deathmatch as a sport) and I think it would translate well to the big screen.

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Tortorice View Post
    I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but I have watched the first three episodes of Girls und Panzer and I am actually enjoying it (thanks a lot, Kawaiku! )! It's hard getting past the whole school girl thing that Japanese anime seems obsessed with, but once you do it is actually quite entertaining. The tank action is pretty darn good for a cartoon! And I will even admit to the show making me chuckle a few times (I like that girl who can't get up in the morning for the matches...reminds me of myself! ).
    The show's creators were inspired by the game so it's only natural that is has amazing tank animation and action And I watch enough anime to know that sometimes a show may not always be what it appears to be. Like when I find out about where their school is located (it's a spoiler imho) but I will say they did a goofy who guilty thing that made no sense to me but other than that story bit I thought the show was a fun watch!

And who could forget this awesome gem
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."
    Good Tunes

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by kawaiku View Post
    The show's creators were inspired by the game so it's only natural that is has amazing tank animation and action
    They actually said so? Makes sense because the similarities are too striking.

And I watch enough anime to know that sometimes a show may not always be what it appears to be.
    What do you mean?

Like when I find out about where their school is located (it's a spoiler imho) but I will say they did a goofy who guilty thing that made no sense to me but other than that story bit I thought the show was a fun watch!
    I'm up to episode 7 and I am still enjoying it. I think the thing that is surprising me the most is how well developed the characters are. I like how each of them has a backstory that slowly unveils itself (i.e., the girls aren't stock "the dumb one", the "the smart one", etc.). And the humor is pretty good too. The witticisms are pretty funny at times.

BTW: you probably heard this already but just in case, Girls und Panzer is getting a US DVD/BluRay release this winter. The US distributor actually brought a tank to the Anime Expo:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast