Continued working on the Vietnamese company file. I found myself restructuring the order of the platoon file to assist in locating particular unit types. I also renamed some of the infantry type platoons for a couple of reasons: 1. to ensure they fit in the display and 2. Main Force VC are not identified as so, but Local Force as noted with "BDDP".
Hopefully I will have the Vietnamese Battle Generator oob's ready in the next couple days and can work on the others.
I also worked on the manual. Section 2.0
Updated 17 Aug 10 at 15:32 by Jason Petho
The Vietnamese revisions continue. I have also started renaming the various organizations using Vietnamese naming conventions. While I am in confident in most of what I have written, some guidance once the series is released would be appreciated.
The new units have been added.
Playtesting continues for a few of the Middle East scenarios.
As I go back between the First and Second Indochina wars, I am finding I am missing some units for the Vietnamese army. Including the PAK-40, Soviet 57mm AT Gun, M8 Armoured Car, etc. I am adding these to the order of battles. This means that Vietnam will have completely new order of battles in addition to the ones created by Jorge.
I did not restructure, using the new platoon numbering system, the major players of the Vietnam game(USA, French, North and South Vietnam) . The primary reason was for compatability with the hundreds of existing Vietnam
Spent most of the evening working on the North Vietnamese company file between 1956 and 1974. Most of these organizations are following the new coding scheme, which I have created a section in the manual that describes how to do it yourself, should someone be interested.
Updated 14 Aug 10 at 12:58 by Jason Petho
Most of the evening last night was spent on the North Vietnamese, building company level units to use in the campaign order of battles. This will require a few days to complete.