PDA

View Full Version : Naval Units in SAW

jztemple
24 Jun 08, 18:05
So using the database editor I've added a little patrol boat to the Russians and made a scenario to try it out. Now, oddly enough, my little boat does not seem to be able to display or use more than one weapon. This seems odd since I based it on the PBR in Tour Of Duty which carries two weapons. In fact some naval units in TOD carry four or more and display all their weapons (and they are usable.

UPDATE: Wait, my bad <sigh>. I didn't rebuild the scenario each time so the units weren't getting updated with the changes in the database editor.

I've posted this just because it's a good object lesson to potential scenario designers. If you change the database, you must rebuild the scenario!

UPDATE 2: I played a round a bit more and it appears that what you have to do in the scenario editor is delete the unit off the map and then add it back. When it is added back it picks up all the changes in the database editor.

rahamy
26 Jun 08, 08:07
Sorry I didn't catch this sooner, but yes - simply deleting & readding the unit should do the trick...not an entire rebuild of the scenario.

jztemple
26 Jun 08, 09:51
Sorry I didn't catch this sooner, but yes - simply deleting & readding the unit should do the trick...not an entire rebuild of the scenario.

That's fine, I learn a lot from trial and error. I'm the guy people would call in to test their code. They knew if I couldn't break it, it must be pretty good!