Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Is this fair?

Re: Is this fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Possibly...depends on the circumstances.
    OK so you accept that circumstances can vary and that the level of accountability can vary dependant on the circumstances.
    Which is not QUITE so black and white as your earlier comments were.
    What do we want? Hearing Aids

When do we want them? Hearing Aids

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mayers View Post
    OK so you accept that circumstances can vary and that the level of accountability can vary dependant on the circumstances.
    Really don't know what you mean...my statement remains consistant. A CEO is accountable and responsibile for what happens under his watch. Consequences may vary but that doesn't change the accountability and responsibility.
    Later - Tater
    Beware "The Star Spangled Spud!"
    CH! = 3rd Edition Is The Charm

Really don't know what you mean...my statement remains consistant. A CEO is accountable and responsibile for what happens under his watch. Consequences may vary but that doesn't change the accountability and responsibility.
    Are you responsible for the conduct of the six people who report to you when they are on a works night out where your not in attendance ?
    Are you responsible if one of the people under your charge are feeding secrets to one of your competitors....or if they leave some skeletons in the cupboard whilst working their notice?
    You may be held to account...but are you responsible.
    Would you be sacked ?
    I think you'd feel pretty pissed if you were
    What do we want? Hearing Aids

When do we want them? Hearing Aids

See Dummies in the index Vinnie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Guys, guys, guys, you can stop worrying about those poor guys who have been unfairly hounded out of the service. It seems they've been offer a new job:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/23/ousted...nts-job-offer/
    What do we want? Time travel! When do we want it? It's irrelevant!

Practice safe eating...always use a condiment!

Quote Originally Posted by AZslim View Post
    Well. OK. I know you were an officer.

I saw things differently. In Subic Bay in the early 80's, I remember one guy desperately trying to find a jeweler who could recreate his wedding ring because it got ripped off by one of the "ladies" on Magsaysay Boulevard. It seemed like everybody had a "girlpriend" they holed up with when not on duty.

Of course, it did get old after a few weeks.....we were broke down in the yards needing major work. I'm a musician and there are some really good bands in town. I was sitting in a bar listening to the band and the girls came up to me asking if I wanted "sensation" I told them no, I just wanted to listen to band. They looked at me bewildered, and asked "wassa matter you no like girls?" They couldn't comprehend the idea of just listening to the music. I had to give them cigarettes to make them go away.

Oh yeah, Reagan was in office so it was his fault.
    Yes I acknowledge that I have heard the stories. I never did a Westpac deployment except for a port visit in Chin Hae, Korea. I remember my Engineer coming in off liberty fairly drunk and telling me in my old nickname, "Oh, Kilo Whiskey, you can get your shorts blown off out there for small change." Sailors who had duty out there often had housekeepers who supplied all services.

I also remember a sailor, married, who admitted to me that he had used prostitutes in Subic. He just said, sheepishly, "Sir, things are just different out in Westpac."

Ive' also seen some things with my own eyes, like at the Black Angus in Puerto Rico.

I'm just trying to defend the many sailors who don't live that life. Not everybody lives the stereotype of the drunken, whoring sailor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    That's a heck of a stretch from a few officers misdeeds. You going to blame the president for all politicians faux pas as well? He's the most senior.

If nothing was being done, you would have a case but here action is being taken.
    Not blaming the President for the misdeeds, but if the President doesnt react by censuring or punishing or firing the guilty, then its as if he's condoning the acts. No one can be held accountable for every employee under him, but he is responsible to keep them in line when they do questionable things.

Forum Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Mayers View Post
    I have never used the word "blame". Accountability and responsibility is not the same as "blame".

If the CEO allows a culture to exist where clerks feel it is OK to steal and know they can get away with it...who would/should be held accountable?
    This is why you feel the president and vice president should be held accoutable for Abu Graib right. After all they are the CEO's and responsible for the invasion itself and the misstatements of WMD's and the culture which made such torture scenes possible. Up the ladder with a level of accountability. I suspect we shall see some sort of starchy backpedal even more of what we have already observed.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mfl View Post
    This is why you feel the president and vice president should be held accoutable for Abu Graib right.
    Sure, and they were...

FYI...just a reminder...it is 2012.
    Later - Tater
    Beware "The Star Spangled Spud!"
    CH! = 3rd Edition Is The Charm

Sure, and they were...

FYI...just a reminder...it is 2012.
    Still plenty of time remaining in the 'Blame Bush' game....
    1. Even if you could make something idiot proof they would just go out and build a better idiot.

2. The road to hell is paved by a hard working asphalt crew of meddlesome legislators...

3. Donkey poop and elephant poop don't smell too much different from one another. It's all poop....

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
    Still plenty of time remaining in the 'Blame Bush' game....
    529105_10150769810281178_6333396177_9480908_140427691_n.jpg.........
    "I have checked my privilege. And I apologize for nothing."
    Tal Fortgang May 2, 2014
    w/thanks to DPetros for providing the link

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5