PDA

View Full Version : Winter War Tourney (Title TBD ;) )

Mike Cox
02 Aug 08, 13:07
So Winter War it is. Soviets and Finns in the snow. I am working on scenario selection as I type. Please let us know if you are interested in playing this one.

The format will be the same, 3 rounds, with performance seeding you for the next round. We'll use the GS ranks to seed you for the first round, which means that even newcomers should get involved. You will be playing similarly experienced players in the first round. (Or course if you are good, you'll be facing much stiffer competition moving forward.)

Now that you don't have to worry about a new HPS title coming out in August, you can go ahead and spend your gaming dollars on Winter War if you don't already have it. I noted that NWS has it on sale for $30 + shipping at the moment, so no excuses. http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/index.html

I know that there are a lot of East Front fans out there, but until the much anticipated and oft hinted at 2nd half of the Russo German War comes out (Advance of the Soviet? Advance of the People?) this should feed the craving.

I'll update the post with player names as we go.

Dazooz
TheBigRedOne
TomBombadil711
z1812
Landser34
McIvan
Rifleman95th
reapagan
Glyn
FastPhil
Joao Lima
Lucas Kling
Jhdeerslayer
ernies
Paulinski
wargamerjack
entropy
tallin

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TwQmwbQttkY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TwQmwbQttkY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

rahamy
02 Aug 08, 15:36
My plate should be clear enough by then to allow me to participate in this.

Dazooz
02 Aug 08, 16:58
Definitely in.

TheBigRedOne
02 Aug 08, 17:26
I've got my Suomi locked and loaded.

Alpha Zwo
02 Aug 08, 18:25
Count me in too! Thanks.

Tom

z1812
02 Aug 08, 20:24
Hi All,

Yes I am in.

Regards John

Landser34
03 Aug 08, 22:05
Would like to play if there are hard time limits for the game like one month max for a scenario because I have played in other tournaments from other sites and they take just to long to wait for other people to finish their games if they finish at all I have seen games with 20 turns or less and it has a 2 month time limit way to long in my opinion.

Dennis

McIvan
04 Aug 08, 00:51
I'll have a go...

Rifleman95th
04 Aug 08, 15:34
Please count me in. Should be fun.

reapagan
04 Aug 08, 20:12
You guys need cannon fodder, I'll play.

Glyn
05 Aug 08, 03:55
Count me in too.:)

Mike Cox
05 Aug 08, 18:56
Would like to play if there are hard time limits for the game like one month max for a scenario because I have played in other tournaments from other sites and they take just to long to wait for other people to finish their games if they finish at all I have seen games with 20 turns or less and it has a 2 month time limit way to long in my opinion.

I am going to push for a limit. The good thing about SB (or one of the good things I should say) is the short time needed to play out a turn. I think we have 6 weeks scheduled per round. Now if people get things finished faster, so much the better.

This was one of the motivations of announcing 2 Tourneys per year - with a schedule. People don't have to play in order not to miss the annual tourney, they can always catch the next one.

Hopefully people will give tourney games top priority and move them along.

FastPhil
05 Aug 08, 22:33
CMI Please

Joao Lima
07 Aug 08, 17:03
Uppps... nearly missed it... I'm in. Just have to unpack the skis and polish the trenching spade.

Lucas Kling
15 Aug 08, 00:58
Count me in, please.

Jhdeerslayer
18 Aug 08, 17:09
Add the Slayer to the mix please.

ernies
18 Aug 08, 19:00
Brrrrrrrr! Nice to think of the cold in the heat of summer.

Please count me in for this one.:clown:

Paulinski
18 Aug 08, 19:04
I'm in :).........

Thank You

wargamerjack
21 Aug 08, 12:08
Very newbie and looking forward to join ..

Cheers

Mike Cox
21 Aug 08, 14:21
Cool!

Welcome and have fun.

Make sure you are signed up on the ladder too while you are at it.

Entropy
23 Aug 08, 00:52
Very newbie to PBEM but I'll play.

Mike Cox
23 Aug 08, 12:41
Glad to see several newcomers.

Again, make sure you are registered on the ladder.

Also, you might want to try and get an email game going with another player so you have email file exchange down pat. (Not that it is difficult, and if you have questions, you can always ask.)

tallin
28 Aug 08, 15:52
If there is still room, I'm game.

Mike Cox
28 Aug 08, 22:04
I think there is.

Mike Cox
01 Sep 08, 16:27
Pairings posted on the Tournament page. Get a hold of your opponent and get rolling.

Let us know when you are underway.

Good luck!

wargamerjack
01 Sep 08, 17:29
Sorry , been new here , can you point me to the tournament page ..the one I found have no clickable link

Cheers

Mike Cox
01 Sep 08, 19:30
Above on the right is a menu for Ladders, click on the blue triangle and you will get several options, including one for Tournaments. Scroll, down to the SB section and you're off!

But here's a link: http://forums.gamesquad.com/wfhq-ld-tourney-details.php?id=83

Mike Cox
23 Jan 09, 17:22
Round Three will be kicking off this weekend.

I have the following listed for round 3:

z1812
McIvan
Mike Cox
Landser34
Jhdeerslayer
FastPhil
TomBombadil711
entropy
Reapagan
Lucas Kling
tallin
TheBigRedOne
Joao Lima
Glyn
Dazooz
ernies
Rifleman95th
Paulinski

The above is the rough seeding as well....

Mike Cox
08 Apr 09, 20:12
I have ruled round 3 complete and so the Tourney Results are now final:

We have a tie for first with

Jhdeerslayer and z1812 sharing the first spot with 48 points. Joao Lima takes the bronze with 42.

I will try and get medals and points awarded in the next few days.

http://www.medal-medaille.com/images/FI102a.jpg

Mahalo

Joao Lima
09 Apr 09, 06:24

http://www.medal-medaille.com/images/FI102a.jpg

Mahalo

That is one nice medal...