Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Patch needed badly for AoR and Red Victory

Re: Patch needed badly for AoR and Red Victory

I do know that they are working on new titles as we speak.

Deputy I agree with you with regards to the issues. I also feel that some major changes are needed. However I know the beta test team I can say that new titles are being worked on and at some point we will see patches. Juat npt tjhe majpr chnages we'd both love to see.

Wodin: That really pisses me off. They left the Squad Battles series as an incomplete product at the hefty price of $50 EACH, and they move on to new titles. Well I got a newsflash for Mr. Tiller, I won't be buying any of the new titles. I REALLY want to buy the Battle of the Bulge version of this game, but since it will probably exhibit the same flaws as the other two titles I have, what's the point?

Cmdr @Task Force Echo 4 TheBigRedOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger B View Post
    "And the effectiveness (or lack therof) of the German canons on the tanks is a bit of a joke. An 88 should be able to take a rear shot on a T-34 or ANY other tank and open it up like a can of cat food. Instead, you take 6 shots at 3-4 hexes away and NOTHING happens. And this is in clear terrain with no modifiers. So yes, a patch is definitely needed."

This could also be related to corrupt files; if equipment is disappearing from your gameplay, it is possible that the corruption extends to other elements. I played scenario 7 - Fire Brigade Meyer - a few days ago, and my Tigers decimated the attacking Russian tanks.

One of the options you may want to try using and see if you get results more in line with your expectations is 'optional fire results'. Selecting this option makes the combat results generator take 2 combat results and average the final outcome, thus preventing extreme fluctuations to your shots.

But I would recommend making a complete fresh install first since clearly there is a problem in your files if your weapons are disappearing. I've never had that happen in any of the Squad Battles titles I own.
    It sounds as if the loading on that 88 might be HE rather than AP (Just a guess, don't have the game in front of me)

If he's firing HE, it's no wonder he's not smoking that tank. Take a look at the weapon's load.
    Squad Battles Forum Moderator at The Blitz Wargaming Club
    Site Commander Task Force Echo 4

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com

Completely out of morbid curiousity -- exactly which scenarios are you having the issues with your Tigers and Panthers, Deputy? I'd love to load them up and see for myself.

Namely because I see machine gus on mine... it looks like they only model the coax mg and not the bow mounted ones -but I got them there on the scenarios I checked.

No idea why anyone wouldn't send in files to support.
    Last edited by trauth116; 21 Feb 12 at 00:25.

Quote Originally Posted by trauth116 View Post
    Completely out of morbid curiousity -- exactly which scenarios are you having the issues with your Tigers and Panthers, Deputy? I'd love to load them up and see for myself.

Namely because I see machine gus on mine... it looks like they only model the coax mg and not the bow mounted ones -but I got them there on the scenarios I checked.

No idea why anyone wouldn't send in files to support.
    I added various tanks to the Slutsk scenario. That is the scenario I use for testing.
    Just use the OOB editor and add whatever tank or weapon you want. Then use the Scenario editor to place them on the map. You may be right about them not modelling the bow mount machinegun. If that is the case, then a patch is needed more than ever, since it handicaps many tanks that had that gun. As to sending in files for support....have you looked at the patches available for Red Vistory? Here is the list of patches available:

1. NONE.

The latest patch released was for Winter War and that was back in February 2010. Do you REALLY think JT and HPS give a dang about patching these games? If you do, I have a bridge in Brooklyn available for purchase.

As to choosing the right ammo...I am not a complete idiot. I know you use AP for vehicles and HE for everything else. Neither one makes a difference as far as being more destructive against T-34s. I might as well be shooting spitballs at them.
    Last edited by Deputy; 21 Feb 12 at 12:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
    ....have you looked at the patches available for Red Vistory? Here is the list of patches available:

1. NONE.

The latest patch released was for Winter War and that was back in February 2010. Do you REALLY think JT and HPS give a dang about patching these games? If you do, I have a bridge in Brooklyn available for purchase.
    I hate to be the one to tell you however, your statements are not correct.

John Tiller and his crew do care and in my opinion, have the best 1st class customer service that you can find. An easy example of this is how many other game companies do you still see updating their game titles that were released 10+ years ago?

If you would have been checking out things over at the Blitz, which is where many of the head game coordinators, scenario designers and play testers visit on a very regular basis, you would have came across a thread from Oz, who is the Lead Scenario Designer and driving force behind RV, who posted a thread back in August of last year looking for feedback for RV since they were looking into creating a possible RV update, if it was warranted.

You can find that thread here: http://www.theblitz.org/message_boar....php?tid=59549

Another example over at the Blitz that can confirm that JTS and company do care can be found in another thread which was posted way back in April of 2010. In it, one of the top play testers for RV and several other SB titles started a thread which was titled "Features you'd like to see with SB". This thread can be located here:http://www.theblitz.org/message_boar....php?tid=55407

Oh and BTW, ever since RV was released, each month it has easily been the top played SB game on the Blitz gaming ladder and is arguably the best SB game which John Tiller and crew has released to date.

So go ahead and look though all of the Blitz SB threads and hopefully you will then realize that John Tiller and his crew do care and are respectful and always very open minded to the input and suggestions from their customers which alot of times do get incorporated into their games.

Cmdr @Task Force Echo 4 TheBigRedOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
    As to choosing the right ammo...I am not a complete idiot. .
    That remains to be seen.

Red Victory has been out for under 2 years. The other games you've been talking about have been out for much, much longer. This is the reason you haven't seen an update for Red Victory. The entire series gets updated every couple of years.
    Squad Battles Forum Moderator at The Blitz Wargaming Club
    Site Commander Task Force Echo 4

Insults will get you nowhere. The problems I posted existed back in AoR. They aren't new. I can't wait forever for JT to get off the crapper and do something with RV. He won't see any more $50 payments from me for incomplete projects that are now vaporware.
    Last edited by Deputy; 21 Feb 12 at 15:40.

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com

Thanks for the response, it helped me get a handle for the exact nature of this thread.
    Last edited by trauth116; 22 Feb 12 at 05:56.

Quote Originally Posted by trauth116 View Post
    Thanks for the response, it helped me get a handle for the exact nature of this thread.
    You're welcome. Being a webmaster, you should already know that if you post something on here and people have notifications enabled, that person sees the ORIGINAL post in full. So you think I'm a troll. Well that doesn't surprise me. Anyone who finds a post not to their satisfaction or disagrees with it, usually resorts to that line of response. I have already been in contact with Rich and described the problem with no machineguns missing. His response/excuse was "if they are missing then they are probably factored into the main gun values" and the chances of JT doing any patches to this game were slim and noine and Slim left town. So sending in proof of the missing machineguns would be an exercise in futility. They aren't interested in fixing anything. They ARE interested in releasing new games and making more profit. It just won't be from me.
    Last edited by Deputy; 22 Feb 12 at 10:42.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast