View RSS Feed

PC Games

All things related to PC gaming.

1. WALB: Talon versus Claw

Name:  2014-03-04_00014_zpse2ac8427.jpg
Views: 3399
Size:  155.8 KB

Russia. Crimea. Ukraine. What more needs to be said?

This battle began when some Soviet recon and ATGM units were detected coming south towards Echo 1, an objective my US Army boys recently captured. I called in an F-4 Phantom to chew them up a bit:

It did the trick. We killed one or two units, with the rest pulling off the road in a hurray. Unfortunately, ...
  2. Duke Lucidio The Ripper

Name:  ripper.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  42.8 KB
    Somebody alert Rock Paper Gloria Steinem: we have a bona fide misogynist on our hands. And he started out as such a nice guy. Duke Lucidio was the heir of the Portucale duchy, having inherited it from his father Vimara, a rather mediocre, if just, duke. And, yes, he is an actual historical personality:

Lucídio Vimaranes was the second Count of Portugal within the Kingdom of Asturies. He was the son of Vímara Peres. Following his death, the county passed out of the family, but he is thought to have been ancestor of Count Alvito Nunes, who in the
  3. FCRS: The Thieving Bear

Name:  berlin-5-011.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  123.0 KB

Wow, this was a long time coming: I am actually going to blog about a traditional, chit-based wargame! I think this is a first in the many years I have been blogging here! That, if nothing else, says a lot about how mainstream gaming has fallen and cannot seem to get up.

Of course that isn't the only reason I am going to blog about a wargame. It just so happens that the fellas of On Target Simulations have come up with a mighty fine wargame that even a retired grog like me can get behind, one packed with all the realism that the ...
  4. Delaying the Devil Dogs: A Wargame ALB War Story

Name:  aar1_zps8e99d7a6.jpg
Views: 1423
Size:  141.5 KB

I'd thought I do another AAR, this time with me playing as the East Germans against the United States Marine Corps! Can I stop the famed Devil Dogs? Check and see. And to just switch things up a bit, for this AAR I will be using touched-up screenshots for a more realistic effect. Enjoy!

Much of this fight revolved around what appeared to be some sort of shipping center, probably related to the local agricultural industry:

5. Oh Canada: the Assault on Delta 3

Name:  FRONT2a.jpg
Views: 1673
Size:  48.9 KB

It looked like such a nice place to work. I mean, the map merely referred to it as 'Delta 3', but it must really have had a much nicer name that that:

Sure, it was only two agro centers - Agro South and Agro North, as I referred to them - but what nice places they were. I imagined myself as someone who had to work there, imagined driving through the pastoral fields, admiring the ...
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast