PDA

View Full Version : breastwork defenses

turbidite
29 Sep 08, 10:40
I noticed that all the recent patches have this novelty :

Added ability to create scenarios having Breastwork defenses

but I didn't find an explanation of the effect of them in the latest version of user doc. Did I missed it or was it overlooked ?

Thanks.

rahamy
01 Oct 08, 21:49
Might have been overlooked...will try to remember to investigate before the next round of updates.

turbidite
04 Oct 08, 08:05
Might have been overlooked...will try to remember to investigate before the next round of updates.

I'll await then, I can test when I find time. The next update should be nice because it will propagate the multiple ai scripts to most of the titles which is very interesting for scn dev (I think only SAW and WW have it now).

Thanks for the reply Rich.

I noticed something else (unrelated to brestworks) : in the user doc on the movement section there is a prominent picture on remote controled demolition panzers (Goliath or Borgwath (spelling in doubt) or sdkfz301) yet this unit is not present in AOTR. I presume it was left out as potentially uninteresting for scn designers because it's in the time frame (a unit of such vehicules might have been sent to Stalingrad shortly before Uranus). Pity we cannot add it to the dat files to have some fun with it.

rahamy
04 Oct 08, 20:29
There are things in the documentation that don't apply to games currently in circulation...but you may see them in use one day. :D

McIvan
08 Oct 08, 00:22
Effect of the breastworks is 16 defence, from memory, if that helps.

Mike Cox
08 Oct 08, 13:44
Which puts them in the same category as trenches, except that they have a facing (only fire across a Breastworks hexside would get the modifier). I would assume that Artillery would not be affected.

McIvan
14 Oct 08, 18:11
A question I couldn't se answered in the manual.....when your fire is right down a hex corner, where the hexsides adjoining the corner are hedgerow/breastworks on one side and nothing on the other, does the target receive the benefit of the cover or miss out?