PDA

View Full Version : List of SASL scenarios

n3ddy
06 May 08, 09:14
Is there a list of all SASL scenarios available?

JG53_Jaguar
06 May 08, 12:17
There are really no SASL scenarios, SASL comes with its own scenarios and they are called missions. However Peterk1 did manage to modify few existing ASL scenarios suing SASL rules...is that what you are looking for?

n3ddy
06 May 08, 12:22
Sorry, my bad. Still a newbie, so the mind needs to click into gear! Where would I find a list of available missions?

footsteps
06 May 08, 14:30
Sorry, my bad. Still a newbie, so the mind needs to click into gear! Where would I find a list of available missions?
The 1ed Missions are found here (http://www.multimanpublishing.com/ASL/prodsasl.php).

Links to Missions created by others can be found here (http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?t=70029).

Alan

n3ddy
06 May 08, 14:33
Thanks a million! :thumup:

footsteps
06 May 08, 14:55
Thanks a million! :thumup:I'll take that in dollars. Even pennies would be helpful at this stage! :laugh:

Alan

Paullus
06 May 08, 15:03
The ones not mentioned are those published by other producers (TPP).

Heat of Battles Onslought to Orsha had two missions. One using regular maps and one using the Orsha historical map.

Critical Hit has a few. I know of two missions in the Timmes' Orchard module.

JG53_Jaguar
06 May 08, 15:14
SASL 1st edition had 14 missions and SASL 2nd Edition has 21 missions. Also ASL Journals have some additional SASL missions published. Onslaught on Orsha HASL has 2 missions. 4 SASL Missions for Red Barricades were published in ASL Journal 1 and I strongly believe that VotG HASL will have some SASL Missions + possibly SASL CG in the near future.

Wik
13 May 08, 14:21
The Boardgamer, Volume 8 Issue 1 has Mission SPB1: Breakfast at the Cafe Gondree, which is SASL Pegasus Bridge.

Critical Hit's All American: Timmes' Orchard has two solitaire missions, The Gathering and Luftlande!

I thought the All American gamers guide had one more mission, but I don't have it handy to check.

They had a solitaire campaign, Knight's Cross, in Dzerhezinsky Tractor Works and/or as a download (I can't tell where I got my copy, but it's a computer printout)

There are tank SASL rules and missions here:

http://www.mielants.com/Simulation/ASL.html

Le Franc Tireur #11 has a SASL campaign game.

...and that's all the others I'm aware of, I'd love to see a more complete list if anybody has one compiled.

Paullus
13 May 08, 14:46
More Critical Hit Missions:

Critical Hit Magazine Issue # 3 Mission I1 - Secrets

Critical Hit Magazine Issue # 3 Mission I2 - Destiny Riders

Critical Hit Magazine #5.1 SOLO DTW-1 - Recon in Force

Critical Hit # 6.1 CH108 - Assault on a Partisan Home Base

All American: Gamers Guide AA Mission 3 - Group Able => South!

Critical Hit: Online # 1 xTW-1a - Knight's Cross

Joao Lima
13 May 08, 15:29

They had a solitaire campaign, Knight's Cross, in Dzerhezinsky Tractor Works and/or as a download (I can't tell where I got my copy, but it's a computer printout)

It is available on the CH website as a free download , integrated in one of the CH Online Magazines.

Wik
13 May 08, 16:31
It is available on the CH website as a free download , integrated in one of the CH Online Magazines.
Found it.

It's in Critical Hit Online #1 (http://www.criticalhit.com/chonline.pdf)

Hutch
13 May 08, 22:12
SASL 1st and 2nd Edition
SASL 01 Cautious Advance
SASL 02 Pockets
SASL 03 Recon
SASL 04 Bunker Busting
SASL 05 Take the Highway
SASL 06 The Fortress
SASL 07 Block Party
SASL 08 Patrol
SASL 09 Enemy Offensive
SASL 10 Hold the Line
SASL 11 Tank Attack!
SASL 12 Besieged
SASL 13 The Bridge
SASL 14 Human Wave

2nd Edition Only
SASL 15 Pursuit
SASL 16 Airlanding
SASL 17 River Assault!
SASL 18 Bridgehead!
SASL 19 Escape!
SASL 20 Amphibious Assault
SASL 21 Beach Defense

Journals
Journal 1 Red Barricades
SASL RB1 Assault on the Assembly Hall
SASL RB2 Breakout!
SASL RB3 Hold the Factory
SASL RB4 Assault on Red Barricades

Journal 3
SASL JM1 Hoch! Hoch!

Journal 4
SASL JM2 Bloody Omaha

footsteps
14 May 08, 10:39
2nd Edition Only
SASL 15 Pursuit
SASL 16 Airlanding
SASL 17 River Assault!
SASL 18 Bridgehead!
SASL 19 Escape!
SASL 20 Amphibious Assault
SASL 21 Beach Defense

Too bad I only have 1st edition. Those look nice.

Alan

kcole4001
14 May 08, 16:31
Thanks for the list!

I had forgotten about the Journal missions.

bos
14 May 08, 23:38
Too bad I only have 1st edition. Those look nice.

Alan

They're okay, definitely some "spend time with the rulebook scenarios" with rivers and beaches and paratroopers.

And SASL 15 makes my head hurt. Check out this rule:

Black S? are placed as follows:
<some various placements that actually make sense>
* one in each road hex west of the Road Network bridge or, if the bridge is part of a predominantly east-west road (i.e., a non-Road Network road), on the EBE side or the non-Road Network side.

Huh? (sarcasm on) Fortunately, the errata cleared everything up:

SASL Mission 15 (Pursuit): bullet two of the “S? Placement/Exit” instructions, replace “or” with “of”, so that it reads:

* one in each road hex west of the Road Network bridge or, if the bridge is part of a predominantly east-west road (i.e., a non-Road Network road), on the EBE side of the non-Road Network side”.

timberwolf pup
15 May 08, 17:35
The following website has a number of additional missions attributed to Charles K and the Mission Impossible Series:

http://web.aanet.com.au/1grb/

n3ddy
16 Sep 08, 04:17
Any idea how I can get more info on the Mission Impossible series? Tried the e-mail address on the site, but it appears to be dead....

The Hermit (IX)
16 Sep 08, 18:03
SPB1 Breakfast at the Cafe Gondree(sp)
Boardgamer Vol 8 Iss 1

On the Pegasus Bridge map

bellnote88
20 Sep 08, 12:11
In the Mission Impossible series there are adaptations of SL scenarios. i was wondering if anyone else has tried their hand at adapting scenarios as SASL missions. A few years back when I the only play I could get was SASL I was thinking of doing that, but never got to it. I would think it shouldn't be that hard to do.

Graystonw
27 Oct 08, 16:39
They're okay, definitely some "spend time with the rulebook scenarios" with rivers and beaches and paratroopers.

And SASL 15 makes my head hurt. Check out this rule:

Black S? are placed as follows:
<some various placements that actually make sense>
* one in each road hex west of the Road Network bridge or, if the bridge is part of a predominantly east-west road (i.e., a non-Road Network road), on the EBE side or the non-Road Network side.

Huh? (sarcasm on) Fortunately, the errata cleared everything up:

After a couple of years of using SASL, I just rolled up my first Pursuit mission. I have read and re-read this bullet (with the errata) and have absolutely no idea what it means. :hmmm: Can anyone translate this one for me?

Thanks a bunch!

-G

Paullus
27 Oct 08, 18:56
After a couple of years of using SASL, I just rolled up my first Pursuit mission. I have read and re-read this bullet (with the errata) and have absolutely no idea what it means. :hmmm: Can anyone translate this one for me?

Thanks a bunch!

-G

I think I should be able to help you. I helped out a bit in the development of this mission.
This is what it says:
You place suspect counters on each road hex west of the "Road Network" bridge or
in the case of the "Road Network" bridge also being part of a road network that are not actually the "Road Network" outlined in the initial map set up (13.231) but are considered predominatly a east-west road, suspect counters are placed on the EBE side of the non-road network. (as I understand on the road leading from the bridge towards the EBE but are not part of the actual "Road Network").

I hope this helps a bit

bos
28 Oct 08, 06:57
So, is it in the road hex west (FBE side) of each Road Network bridge, and in the road hex east (EBE side) of each non-Road Network bridge, as long as said bridge is part of a predominately east-west road?

Paullus
28 Oct 08, 14:58
So, is it in the road hex west (FBE side) of each Road Network bridge, and in the road hex east (EBE side) of each non-Road Network bridge, as long as said bridge is part of a predominately east-west road?

Yes. If it is the Road Network Bridge - one in each road hex west of the road and if it is not a bridge in the Road network but a bridge in a non-Road Network (predominately east-west) on the EBE side.

Graystonw
01 Nov 08, 23:26
I guess this leaves me with one more question.

Do you put an S? in every hex west of the road network bridge, i.e. every single road hex that is not w/in 3 hexes of the FBE will get an S?, or do you put an S? in the hex immediately adjacent to the road network bridge?

Paullus
04 Nov 08, 13:42
I guess this leaves me with one more question.

Do you put an S? in every hex west of the road network bridge, i.e. every single road hex that is not w/in 3 hexes of the FBE will get an S?, or do you put an S? in the hex immediately adjacent to the road network bridge?

You put a S? in every hex.

bos
05 Nov 08, 04:50
You put a S? in every hex.

Wow, that makes this mission really really hard. I've played as one S? for each road network bridge and it was tough enough catching up and killing the retreaters with the dudes hiding in the terrain around the road to slow you up. With one in every road hex leading from the bridge all the way to the FBE, there will be far more "rear guards" than actual retreaters!

Graystonw
05 Nov 08, 07:23
That's a lot of S? to wade through. It seems that the strategy for this one has to be to blast everything you see to compensate for the VP they will get from exit and blowing the bridges.

M.A.
08 Dec 08, 07:40
hi guys,
I'm experiencing the same difficulties in understanding Mission 15 placing of S.
According to the mission card, black S must be placed in every road hex west of the road network bridge, but not on a network road hex.
That is (IMO) because grey S must be placed in every OTHER road network hex.
If black S are placed on the road network hexes west of the bridge,the grey ones will be placed east of the bridge (OTHER...) allowing the defender to immediately blow the bridge.
Am i missing something? or maybe grey and black must be palced together on the west network hexes?
For sure this rule should be re-written.
BTW...what if there are two ore more network road bridges?
thx.

bos
11 Dec 08, 23:05
It's my opinion that packing the road full of black S? basically means your company should turn around and go home if you get an AC #3. Even under AC #2, the game is for masochists. If you really want to play that way, then you probably need to read "every other" for the grey S? as "alternating". That is, start with the sixth from the FBE, place an S?, skip a hex, place an S?, etc. I suppose this would have you double up many hexes with S?, but that is okay.

I, however, got a pretty enjoyable and more average-difficulty game by playing as follows:

Place a SINGLE black S? per intact bridge.

If the bridge is on the "Road Network" (the shortest path), then the S? is placed in the in the road hex on the FBE side of the bridge.

Realism: This is a possible unit in aggressive blocking position on the line of retreat.

For intact bridges is not on the "Road Network", but is still on a road which leads mostly from FBE to EBE, then the S? is placed in the adjacent road hex on the EBE side.

Realism: The unit, if present, is a basic bridge guard on the ENEMY side.

Non-intact bridges (due to S13.5) do not get an S?. Assign one if you want for additional challenge, but: Orders to guard a blown bridge? Even ASL is not THAT realistic.

The grey S?'s are placed in alternating (my reading of "every other" :-)) road hexes along the Road Network. For a more challenging game, place them in every road hex on the Road Network, except the ones already occupied by black S? (whether due to the bridge guards or 4.1e placing S? in road/woods hexes, etc).

M.A.
12 Dec 08, 05:08
probably i'll use my house rules too to play this mission.
It's a matter of fact that these setup rules are totally obscure and that a re-writing is necessary.