Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Are unarmed units lax?

  1. #11
    Forum Guru klasmalmstrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,461

    Re: Are unarmed units lax?

    Quote Originally Posted by aiabx View Post
    That's right.
    OK. Somehow the Q&A doesn't seem right in some situations.

    E.g., a Prisoner squad manages to kill its broken HS Guard. I think that means that the Prisoner MMC is replaced by a Green HS and an Unarmed (now escaped) HS MMC. Why should they guys without weapons not be Inexperienced, while the guys with weapons are?

  2. #12
    Smoke Break brb R Hooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    beaumont texas
    Posts
    406

    Re: Are unarmed units lax?

    Quote Originally Posted by klasmalmstrom View Post
    OK. Somehow the Q&A doesn't seem right in some situations.

    E.g., a Prisoner squad manages to kill its broken HS Guard. I think that means that the Prisoner MMC is replaced by a Green HS and an Unarmed (now escaped) HS MMC. Why should they guys without weapons not be Inexperienced, while the guys with weapons are?
    Yea i agree.. aiabx is beating himself up because it ended so close.. I told him he won.. I missed 3 chances to win on last turn.. a 1-2 melee.. all died.. a 1- 6 melee.. i died.. and the unarmed guy who looked like he might get to withdraw after a possible ambush. but died if it went to melee.
    Last edited by R Hooks; 14 Apr 12 at 18:22.
    Theres no way in Hell, George S Patton said the word disco during his life.

  3. #13
    Super Moderator MODERATOR
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    10,883

    Re: Are unarmed units lax?

    Quote Originally Posted by klasmalmstrom View Post
    OK. Somehow the Q&A doesn't seem right in some situations.

    E.g., a Prisoner squad manages to kill its broken HS Guard. I think that means that the Prisoner MMC is replaced by a Green HS and an Unarmed (now escaped) HS MMC. Why should they guys without weapons not be Inexperienced, while the guys with weapons are?
    Yeah, without knowing just how the unarmed unit came to be seperated from a guard, I don't see how the question that was asked could be answered.....if indeed an unarmed unit by itself is not be definition considered "abandoned".
    Putting the "fun" back in dysfunctional....

  4. #14
    Smoke Break brb R Hooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    beaumont texas
    Posts
    406

    Re: Are unarmed units lax?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Yeah, without knowing just how the unarmed unit came to be seperated from a guard, I don't see how the question that was asked could be answered.....if indeed an unarmed unit by itself is not be definition considered "abandoned".
    I don't think it makes a difference, if is no rules about escape differing from abandoned..

    but the way was a sniper attack, prisoner making its roll to melee, broke guard withdrawing not dead, friends of guard coming back and almost ambushed. I would definately call it escape.. but they were lax IMO.
    Last edited by R Hooks; 14 Apr 12 at 19:01.
    Theres no way in Hell, George S Patton said the word disco during his life.

  5. #15
    Same as it ever was aiabx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rob Ford's Cracktown
    Posts
    4,723

    Re: Are unarmed units lax?

    Quote Originally Posted by R Hooks View Post
    I don't think it makes a difference, if is no rules about escape differing from abandoned..

    but the way was a sniper attack, prisoner making its roll to melee, broke guard withdrawing not dead, friends of guard coming back and almost ambushed. I would definately call it escape.. but they were lax IMO.
    That's right.. the broken guards withdrew from melee first, so maybe they were abandoned. It's hard to tell when they become escaped or abandoned in a situation like that.
    Je suis Marxiste, tendance Groucho

  6. #16
    See Dummies in the index Vinnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen , Scotland
    Posts
    15,776
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Are unarmed units lax?

    Given the general lack of memory in ASL, I doubt it should make any difference how they became escaped.
    What do we want? Time travel! When do we want it? It's irrelevant!

    Practice safe eating...always use a condiment!

  7. #17
    Forum Guru klasmalmstrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,461

    Re: Are unarmed units lax?

    Quote Originally Posted by aiabx View Post
    That's right.. the broken guards withdrew from melee first, so maybe they were abandoned. It's hard to tell when they become escaped or abandoned in a situation like that.
    So the in first round of CC the Prisonors did not manage to kill the broken Guards then ?

  8. #18
    Super Moderator MODERATOR
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    10,883

    Re: Are unarmed units lax?

    Quote Originally Posted by klasmalmstrom View Post
    So the in first round of CC the Prisonors did not manage to kill the broken Guards then ?
    That would be the only way they could not have been rearmed, and consequently become LAX Conscripts/Green troops.

    Indeed, if the same unarmed unit ambush an armed unit and consequently kill it it would become Indexperienced and hence become LAX....after not being LAX to make the original ambush.

    I think this warrants a revisit to the original Q&A with the added question about how such a situation would come about.
    Last edited by Jazz; 15 Apr 12 at 09:05.
    Putting the "fun" back in dysfunctional....

  9. #19
    Same as it ever was aiabx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rob Ford's Cracktown
    Posts
    4,723

    Re: Are unarmed units lax?

    Quote Originally Posted by klasmalmstrom View Post
    So the in first round of CC the Prisonors did not manage to kill the broken Guards then ?
    That's right.
    I also once saw a situation from the other side where a prisoner HS was guarded by a hero, who was killed dead by a sniper. They were not "abandoned" either, and went on to attack a tank in the same hex in CC. Laxness, however, wasn't an issue then.
    Je suis Marxiste, tendance Groucho

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Capturing unarmed units in MPh
    By mgmasl in forum ASL Rules & Errata
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 30 Jan 12, 11:33
  2. Can rearmed and liberated unarmed units withdraw?
    By Morbii in forum ASL Rules & Errata
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30 Mar 11, 04:23
  3. Unarmed units
    By mgmasl in forum ASL Rules & Errata
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07 Feb 11, 12:25
  4. Unarmed units
    By Hubbs5 in forum ASL Rules & Errata
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03 Mar 08, 19:02
  5. Unarmed units = freed POW's.
    By Palantir in forum Combat Mission
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14 Aug 06, 03:11

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •