PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Tournament Format

Mike Cox
13 Jul 08, 13:12
Rich and I talked a while back about the SB Tournaments moving forward. We decided that we would run 2 tournaments per year, keeping the 3 round format that we have.

We will alternate between Pre-1960 titles and post-1960 titles since there are fans of both eras, and the lines don't always cross. In other words, there will be an Annual WW2 (+/-) Tourney and an Annual Modern Tourney. WW2 will start on September 1 and Modern will start February 1. We'd like to allocate 4 months to complete each Tourney. (That works out to 6 weeks per round.)

I'll start a poll for the WW2 tourney to run for a few weeks. We'll start signups in August and start in September.

Mike Cox
13 Jul 08, 14:15
ps - We're open to feedback on this, but think we have a pretty good system. We might want to adjust the division between WW2 and non WW2, but in that case where does Winter War fit in? Korea is still pretty much a war fought with the same weapons as WW2. (Although helicopters begin to make an appearance - should they be the dividing line?)

Dazooz
13 Jul 08, 15:38
Nice!

I like the division that way, 1960 seems like a good mark for the 2 different eras.

Joao Lima
13 Jul 08, 15:46
ps - We're open to feedback on this, but think we have a pretty good system. We might want to adjust the division between WW2 and non WW2, but in that case where does Winter War fit in? Korea is still pretty much a war fought with the same weapons as WW2. (Although helicopters begin to make an appearance - should they be the dividing line?)

I agree, Korea pretty much ended WW2 style warfare. Having said that. even by that time, in Indochina there was already a different kind of war happening...

Mike Cox
14 Jul 08, 12:57
I agree, Korea pretty much ended WW2 style warfare. Having said that. even by that time, in Indochina there was already a different kind of war happening...

Well should the series ever get there, we can take a poll where Indochina should fall/where the split should be....

Dave68124
16 Jul 08, 01:56
Rich and I talked a while back about the SB Tournaments moving forward. We decided that we would run 2 tournaments per year, keeping the 3 round format that we have.

We will alternate between Pre-1960 titles and post-1960 titles since there are fans of both eras, and the lines don't always cross. In other words, there will be an Annual WW2 (+/-) Tourney and an Annual Modern Tourney. WW2 will start on September 1 and Modern will start February 1. We'd like to allocate 4 months to complete each Tourney. (That works out to 6 weeks per round.)

I'll start a poll for the WW2 tourney to run for a few weeks. We'll start signups in August and start in September.

Thanks Mike. Sounds like a well thought out plan.

Mike Cox
23 Jan 09, 17:28
Bump. I see I was not watching the calendar. We should have finished the tourney by now rather than just round 2.

We will need to push back the modern tourney a bit, and there may be overlap.

z1812
24 Jan 09, 12:32
Hi All,

1960 seems logical.

Regards John