PDA

View Full Version : Interesting tidbits at the wargamer forums

turbidite
16 Aug 08, 15:53
Iron X has posted a screenshot of a mod for SAW that looks too me like the infamous operation Anaconda in Afghanistan :

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/tm.aspx?high=&m=305722&mpage=1#305743

Counters style are ASL/LNL. I have been waiting for something like this from HPS especially since JT posted the following on usenet in... 2001 !

"
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 14:12:48 -0600
Local: Sun, Oct 28 2001 10:12 pm
Subject: Re: Vietnam opinions

Jeff,

My interest tends more to modern times, especially given recent events. I've
been playing a couple of internal modern Squad Battles scenarios recently that
I find pretty interesting. In one, an airborne Ranger company attacks a
Taliban base in a remote mountain valley. I had a couple of Blackhawks lost
to Stingers, which was my own fault for exposing them like I did. In another,
a Ranger company ambushes a Taliban column. I found I needed to bump up the
effectiveness of the AT4 in the database, but I also had my Javelin crew out
of position, which hurt me until I could manuver it closer.

So there are several posibilities here for future development that one day
should be released.

John "

bkolc
26 Aug 08, 16:03
Seeing more modern applications of the SB engine would ROCK!!!!!!! If you don't believe me, fire up Africa At War. Its not a game, its ART. SB is a masterpiece when it comes to small arms, small unit tactics! For me, it is just what the doctor ordered.

rahamy
26 Aug 08, 20:36
Seeing more modern applications of the SB engine would ROCK!!!!!!! If you don't believe me, fire up Africa At War. Its not a game, its ART. SB is a masterpiece when it comes to small arms, small unit tactics! For me, it is just what the doctor ordered.

Wish more people felt that way. :D Spread the word, we could definitely stand to grow the community!

Ozgur Budak
27 Aug 08, 04:00
I see a revival of interest in SB system around the community after the release of the latest titles which is great. I hope SB will get the attention it deserves.

TheBigRedOne
27 Aug 08, 08:31
I agree with Oz, we are experiencing a SB Renaissance. There seems to be much more activity on the boards and on the ladders since SAW and WW came out. It's good to see, considering at one point I was fearful that the series had petered out. .