Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is anything major due out this year?

Forum Conscript
    Users Flag!

Re: Is anything major due out this year?

Why has no one mentioned Hakka Palle? Is that no longer on the production spiral?

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by louis743 View Post
    Why has no one mentioned Hakka Palle? Is that no longer on the production spiral?
    Because no one cares? lol

Scott

Users Flag!

I was hoping that would be out this year.
    Be polite, be friendly, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Scott View Post

Scott
    you are so bad Scott .

Not caring is perhaps the wrong way to look at it. Lack of excitement perhaps.
    With a Les Paul you just wind up sounding like someone else. With the Strat I finally sound like me.

Users Flag!

I'd be very surprised if it was published this year. Rising Sun isn't even available for pre-order yet and Chas has repeatedly stated that it will definitely be the next core module published, which means that unless the pre-order windows for RS and HP overlap (which seems unlikely to me), HP won't even go up for pre-order until late summer at the earliest, implying an early 2013 ship date.
    Last edited by Srynerson; 13 Feb 12 at 16:36.

Users Flag!

Here's what I'm hoping for in 2012: Hakke Palle (seems unlikely for 2012, but you never know) and Poland in Flames (perhaps Q4 2012 - that's pure speculation, though). Also, whatever LFT are working on - hopefully another themed magazine as the PTO themed magazine was excellent. I doubt if Ozerekya Bay will make it in 2012, judging by the ongoing playtesting, but I'll be very glad if it does as the playtest AARs are fascinating. Another AP would be great - I wonder if MMP will squeeze another one out the door in 2012?

Also, J10 - I absolutely adore the journals - the very best bang for the ASL buck as far as I'm concerned. I'm eagerly awaiting word of the J10 articles and scenarios.
    VASL ID: Eoin Corrigan

Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Scott View Post

Scott
    I'm kinda looking forward to it because:

1. I'm still using my original BV1 counters and want the update to the new grey Finns.

2. New squad types for continuation war.

3. And mostly, I'm hoping for some good new scenarios. The only Finnish scenario I own that I've felt like playing more than once was Fighting Withdrawal.

Users Flag!

The Finn module does not appear to score high on the fun-o-meter. It will be nice to get the boards in it though.

Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by jpellam View Post
    The Finn module does not appear to score high on the fun-o-meter. It will be nice to get the boards in it though.

It will score high with me. I don't currently play the Finns, because they are too strong. Three new lesser squad types and 13 scenarios will make them interesting to play.

Blog Entries
    Users Flag!

Quote Originally Posted by RobZagnut View Post
    It will score high with me. I don't currently play the Finns, because they are too strong. Three new lesser squad types and 13 scenarios will make them interesting to play.
    Interesting to play, or simply a more realistic representation of them. Does bringing them in the realms of mortal fighting men from the earlier Finns risk the uniqueness of the Finn ASL experience and perhaps the underlying reason to playing them and having them as a distinct combatant in the first place?

While not excited by this, unique Finn counters and not that shade of grey would have done that for sure. I must admit that buying a core module for a nationality in which we have most of the counters which are used in the battles in which made them distinct and thus worthy of it's own place within ASL as opposed to just being another Axis Minor, in the first place just for counters that make them more normal isn't exactly my definition of excitement. I do look forward to seeing what they did with the Finns. With an eye to if they could keep the distinct nature of the Finns even when making them more mortal. I think the way the various nationalities are tweaked in A25 is a great strength of ASL. You can plop a squad on a board and feel as if that squad is not some generic squad but has distinct attributes when then of course make them fun to play. That is a real design challenge IMO to make them mortal and yet keep them 'Finn' and I'm curious how they worked with that. I suppose a long post to say I'm more curious than excited.
    With a Les Paul you just wind up sounding like someone else. With the Strat I finally sound like me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast