PDA

View Full Version : Load reliabilty for SCW Beretta pistol and others?

jztemple
23 Dec 08, 18:15
While wandering around in the database editor of SCW, I noticed something I have overlooked before, that Loads have reliability values. Now I have always understood and monitored weapon reliabilities, but I guess I hadn't paid much attention to Loads reliability. So I went to the PDF help for the editor and found this explanation for the Loads Reliability field:

The Reliability field determines if the effect of the load is modified when used. For Smoke, Illumination, Clearing, and Demolition loads, the reliability determines the percentage chance the load will produce the desired effect. For Single Use and Suicide loads, the reliability determines a possible reduction in effect of the load. The following values are used to determine a percentage value from a reliability value:
A => 98%
B => 95%
C => 90%
D => 85%
E => 80%
F => 70%
The effect loss is determined randomly between the percentage value and 100%. Thus an F reliable Single Use or Suicide load can have an effect between 70% and 100% of nominal when used.

Now that's all well and good, but what surprised me was that in the Loads table I found several items that have less than an "A" reliability that don't fit into the above rule. For instance, the Beretta pistol, who's reliability as a weapon is "A", fires a "9mm Pistol" Load that has a reliability of "B". A quick build in the OOB and scenario editors gave me a test scenario where I fired a Beretta and the results seemed to indicate that the "B" load reliability has no effect on weapon effectiveness, which is an expected result. So is there any effect of this "B" Load reliability?

Also I found three artillery pieces, the "76 MW", the "210mm PL" and the "170 MW", that all are "A" reliability weapons that fire a "B" load. The load in each case is indirect HE, not Smoke, Illumination, Clearing, or Demolition, so I'm not sure what the "B" Load effect is supposed to be.

Any ideas, or are these "B" values simply inconsequential?

FastPhil
23 Dec 08, 22:48
While wandering around in the database editor of SCW, I noticed something I have overlooked before, that Loads have reliability values. Now I have always understood and monitored weapon reliabilities, but I guess I hadn't paid much attention to Loads reliability. So I went to the PDF help for the editor and found this explanation for the Loads Reliability field:

Now that's all well and good, but what surprised me was that in the Loads table I found several items that have less than an "A" reliability that don't fit into the above rule. For instance, the Beretta pistol, who's reliability as a weapon is "A", fires a "9mm Pistol" Load that has a reliability of "B". A quick build in the OOB and scenario editors gave me a test scenario where I fired a Beretta and the results seemed to indicate that the "B" load reliability has no effect on weapon effectiveness, which is an expected result. So is there any effect of this "B" Load reliability?

Also I found three artillery pieces, the "76 MW", the "210mm PL" and the "170 MW", that all are "A" reliability weapons that fire a "B" load. The load in each case is indirect HE, not Smoke, Illumination, Clearing, or Demolition, so I'm not sure what the "B" Load effect is supposed to be.

Any ideas, or are these "B" values simply inconsequential?

How big was your sample? How many times did you fire?

jztemple
24 Dec 08, 00:20
I fired a couple of dozen times during the first test. Effectiveness dropped sometimes a single point, sometimes two, never more, which would seem to be consistent with an "A" reliability. I changed the Load reliability to "F", rebuilt the OOB file and the scenario and reran the test and got the same results, which would seem to indicate that the drop of effectiveness of the weapon is independent of the Load. This is in line with the cited rule, which doesn't associate the reliability of the Load with any drop of effectiveness of the weapon.

Mike Cox
25 Dec 08, 01:36
For Smoke, Illumination, Clearing, and Demolition loads, the reliability determines the percentage chance the load will produce the desired effect. For Single Use and Suicide loads, the reliability determines a possible reduction in effect of the load. The following values are used to determine a percentage value from a reliability value:

Is the key passage. Not so important for standard loads.