Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Any mods for 3D icons in Red Victory or AoR?

  1. #1
    Gebirgsjäger fan Deputy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    83
    Users Flag!

    Any mods for 3D icons in Red Victory or AoR?

    I know most of you guys use 2D views to play the sim. But I am used to 3D views based on Tiller's East Front-West Front Campaign Series. The uniforms and tank counters used in RV and AoR are blue. Germans wore field grey uniforms and at least early in the war, their vehicles were painted grey. Later in the war the vehicles were cammo. Has anyone done any mods to the 3D icons/unit counters or is there just no interest in it?
    Last edited by Deputy; 18 Jan 12 at 12:01.

  2. #2
    Forum Commando Wodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    1,139
    Users Flag!

    Re: Any mods for 3D icons in Red Victory or AoR?

    Er, I think there is one for AotR over at Task force Echo. I will be doing a new RV 2D vehicle mod..plus I've just released to 2D mods for RV and AotR which makes it look a fair bit better than the original graphics..try it out.

  3. #3
    Gebirgsjäger fan Deputy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    83
    Users Flag!

    Re: Any mods for 3D icons in Red Victory or AoR?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wodin View Post
    Er, I think there is one for AotR over at Task force Echo. I will be doing a new RV 2D vehicle mod..plus I've just released to 2D mods for RV and AotR which makes it look a fair bit better than the original graphics..try it out.
    I'll check over there. Thanks for the advice! I never use 2D views.

  4. #4
    Gebirgsjäger fan Deputy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    83
    Users Flag!

    Re: Any mods for 3D icons in Red Victory or AoR?

    Drat! I just checked Task Force Echo and all the graphics mods are 2D. The only 3D mods are map mods. Oh well. I guess the Germans will continue to wear the "blues".

  5. #5
    Forum Conscript
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34
    Users Flag!

    Re: Any mods for 3D icons in Red Victory or AoR?

    I considered modding this at one point, but couldn't find where the infantry 3D icons were. Anyone know?

  6. #6
    Gebirgsjäger fan Deputy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    83
    Users Flag!

    Re: Any mods for 3D icons in Red Victory or AoR?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benpark View Post
    I considered modding this at one point, but couldn't find where the infantry 3D icons were. Anyone know?
    Hmmmm....good point and that may be the reason no mods were done to it. I looked everywhere and couldn't find them either.

    BTW....have you tried modding the weapons to make them better? I did and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Seems they are hard-coded into the executeable. Supposedly Eagles Strike allows you to change the specs of weapons.

  7. #7
    Forum Commando Wodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    1,139
    Users Flag!

    Re: Any mods for 3D icons in Red Victory or AoR?

    3D icons are in the the nation folder...in the main directory...not sure all nations have their own though.

    There are only German and Russian ones in their relevant folders...seems odd none where made for the other nations..

    The East front titles are the only two you can't edit the weapons etc..as they didn't allow it for AotR to stop people modding it for battles later than 42 as they had RV planned...looks like they never took the restrictions off and made RV the same way.

    DaVallian made a 3D mod for ES using the graphics from Tillers campaign series....same could be done for RV and AotR if you want to put the effort in. I found the 3D personally look awful that I just can't use it and 2D with mods for me anyway looks so much better.
    Last edited by Wodin; 20 Jan 12 at 11:59.

  8. #8
    Gebirgsjäger fan Deputy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    83
    Users Flag!

    Re: Any mods for 3D icons in Red Victory or AoR?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wodin View Post
    3D icons are in the the nation folder...in the main directory...not sure all nations have their own though.

    There are only German and Russian ones in their relevant folders...seems odd none where made for the other nations..

    The East front titles are the only two you can't edit the weapons etc..as they didn't allow it for AotR to stop people modding it for battles later than 42 as they had RV planned...looks like they never took the restrictions off and made RV the same way.
    Ahhhh yes...found them!!! You are right about the East front titles. I e-mailed Rich and he confirmed this. I can edit the "loads" data but it doesn't appear to change things when playing the game. Did you also notice that some tanks like the Tiger that SHOULD show machineguns DON'T show them in the lower info bar? I asked Rich about that and he said it's likely the machinguns were "included" in the attack factor of the tank. Doesn't make much sense to me either. Why would some tanks have machineguns that fire seperately and others that should have machineguns don't show them or allow them to fire seperately?

  9. #9
    Forum Conscript
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    28
    Users Flag!

    Re: Any mods for 3D icons in Red Victory or AoR?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
    Ahhhh yes...found them!!! You are right about the East front titles. I e-mailed Rich and he confirmed this. I can edit the "loads" data but it doesn't appear to change things when playing the game. Did you also notice that some tanks like the Tiger that SHOULD show machineguns DON'T show them in the lower info bar? I asked Rich about that and he said it's likely the machinguns were "included" in the attack factor of the tank. Doesn't make much sense to me either. Why would some tanks have machineguns that fire seperately and others that should have machineguns don't show them or allow them to fire seperately?
    The loads can in fact be modded and will have an effect; this is likely due to your similar issues with your installs being corrupted. One note, however: minor tweaks in the files do not always result in instantly obvious change. In other words, depending on how the exe resolves the 'shot' result, you may not see any change, or you may see drastic change.

    Regarding the "MG crisis", that is no longer an issue now, if I understand your other posts. MG's are working properly and are reflected properly.

  10. #10
    Gebirgsjäger fan Deputy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    83
    Users Flag!

    Re: Any mods for 3D icons in Red Victory or AoR?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger B View Post
    The loads can in fact be modded and will have an effect; this is likely due to your similar issues with your installs being corrupted. One note, however: minor tweaks in the files do not always result in instantly obvious change. In other words, depending on how the exe resolves the 'shot' result, you may not see any change, or you may see drastic change.

    Regarding the "MG crisis", that is no longer an issue now, if I understand your other posts. MG's are working properly and are reflected properly.
    No, they can't. At least, not in RV or AoR. That has been confirmed by Rich. You can change the numbers but they are hard-coded into the executeable. Of course, you may be smarter than the people at HPS, or you may just have a vivid imagination, I dunno. The machinegun issue is still up in the air. SIX installs before it was corrected means there is probably a problem with the installation program.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New map icons
    By ralphtrickey in forum TOAW Scenario Design
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21 Feb 09, 04:59
  2. Forum Icons
    By Luke in forum Avatars & Wallpapers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11 Aug 06, 18:51
  3. Album icons
    By wolvie in forum PC Gaming Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11 Sep 05, 07:04
  4. Icons
    By kbluck in forum Armored Task Force
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08 Jul 04, 05:22
  5. New Graphic Icons
    By Talon xBMCx in forum Armored Task Force
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25 Jun 03, 01:04

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •