View RSS Feed

PC Games

All things related to PC gaming.

1. The Princess Gruoch I

Name:  august.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  163.5 KB

Yesterday dropped my first anticipated title of 2012: Paradox's Crusader Kings 2. While I did own the original, I never played it that much because I found it to be one of those games that had a great idea but could have been executed better, particularly in the UI department which made everything more difficult than it needed to be. Well, after playing last week's demo of the sequel, Crusader Kings 2, I was gratified to see that Paradox made many of the necessary changes and now the game is really beginning to shine. While you will have to wait a
  2. The Frustration

Name:  dust-01-alt_1024x768.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  108.2 KB

I've been increasingly feeling that miniatures itch. And that scares me. The last time I fell for board games and miniatures was during the gaming drought of the late '90s. Don't want to go out on a limb here, but despite the release of a number of strong titles over the past year, I am increasingly finding myself bored by PC gaming. Seems like most of the stuff coming out these days, while having nice chrome, just doesn't hold my attention for long because the chrome quickly dulls, leaving that whole "been there, done that" feeling in its ...
  3. Sven the Hypocrite's Excellent Adventure

Name:  skyrim_map.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  186.3 KB

Sven cursed the Bethesdian's gods for their trickery! All he ever wanted was to be left alone, to remain aloof from the madness of the world. But the gods would not play along. Rather, through some sort of cursed magic, he had found himself falsely implicated in the plot of some rebels. One day you go out to do a little hunting and gathering, and the next thing you know you're being marched to your own execution....

Fortunately - if that is the correct word - some big, scaled flying lizard type of creature interrupted the festivities ...
  4. Distant Worlds: Return of the Shakturi Campaign

Name:  92future-sci-fi-021a.jpg
Views: 2480
Size:  84.4 KB

Distant Worlds might well go down in history as the PC gaming world's most immersive 4X sci-fi game. I don't know how the tiny CodeForce studio did it - whether by magic or passion or sheer brilliance - but this game has proven to come the closest to what I always wanted: a deep, open ended sci-fi civilization simulator. I just wish more people knew about it.

That is why I have decided to write an on-going AAR - well, on-going until Legends, the hotly anticipated second expansion to DW, is released. When that drops, it's
  5. WoWzers

Name:  Medieval_Cat1.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  111.7 KB

I can’t believe I’m gonna say this, but here goes (deep breath): I can’t get enough of World of Warcraft!

There. It’s out. I feel better already.

This is the second time Blizzard made a fool out of me. First, I went around dissing Starcraft II…only to fall in love with it after trying the “starter edition”. And now Blizzard has hooked me with the “starter edition” of World of Warcraft (first 20 levels free!). Come on guys, you can’t keep making me look like a jerk – even if I make it really easy for you .

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast