PDA

View Full Version : Another WOM Question

billk
17 Nov 08, 14:02
What key do you use to bring up the toolbar. I have looked all through the manual and cannot find any reference to it.

jztemple
17 Nov 08, 14:34
I'm assuming you're having this problem (I did too) because you are using the "Alternate Interface" option. To get back to a normal HPS view with the toolbar at the top, you need to right-click on the mini-map in the bottom right corner of the screen. A context menu will be displayed. Just below the middle of the context menu that you get you will see a checked option called "Alternate Interface". Click on that to "uncheck" it and you'll go back to the regular screen layout.

To go back to the Alternate Interface, selection the option under "Settings" on the text menu row above the main map.

billk
17 Nov 08, 14:44
Thank you jztemple,I was going nuts trying to find it.

rahamy
17 Nov 08, 18:38
I think if you give the Alt interface some time you will find it easier to use...at least we on the team did...

billk
17 Nov 08, 18:56
Thanks rahamy for you reply,now that I know how to get the toolbar back I just may try the alt interface.

jztemple
17 Nov 08, 18:58
I think if you give the Alt interface some time you will find it easier to use...at least we on the team did...

I'm finding that there are advantages to both, so I'm switching between the two as I go. It would be nice if there was a Hotkey to flip the interface.

chrisp
18 Nov 08, 13:52
Speaking of the new interface.....

I actually like it, but there is no Save button. To save a game in progress, you have to switch to the other interface.

A must have!

Mike Cox
18 Nov 08, 20:22
When you exit or load a new file it prompts a save. (But no direct ctl-s 'save' feature.

rahamy
23 Nov 08, 09:13
At least for the time being it doesn't look like we'll have a central place for this series here, but Mo, the scenario designer, is posting a few responses over at the Wargamer, so you may want to check that out:

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=317411