PDA

View Full Version : Does Squad Battles support 64-bit Vista?

jztemple
12 Dec 08, 09:30
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did do a search.

Does the Squad Battles series run on Vista 64-bit OS, with SP1? Was considering this as my next OS and didn't want to shoot myself in the foot, so to speak.

Blackcloud6
12 Dec 08, 09:42
I run SB games on my Vista laptop with SP1 with no problem.

jztemple
12 Dec 08, 10:18
Is your laptop Vista 32-bit or 64-bit? I have been doing some research and have seen mention that "older" game installation may experience problems with 64-bit Vista, but not with 32-bit Vista.

Blackcloud6
12 Dec 08, 10:46
Mine is running 32 bit.

jztemple
12 Dec 08, 11:07
Ah, I finally found the related thread that does confirm that Squad Battles does run under Vista 64-bit OS (http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?t=78419). Doesn't mention SP1, but I can't see why that should make it worse ;)

rahamy
12 Dec 08, 16:08
You're a brave man Charlie Brown, jumping into the Vista pool...personally I'm waiting till they put something out that doesn't have as many issues and doesn't make me jump through hoops to use what I want.

Blackcloud6
13 Dec 08, 18:10
You're a brave man Charlie Brown, jumping into the Vista pool...personally I'm waiting till they put something out that doesn't have as many issues and doesn't make me jump through hoops to use what I want.

I've had a Vista machine for 15 months now and I love it. You don't have to jump through hoops to make anything work. It is tons better than XP and much more stable.

rahamy
13 Dec 08, 18:19
Really...I've got dozens of examples working on Vista machines with down right quirky issues to back up my stance. That and every single game we, HPS, publish had to be patched to run on Vista even down to the install location which they suddenly placed the "Program Files" directory off limits after years of telling software developers to place software there. I could go on...glad you are having a good experience though. :cool: