PDA

View Full Version : Today Is First Friday In The Month -New Game?????

KEYSTONE07950
01 Feb 08, 09:12
Doesn't HPS release new games on the first Friday of the month? Maybe we'll have a pleasant suprise today.

More Squad Battles!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can alway hope.

rahamy
01 Feb 08, 13:58
Sorry, not this month...maybe next? :cool:

TheBigRedOne
06 Feb 08, 10:11
Interesting.

Anyone have any thoughts/hopes/feelings as to what may be next in the SB pipeline?

FastPhil
06 Feb 08, 14:37
Interesting.

Anyone have any thoughts/hopes/feelings as to what may be next in the SB pipeline?

How about:

SB-ROTR-Retreat of the Reich
SB-DR- The Desert Rats
SB-MN-Mare Nostrum-the Battles for Greece, Italy, and the Balkans
SB-Fall of France/Operation Sealion

Rifleman95th
06 Feb 08, 14:47
How about:

SB-ROTR-Retreat of the Reich
SB-DR- The Desert Rats
SB-MN-Mare Nostrum-the Battles for Greece, Italy, and the Balkans
SB-Fall of France/Operation Sealion

I like 'em all. Though my two choices would be the Battle for Italy (including Crete) and one that I have never thought of before, the Fall of France. :D:)

Dave68124
07 Feb 08, 01:40
I like 'em all. Though my two choices would be the Battle for Italy (including Crete) and one that I have never thought of before, the Fall of France. :D:)

The biggest issue with SB is you need a good list of small unit action. I believe a Crete or Italy game would have a lot of potential as well as a Market-Garden game. A hypothetical Sealion game could have some potential, but why go to a hypothetical game when there is such good historical material left uncovered.

KEYSTONE07950
12 Feb 08, 17:34
Just give me the last 3 years of the Great Patriotic War with armored turret facing, along with the same editors from the SAW game and I'll be a happy camper.

Rifleman95th
13 Feb 08, 13:22
The biggest issue with SB is you need a good list of small unit action. I believe a Crete or Italy game would have a lot of potential as well as a Market-Garden game. A hypothetical Sealion game could have some potential, but why go to a hypothetical game when there is such good historical material left uncovered.

Sorry, I didn't pick up on the Sealion bit. I meant the invasion and fall of France -'39/40 period. I agree with your comment about untouched historical material.

A big plus for me with Italy and Crete is that we get to play with the Kiwis :D

Gary McClellan
13 Feb 08, 14:15
Honestly, I'd be more interested in something more modern.

A game on the Arab-Israeli wars, 48,56,67 and 73. Now, alot of those battles were armor heavy, but there are still good infantry actions.

A bunch of them in the 48 war, before everyone got mounds of tanks
In 67, the battles for Jerusalem
In 73, Chinese Farm

All of those would have great potential for the SB engine.

FastPhil
13 Feb 08, 14:30
big plus for me with Italy and Crete is that we get to play with the Kiwis

Nah, you don't need Italy or Crete to play with the Kiwis (fuzzy little buggers that they are:) )just stop at your local supermarket and pick up a couple.:stirthepot:

Glyn
13 Feb 08, 15:14
Would love to see some Commonwealth SB titles - N Africa, Italy or Greece. But I wouldn't mind seeing some based around the Fulda Gap or North German Plain series etc. :)

Though would kill to see a Falklands war or some title covering those engagements. :D

KEYSTONE07950
14 Feb 08, 11:34
Rich:
I think I know what the answer will be, I'll ask anyway. Will there be refinements/enhancements to the handling of tanks with the next game?

Unless we get only infantry scenerios, tank enhancement would be necessary for late war Russian / Germans, any WW3 central front game, or middle east conflict games.

rahamy
14 Feb 08, 16:39
A change has been made to the engine which will appear with the next title in the manner in which assaults are handled between armor and infantry in clear terrain - essentially modeling how infantry would be inclined to retire rather than stand and get run over and be eliminated. :bite:

Further refinements are possible, but remember the primary focus of this game engine is not on armor...

turbidite
16 Feb 08, 12:30
A change has been made to the engine which will appear with the next title in the manner in which assaults are handled between armor and infantry in clear terrain - essentially modeling how infantry would be inclined to retire rather than stand and get run over and be eliminated. :bite:

Further refinements are possible, but remember the primary focus of this game engine is not on armor...

Coming from a Pzc background I would envision this change as a retreat + change from onground mode to stand-up like the retreat rule for AT gun :-). I guess asking for more details about the rule would be inappropriate :hush:.

Short pres : been reading the forum for some months now, waiting for P&F to arrive to start experiencing sqb which should be a change after the huge pzc battles.

Since Rich is reminding that the primary focus of the game is infantry, I'm curious about the community suggestions for specific infantry behavior refinements as most of the requests I've seen in the previous posts are :

-more detailed armor behavior
-artillery and weapons effectiveness

and the only infantry related thing I remember seeing were sniper spotted when firing (could be solved by a percentage of chance of being detected according to weather and sniper location (type of hex)) and also infantry being spotted in buildings when standing up for far away.

Some other things were mentioned earlier like engineers to remove obstacles or supply but since the scn are quite shorts according to the information I have, obstacle removing is more in the pzc realm and supply can apparently be solved by coding appropriate reinforcements in the scn (supply drops as explained in task force echo four website). Maybe adding some specific hooks to trigger resupply or specific events ala TOAW ?

About maps which is another sore point frequently surfacing, I think Rich mentioned to John Maddox that some kind of map building kit for each title is being considered so the complains are being heard and maybe something will happen :cool: .

Joao Lima
17 Feb 08, 07:50
About maps which is another sore point frequently surfacing, I think Rich mentioned to John Maddox that some kind of map building kit for each title is being considered so the complains are being heard and maybe something will happen :cool: .

HE DID?... :crosseye:

rahamy
17 Feb 08, 09:24
Here's what I said, in my response to Don's comment on my Blog:

http://forums.gamesquad.com/blog.php?bt=528#comment528

Again though, not going to happen any time soon if it does materialize.

turbidite
17 Feb 08, 12:19
Here's what I said, in my response to Don's comment on my Blog:

http://forums.gamesquad.com/blog.php?bt=528#comment528

Again though, not going to happen any time soon if it does materialize.

That is it - didn't remember where I read it when posting my previous message, much to my shame I read more what I wanted to that what was plainly written ie "when a serie has ran its course" :mad: .

Yet a design kit specific to a theater could be an idea but would require some more developments that HPS probably cannot afford. I was thinking of a map building tool that would allow creating limited size map which would be tied to the game "exe" file like the Pzc maps are tied to the release they belong too. So you could create small Vietnam maps and those would only be usable with the Vietnam title and not with others.

rahamy
17 Feb 08, 15:46
It would be possible to do that - but something like this is already possible...using the sub-map feature you can chop up a smaller portion of a larger map to make a scenario. And many of the games ship with larger maps and almost no one is using this, so from a developers point of view its hard to see justifying the effort when people are barely scratching the surface of what is already in existence.

turbidite
17 Feb 08, 16:16
It would be possible to do that - but something like this is already possible...using the sub-map feature you can chop up a smaller portion of a larger map to make a scenario. And many of the games ship with larger maps and almost no one is using this, so from a developers point of view its hard to see justifying the effort when people are barely scratching the surface of what is already in existence.

Yep I know about this feature but as you probably know the main audience of those kind of games tend to be pretty picky and if an hamlet or a stream is not positioned where it was historically (or where they think/read it was... remembering heated Pzc discussions about unit placement).... :) .

If the submap feature would allow composition of several submaps from the larger maps (a bit like geomapper) maybe this would be a moot point but this starts to looks like a map editor in itself already (unfortunately).

By the way thanks for still discussing this as the regular resurgence of the topic must be boring at times but looking for potential solutions is not.

rahamy
17 Feb 08, 17:28
By the way thanks for still discussing this as the regular resurgence of the topic must be boring at times but looking for potential solutions is not.

Sure, we're wargamers too...so we really do understand the gamers position on things. We've just got to find a balance between what people want and what maintains a viable product for us to keep supporting! :cool:

bkolc
18 Feb 08, 07:43
I think the SB series needs to move in the direction of modern era warfare. AAW and SAW really highlight what the SB system does best: simulate small arms tactics. The system does not handle well higher level operational combat, which it is wasn't designed to do in the first place (at least I think).

KEYSTONE07950
18 Feb 08, 09:44
"AAW and SAW really highlight what the SB system does best: simulate small arms tactics"

Exactly, that is why we need more detailed armor system.

z1812
18 Feb 08, 19:02
Hi All,

I would like Warsaw Pact. In the Africa At War mod, modern weapons seem to work quite well with the SqB system. Bring on the Cold War. But make it hot.

regards John

Gary McClellan
05 Mar 08, 16:48
Sorry, not this month...maybe next? :cool:

Hmm....

Friday marks the "maybe next"...

FastPhil
06 Mar 08, 14:09
Hmm....

Friday marks the "maybe next"...

Have you ever heard the expresion "today is not your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either!" ? :clown:

sorry :cry: but 'maybe next .....' :nuts:

rahamy
06 Mar 08, 14:13
I will say that SB is not represented this month - but the next title is mastered and in production, so it won't be long...

Mike Cox
06 Mar 08, 21:49
Cool! Looking forward to filling my plate in coming months.

KEYSTONE07950
09 Mar 08, 10:35
I will say that SB is not represented this month - but the next title is mastered and in production, so it won't be long...

Rich:
I know you can't give any details of the new SB ....... but at least tell us what decade the game is set in. How about it?

rahamy
09 Mar 08, 15:38
Decade would be giving too much away. :D I will say its set in the 1900's though. :laugh:

Oh ok...and it's pre-1970... :crosseye:

KEYSTONE07950
09 Mar 08, 17:52
Ok. I know what it is. It's Pershings' pursuit of Villa, entitled SB-Pancho Villa!:nuts:

TheBigRedOne
09 Mar 08, 19:22
Squad Battles: Prehistoric.

Grog and his platoon of hunters are ambushed by a sizeable Cromagnon element. Support is available in the form of stones.

:)

FastPhil
11 Mar 08, 14:09
Squad Battles: Prehistoric.

Grog and his platoon of hunters are ambushed by a sizeable Cromagnon element. Support is available in the form of stones.

Weather variability: Ice Age, Interglacial Period, Little Ice Age, Global Warming and the Meltdown (for Ray Romano fans) :clown:

rahamy
27 Mar 08, 19:29
Hummm...almost the first Friday of the month coming around again.

Man its cold around here...:laugh:

KEYSTONE07950
27 Mar 08, 22:29

Is your cryptic comment indicative of the new SB offering? Ok, I'll bite - the new SB is a remake of the old SPI sci-fi/modern boardgame War In The Ice.
It's the only "cold around here" game I could think of.

Dave68124
27 Mar 08, 23:14

Nice teaser! :)

Looks like Eastern Front add-on or a out of the ballpark guess, Soviet-Finnish War.

TheBigRedOne
27 Mar 08, 23:33
With the winter we've had around here, I'm guessing SB: Wisconsin! :D

Snowing more as I type this!

FastPhil
28 Mar 08, 13:41
With the winter we've had around here, I'm guessing SB: Wisconsin! :D

Snowing more as I type this!

How about SB: Norway? Germans, Norwegians, Frenchies, and Brits. reindeer pulling sleds. Bergen, Narvik, Tromso.

Atle
28 Mar 08, 15:59
How about SB: Norway? Germans, Norwegians, Frenchies, and Brits. reindeer pulling sleds. Bergen, Narvik, Tromso.

Ah... Yeah, a SB:Norway would be a nice title.... Living in Bergen, that would be cool. Lots of interesting scenarios and campaigns for sure :smoke:

Rifleman95th
29 Mar 08, 00:11
Or my favourite - New Zealand invades Australia and makes it officially our West Island. I think the Queen will like that.

:D;) :D

Lohengrin
31 Mar 08, 18:14

My guess would be "Cold" War battles (fictional?)

KEYSTONE07950
31 Mar 08, 23:01
My guess would be "Cold" War battles (fictional?)

By Jove, I believe you've divined the truth. The only topic I'd rather see than mid 1980's cold war is 1943-1945 Russo-German.

Glyn
01 Apr 08, 04:52
Well it looks like the Cat is already out of the bag over at Wargamer.com :smoke:

jztemple
01 Apr 08, 07:56
Just noticed that one of the screenshots of the new game over at the Wargamer looks like a map (not the sub-map) editor. Isn't this new to the series? Will we be able to make our own maps, or is this a dev tool that just happened to show up in a screenie?

rahamy
01 Apr 08, 08:04
No map editor, I just used it to make the screen shot to show people how big some of the maps are...I redid the image for the back cover of the game using the scenario editor, but the press pack didn't get updated.

KEYSTONE07950
01 Apr 08, 08:48
Well it looks like the Cat is already out of the bag over at Wargamer.com :smoke:

I'll certainly purchase this new SB to support the system. Winter War wouldn't have been high on my list though.

FastPhil
01 Apr 08, 13:14
The truth is out! http://www.wargamer.com/articles/HPSwinterwar/ Winter War is soon to be released.:joy:

jztemple
01 Apr 08, 13:35
The truth is out! http://www.wargamer.com/articles/HPSwinterwar/ Winter War is soon to be released.:joy:

Clicking on the link gets a page with this error message:

Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

Did someone jump the gun?

rahamy
01 Apr 08, 13:44
Clicking on the link gets a page with this error message:

Did someone jump the gun?

Yes, definitely. :crosseye:

TheBigRedOne
01 Apr 08, 13:57
Code Red time.

FastPhil
01 Apr 08, 18:42
Yes, definitely. :crosseye:

not me! :OHNO:

KEYSTONE07950
28 Apr 08, 13:51
We're coming up to the first Friday in May. Anything new coming our way?

BTW - Love Winter War. Great fun.

FastPhil
28 Apr 08, 14:07
We're coming up to the first Friday in May. Anything new coming our way?

BTW - Love Winter War. Great fun.

Tired of WW already?:laugh: Or just can't kick the habit? :cheeky: I don't think anything else in SB is due yet. You know how slow the playtesters are.:argh: But maybe we will get some other genres-PZC, MBC or NC.:hurray:
I need two more new games to come out so I can get the buy 4 get the 5th one free.:vsign:

turbidite
29 Apr 08, 13:39
Tired of WW already?:laugh: Or just can't kick the habit? :cheeky: I don't think anything else in SB is due yet.

I'm surely not aware of anything but if some of you have attentively read the updated manual in the latest SAW update you'll see somebody is having fun with rather modern stuff.... (who reads the manual anyway :devious: )

hints :

M-54 SADM in "timer detonation"
"However, there was a larger version of the M-54 warhead, which was selectible in power up to approximately 1 kiloton (the M-54 SADM--special atomic demolition munition). This may have been confused with the Davy Crockett in the M38A1 article. The M-54 SADM was not deployed as a projectile, but was intended to be set by a demolition team, with a timer to allow the team to clear the target area. "

M84 grenade in "stun weapons"
The XM84 Stun Grenade is a non-fragmentation, non-lethal "Flash And Bang" stun grenade that is intended to provide a reliable, effective non-lethal means of neutralizing & disorienting enemy personnel.

The M84 non-lethal stun grenade is a non-lethal, low hazard, non-shrapnel producing explosive device intended to confuse, disorient or momentarily distract potential threat personnel. The device produces a temporary incapacitation to threat personnel or innocent by standers. This device will be used by military personnel in hostage rescue situations and in the capture of criminals, terrorists or other adversaries. It provides commanders a non-lethal capability to increase the flexibility in the application of force during military operations.

Detonating the M84 Stun Grenade in the presence of natural gas, gasoline, or other highly flammable fumes or materials may cause a serious secondary explosion or fire, resulting in death, or severe injury to friendly forces or unintended victims, as well as serious property damage. The operator must wear proper hearing protection when employing the M84. Injury to personnel could result if the grenade functions prior to being deployed.

The M84 contains a minimal amount of explosives and, when initiated, produces illumination through oxidation (burning) of the components of the charge. Some non-toxic smoke is produced in minimal amounts. In the event the grenade functions prematurely or bounces back when tossed, the user could feel the effects of the grenade. Approved eye protection should be worn when employing the M84 to preclude possible damage to the eyes. The grenade when initiated produces an intense ?bang?. The noise levels will be above 170 decibels within 5 feet of initiation. The user must wear approved single hearing protection when employing the grenade in the event of a premature functioning or bounce back when tossed. Activation of the M84 should not ignite paper or cloth. However, other hazards such as volatile fumes in the space where the grenade will detonate should be considered prior to tossing it into a closed structure.

The US Army Military Police Corps is involved in missions that require the use of a stun hand grenade (diversionary device) to confuse, disorient, or momentarily distract a potential threat. The device will be used to apply the minimum force necessary by tactical and non-tactical forces while performing missions of hostage rescue and capture of criminals, terrorists and other adversaries. The congressionally mandated Soldier Enhancement Program (SEP), of which one purpose is to enhance the survivability items used by the US Army soldier, is the initiative to provide this increased level of protection.

* Nomenclature: Grenade, hand, non-lethal (stun) M84
* NSN: 1330-01-459-8141
* DODIC: GG09
* Fuse: M201A1 with a delay time of 1.0 to 2.3 seconds.
* Payload: Pyrotechnic metal-oxidant mix of Magnesium & Ammonium
* Packaging: 3 Grenades per M19A1 metal container; 4 M19A1's per wire bound box.
* Hazard Classification: 1.4G
* Weights: Grenade 0/a 13.2 ounces payload charge: 4.5 grams
* Diameter: 1.73 inches
* Length: 5.25 inches

KEYSTONE07950
02 May 08, 17:23
The first Friday in June is the 6th. Hoping for a modern SB for the summer.

TheBigRedOne
02 May 08, 17:41
HPS took about a year between releases of Soviet-Afghan and Winter War, and several years between Pacific War and SAW. I think hoping for a new game so quickly on the heels of one might be a bit of wishful thinking.

KEYSTONE07950
02 May 08, 23:42
Wishful thinking is the best kind of thinking - it costs nothing.

I'm always optimistic the "perfect" squad level game is just around the corner.

KEYSTONE07950
23 Jun 08, 09:03
First Friday in July is the 4th. Will we have any new toys for the summer?

jztemple
24 Jun 08, 08:46
Or maybe some updates to the older games to bring them up to the SAW 1.01 changes?

rahamy
24 Jun 08, 09:15
There will be updates to the older games, but not until the next title is released...it takes a lot of work to generate, test & release updates for a now 9 game series, so we won't be doing it for every game after every release...but we will endeavor to keep the titles pretty current. And we still have plans to finish the 3D roll out, but we've had delays on the graphics side of things so it is taking longer than we had hoped.

jztemple
24 Jun 08, 10:28
I have Winter War on order, but I guess I'll ask the question. Is Winter War 1.0 the same version as SAW 1.01, or have there been additional updates?

rahamy
24 Jun 08, 10:34
That's the same level of the engine...all other games in the series are at the SAW 1.0 level.

Wodin
26 Jun 08, 14:43
Seem to be waiting a long time for the 2nd Russian Front game.

Also do Germany make an appearance in the Winter War game?

TheBigRedOne
26 Jun 08, 15:23
Also do Germany make an appearance in the Winter War game?

Yes. Not a huge appearance to my recollection, but some.

rahamy
26 Jun 08, 15:25
Yes, there's some Germans in WW - for the War of Continuation scenarios.

The 2nd Eastern Front game is in the works, but other projects were further along so have taken precedence...we also had a couple year lag when the old SB team dispersed until I was able to get the new one in place.

More is certainly on the way for this series though!

Wodin
26 Jun 08, 22:29
we also had a couple year lag when the old SB team dispersed until I was able to get the new one in place.

Wish you'd have asked me :)

rahamy
27 Jun 08, 05:11
The entire team was pulled from the community...be active & maybe design some stuff on your own and you never know what doors will open up. :D

Wodin
27 Jun 08, 10:44
Made a couple of mods and an AAR over at Task Force Echo

TheBigRedOne
27 Jun 08, 11:14
Made a couple of mods and an AAR over at Task Force Echo

I recall when you joined the SB community, Jason. You were gung-ho from the get-go, but then you vanished for the next few years, basically. The last game you registered on the Blitz was 2005 and you haven't joined the ladder here or played in any of the tourney's. It might have been hard to really know if you were active in the SB community any longer, I'd guess.

Wodin
27 Jun 08, 16:11
My lack of input has been due to serious problems at home. From a tumour of the pituatary gland upto a severe addiction I'm trying to overcome.

I shall be back!!

I love the series.

TheBigRedOne
27 Jun 08, 16:36
I hope that you didn't think that I was criticizing you, especially after what you're going through, I was just trying to give an explaination as to how Rich cultivated his team, usually asking from within the active community.

SB is an excellent hobby, I do agree!

rahamy
01 Jul 08, 17:41
Will keep you in mind Jason...actually went to bring you on board a few years ago just before you dropped off the radar. All set on testers right now, but things change.

Hope the healing process is quick and complete!

Mike Cox
04 Jul 08, 20:21
No Joy in July! Unless the holiday changes things... I was so looking forward to PzCamp: Poland '20! ;)

trauth116
05 Jul 08, 01:47
It would also be wrong to assume that active community necessarily correlates to clubs and ladders.

Glad to see you around Wodin :)

KEYSTONE07950
25 Jul 08, 09:29
Next Friday is the first Friday of August. Any new games coming - SB or otherwise?

rahamy
25 Jul 08, 09:46
All I can say is we have about 3 titles very close to wrapping up...so before the end of the year you should see at least them. No comments on the series or titles though, you'll just have to exercise some patience . :D

TheBigRedOne
25 Jul 08, 09:59
It would also be wrong to assume that active community necessarily correlates to clubs and ladders.

In Rich's defense, not that he needs it, due to heavy time constraints and the like, the only real way for him to see who is outwardly active in the SB community is through following ladders, tourneys and folks posting on the boards. The people very active in those realms are probably a pretty good core of folks to tap into when it comes to design and playtesting.

jztemple
25 Jul 08, 14:19
...you'll just have to exercise some patience . :D

Sadly my patience is woefully out of shape. It sits around the house all day, complaining of the lack of new concepts in the world of wargaming, the difficulty of getting fifteen year old games to run in Vista, and moaning about how it never should have gotten rid of that copy of Campaign For North Africa which by now could probably be sold on eBay to fund his retirement. Sadly, if he did sell his CFNA, he wouldn't have a decent reason to retire anymore.

rahamy
25 Jul 08, 16:18
Ahhh, sorry to hear you went the Vista rout...I'll be running XP for years yet on current hardware.

junk2drive
25 Jul 08, 23:44
I'm still waiting to see all the SBs with 3D.

z1812
26 Jul 08, 20:28
Hi All,

I would really prefer a modern battlefield with a Warsaw Pact, Nato theme.

But my choice, even before that, would be to pay for a proper map editing program.

Regards John

trauth116
26 Jul 08, 20:50
In Rich's defense, not that he needs it, due to heavy time constraints and the like, the only real way for him to see who is outwardly active in the SB community is through following ladders, tourneys and folks posting on the boards. The people very active in those realms are probably a pretty good core of folks to tap into when it comes to design and playtesting.

BRO - look, I wrote that for people that might be interested in play testing (not specifically SB), and meant that those were not the only routes to that end is all. It was not taking a shot at clubs, or ladders -that wasn't what I meant at all.

Edited to add: Of course what you'd written was entirely valid as well.

Mike Cox
01 Aug 08, 13:47
Looks like a quiet summer on the HPS front. Don't they know it's campaign season!

;)

KEYSTONE07950
02 Oct 08, 21:13
Tomorrow is the first Friday in October. After a quiet HPS summer, maybe something good is coming our way tomorrow?

tallin
03 Oct 08, 11:08
Alas, it looks like it is going to be another quiet first Friday of the month. 'sniff'

rahamy
03 Oct 08, 12:58
See my Blog...

KEYSTONE07950
06 Feb 09, 09:30
First Friday in February. Hope springs eternal. Anything new coming - other than baseball season?

rahamy
06 Feb 09, 10:37
Not this month...but soon...

tallin
06 Feb 09, 11:20
The good thing is that this is a short month so we won't have as long to wait until next month's first Friday:D

eastwindrain
06 Feb 09, 11:34
OK this is the Squad Battles forums but it was Dec 2007 since the last Panzer/Modern Campaign game was released.
I've got the cash but it seems to be going on WW2 books.

Is it true that the War on Terror is to blame as I've read of various souls involved with HPS games being called back to the Armed Forces.
Since 9/11 stocks and shares worldwide have fallen and pension's have taken a pounding along with everyone's savings.

KEYSTONE07950
06 Feb 09, 17:22
I try to support HPS by purchasing almost all of their products. I'm hoping for the following this year:
1) POA3 - WWII
2) SB - '43-'43 Russo-German
3) SB - Nato v Pact mid '80's.

eastwindrain
06 Feb 09, 18:40
Yes I support HPS as well but as I prefer the campaign games you cannot possibly play everything. Bought Korsun secondhand ,this was my first HPS game but just could not get into it, however I bought Kursk and have not looked back.
Must have well over 50 HPS games but I prefer PZC pbem games and the only other game I play is War in the Pacific also pbem.
Have all the Squad Battles games up to SAW but it's the free time factor !!!.
The campaign games are great value for money.

rahamy
06 Feb 09, 23:07
There will be more PZC titles coming out, as well as the Total War series, etc. - but that set of teams has been bogged down for a while on various things. I believe you'll see somthing new from them in '09 though if all goes well.

eastwindrain
07 Feb 09, 06:24
Thanks again for taking the time to keep us informed of the ongoing projects.

I should point out that since buying Kursk, I bought all the various games on the release date mainly from NWS, as the exchange rate for the UK was so good even with postage.

But since the DF'85 was released the economic downturn has taken it's toll on the pound, so Duchet is now probably the best option for European gamer's.

Rifleman95th
08 Feb 09, 05:44
Thanks again for taking the time to keep us informed of the ongoing projects.

I should point out that since buying Kursk, I bought all the various games on the release date mainly from NWS, as the exchange rate for the UK was so good even with postage.

But since the DF'85 was released the economic downturn has taken it's toll on the pound, so Duchet is now probably the best option for European gamer's.

Same with us here in New Zealand. Over the last three or four years our New Zealand dollar has been at a level that has made the online order reasonable (though still below the US dollar and UK pound). However, in the last six or so months it has fallen considerably against the US and the pound. At the moment I think it is around 51c NZ to the US dollar.

Consequently buying games online is noticably more expensive - especially if hit with a high postage.

In January I didn't go through with two purchasers due to the price. One was because of the high add on cost of the postage from the developer (much higher than when I have sent similar packages up to the UK or the States). Last year I would have definitely purchased them.

It makes downloadable games more appealing (especially if they are reasonable priced).

KEYSTONE07950
05 Mar 09, 08:39
Not this month...but soon...

Hope for something new tomorrow. Any series would be good. Even though I have more HPS games than I can possibly play in a lifetime. Hey, same for SL - ASL, I have all "official" products, couldn't play it all in a lifetime and I'm not getting any younger.

rahamy
05 Mar 09, 09:39
I think you'll be happy. :)

KEYSTONE07950
06 Mar 09, 08:41
I think you'll be happy. :)

Yes I am. Musket & Pike looks great! Chancellorsville is a must buy also.:D

Landser34
06 Mar 09, 13:34
games look good if only I had time to play them especially the Civil War games which I have 2 but dont have alot of time for playing them but that is one of my favorite periods in history.

Rifleman95th
08 Mar 09, 15:26
REN - Ripper. Looks like it will really hit the spot with pike and musket lovers.

Thanks HPS. I have just ordered.

KEYSTONE07950
04 Nov 10, 08:59
Hoping for first Panzer Battle release tomorrow or Nato/Pact Squad Battles tomorrow.

trauth116
05 Nov 10, 06:56
I didn't get any press release this week - so can assume no releases for November. (Given the wording Glenn Saunders' posted on the Blitz, a week or so ago - it is not really that surprising.).

KEYSTONE07950
02 Dec 10, 08:51
Maybe a Panzer Battles release tomorrow? Hint on the wargamer.com said something about 1943 - Panzer Battles Kursk would be welcome.

TheBigRedOne
03 Dec 10, 15:15
A new Panzer Campaigns came out and the announcement that John Tiller Software will be distributing his new games, not HPS.

Also the introduction of the digital download, with a little bit of controversy for good measure....