PDA

View Full Version : Afghan Adventure

rahamy
03 Dec 07, 14:39
Here's the page for the new tourney:

http://forums.gamesquad.com/wfhq-ld-tourney-details.php?id=77

Have 14 of the 16 players who have signed up so far added in...as per my other post, need the other two to join the ladder.

Still have room for more people too...so jump on it if you are interested. Should be kicking off in the next few days.

TheBigRedOne
03 Dec 07, 14:50
I'm on the ladder but not included in the list. Count me in for the Tourney....

reapagan
03 Dec 07, 16:01
If theres room I'll play.

pm4ck
03 Dec 07, 16:05
just seen the link on the wargamer, as above if there is room im there

pm4ck

z1812
03 Dec 07, 20:23
Hi All,

I also would like to take part.

Regards John

rahamy
03 Dec 07, 21:17
Ok, adding you guys in now...

rastajp
04 Dec 07, 02:25
would like to enter tourney if room...thanks

ernies
04 Dec 07, 08:50
Please add me to the tournament.

rahamy
04 Dec 07, 16:30
Great turn out guys...we're looking at about 24 players - counting the few I'm waiting to join the ladder.

Joao Lima
06 Dec 07, 11:06
What about scenarios? Any decision?

rahamy
06 Dec 07, 11:22
Yes, but I posted it into the other thread, sorry:

Here's the scenarios I'm proposing for a 3-round tourney of mirrored games...my usual. :cool:

020.Tsawkey1.scn
018.A rude awakening.scn
011.Order of the Red Star.scn

No word from Gary yet, so I'm going to kick this thing off shortly...got some work to do, but I'll fit this in.

rahamy
07 Dec 07, 09:53
The Tourney page is now up to date with pairings, etc.

I'll be sending out a mailing shortly to get you guys rolling on your games.

The Optional Rules to be used for this tournament are:

Helicopter Hovering
Vehicle Fire Over
Quality Loss Modifier

Two games are to be played for each round, one scenario mirrored. You may play them one at a time or simultaneously, up to the players.

rahamy
07 Dec 07, 10:07
Guys,

I just sent an e-mail out to each team for this tourney with all the specifics...if you did not get it for some reason please let me know!

Good luck!
Rich

Paulinski
07 Dec 07, 10:11
Sheweet :)

I just e-mailed my opponent. I'm ready to go.

Mike Cox
07 Dec 07, 16:47
Somehow, I don't think the pairings were random.... me vs Oz! Looking forward to it!

rahamy
07 Dec 07, 22:06
Come now Mike, would I do that to you?? :D

Now Lee...I almost fixed him up...:clown:

BTW - I was brain dead and didn't activate the scenario round, but it is "Running" now - so everyone should be able to see all the details on the tourney page now. Let me know if not.

Shotgun Messiah
07 Dec 07, 23:29
Don't feel bad Rich, Oz and I dabbled a few times in the Korea testing phases.... a fierce competitor

Joao Lima
08 Dec 07, 04:38
Sheweet :)

I just e-mailed my opponent. I'm ready to go.

Mate,

I answered to you, not sure if you got my email, but in any case, just send the files over so that I can :bite: your forces.

Dazooz
08 Dec 07, 09:04
Sent first turn out!

Ozgur Budak
08 Dec 07, 13:09
Sounds like a Hamilton conspiracy. :( I expect Jeff or Lee next round :rolleyes: :)

Mike Cox
09 Dec 07, 16:04
Files sent Oz.

Ozgur Budak
10 Dec 07, 03:57
Received. A bit busy with the work and baby nowadays.

Mike Cox
12 Dec 07, 20:02
Oz and I have completed the first of the mirror games. Oz proved once again to be one of the best players I have ever seen, claiming a DRA minor victory and nearly grabbing a major DRA win.

TheBigRedOne
13 Dec 07, 16:36
Oz and I have completed the first of the mirror games. Oz proved once again to be one of the best players I have ever seen, claiming a DRA minor victory and nearly grabbing a major DRA win.

In the immortal words of Animal Mother: "Better you than me."

:D

FastPhil
14 Dec 07, 14:55
Off and Running :cool:

Glyn
14 Dec 07, 16:26
Myself and Pete are off and running..:)

rahamy
15 Dec 07, 08:15
We've got 5 completed games so far...points are posted on the tourney page...nice start to our little adventure. :D

Ozgur Budak
17 Dec 07, 05:29
Mike and I completed our mirror games. It is one of the most enjoyable mirrors I played. It had tension, drama and careful planning to succeed. Thanks to Mike for creating such a nice scenario and strong challenge.

rahamy
17 Dec 07, 21:51
With the two reports that just rolled in we are almost at the half way mark for completed games...good going guys!

That's one nice thing about SB games...doesn't take months to finish them!! :D

TheBigRedOne
18 Dec 07, 09:03
Bob and I are off to a bit of a slow start (two turns in both games done), but hope to pick it up over the next few days before I head out of town for Christmas.....

Mike Cox
19 Dec 07, 18:59
Moving right along, quite a few reports starting to trickle in.

One that that is helpful when checking the points for the round is that when you report the game, please make sure you match it to the correct game of the mirror. In Round 1, Mujahideen are listed first, DRA second.

rahamy
22 Dec 07, 16:23
I just re-posted Joao's & Paulinski's matches as the system had a little hiccup and they got deleted. The tournament page should be up to date now. If something is missing please let me know.

FastPhil
27 Jan 08, 01:05
Well our matches are done. ended in Minor victories for the Soviets in both cases. :)

rahamy
27 Jan 08, 09:00
Only 6 matches left outstanding as of this morning...almost there guys!

TheBigRedOne
29 Jan 08, 08:42
Bob and I should be finished this week, I've been the hold up lately.....

rahamy
01 Feb 08, 07:12
And the last game report is in...stand by for the next round of pairings!

Oh, and very happy to see everyone complete the first round...can we have the entire group finish the whole tourney?? It would be a first if it happens! :cool:

rahamy
01 Feb 08, 07:28
<sigh>, I spaced out...I forgot that Dale dropped after completing his first two games, so I'll be stepping in to fill that gap. It was a nice thought while it lasted though! :D

rahamy
01 Feb 08, 07:28
New pairings are posted:

Shotgun Messiah
04 Feb 08, 00:54
Somehow I knew I was going to be paired up with Ozgur... oh the horror, the HORROR!!!

Ozgur Budak
04 Feb 08, 17:58
Somehow I knew I was going to be paired up with Ozgur... oh the horror, the HORROR!!!

Exactly the same feeling here Lee. Fortunately no Japanese troops around. :)

TheBigRedOne
05 Feb 08, 14:41
The Clash of the SB Titans!

Two man enter. One man leave.

Shotgun Messiah
07 Feb 08, 20:43
Exactly the same feeling here Lee. Fortunately no Japanese troops around. :)

Damn which button is the Banzai Attack again?

z1812
16 Feb 08, 12:24
Hi All,

Has round 2 started yet?

Regards John

rahamy
16 Feb 08, 13:54
Yes! I sent the kick off notice out on Feb. 1st. See the tourney page for pairings:

The scenario for this round is 018.A Rude Awakening

Let me know if you have any problems.

rahamy
22 Feb 08, 13:59
We just finished our first match...how are the rest of you coming along?

Dazooz
23 Feb 08, 14:23
Just finished match with pm4ck!

rahamy
26 Feb 08, 19:55
Got a couple more reports in tonight as well...moving right along!

TheBigRedOne
27 Feb 08, 07:32
Dave and I are about half way through both games and moving along well after we both took a bit of time off to handle some real-life stuff.

TheBigRedOne
09 Mar 08, 18:31
For the first time in about a year, I am not the last guy to report a Tourney game!

rahamy
09 Mar 08, 22:07
:D:D:D

Thanks guys, still quite a few more to come in though.

rahamy
21 Mar 08, 23:26
Had a couple more reports come in tonight, and my last match with Miguel is on the last turn...so that leaves 10 games outstanding...how we doing on those guys?

TheBigRedOne
22 Mar 08, 11:40
This isn't a big issue, but when people report the game on the tourney board, they should pay attention to the fact that the first player named is the Soviet and the second is the Muj. There are several reports where people who are awarded 10 points for a Muj major victory, but they are listed as being the Soviet player. Just makes it confusing initially to see how the games really went, although everyone has reported the correct number of points for themselves, which is probably more important....

Here's an example copied from the board. I'm not picking on you guys, keep in mind....

A rude awakening (SOVIET vs MUJAHIDEEN)
Atle (10) vs NuclearDad (2) MUJAHIDEEN Major Victory (2008-02-26)

Atle gets 10 points as the Soviet player for a Muj major win.....

Mike Cox
23 Mar 08, 16:51
We are getting down to it. I might be able to squeak out a Soviet Draw, with a little luck. John's Soviets are faring less well in the mirror. We have 3 turns to go.

FastPhil
24 Mar 08, 12:30
Ernie and I are making progress. Soviet air support is on the board. It could end with Soviets losing both games. :cry:

Paulinski
31 Mar 08, 16:12
Its one tough scenario for the Russians. My DSHK was very effective delaying entire Soviet advance from the east.

TheBigRedOne
31 Mar 08, 16:31
Its one tough scenario for the Russians. My DSHK was very effective delaying entire Soviet advance from the east.

Nothing that a well placed sniper round couldn't have solved!

FastPhil
05 Apr 08, 17:32
Ernie and I have just completed our matches with both getting majors as the Afghans.

rahamy
05 Apr 08, 17:40
And then there were 6 (outstanding games...)

Almost there guys, come on!

Paulinski
06 Apr 08, 09:49
Nothing that a well placed sniper round couldn't have solved!

The Russian's SVD scopes must have not bee sighted correctly because the crew survived their attempts. :)

Ozgur Budak
06 Apr 08, 11:35
Just a reminder guys: In the game there are two versions of SVD. One is sniper version, other one is squad level support rifle version. The former has higher lethality. Actually both weapons are same but it was a decision I and Mike had to make in the sake of accurate gameplay.

rahamy
11 Apr 08, 08:59
Only 4 matches left outstanding now...looking good for moving on to round 3 next week.

Mike Cox
14 Apr 08, 13:50
Any hint on how the clash of Titans is going between Oz and Shotgun?

rahamy
14 Apr 08, 17:03
They only have a few turns left on either match so I told them we would wait for them...have "spoken" to both of them this week, so we don't have either MIA.

Shotgun Messiah
20 Apr 08, 11:28
Its all over but the shoutin!!!
Ozgur trashed me as was expected.. once he posts the results we can advance.
hangin my head in shame...... I'll catch him in the Jungles and seek my revenge
Lee

rahamy
20 Apr 08, 13:41
No shame in getting beat by Oz, that's for sure!

Got the reports and and I will be generating the new pairings for the final round very soon!

Ozgur Budak
20 Apr 08, 13:49
My honorable opponent Lee put up a stiff fight. A couple of minor things and lucky moves decided the outcome.

rahamy
20 Apr 08, 13:59
3rd round pairings are posted and an e-mail has been sent to all...let me know if you have any problems!

Shotgun Messiah
05 May 08, 22:49
having trouble contacting my opponent.pm4ck12 anybody heard from him of late?
Lee

rahamy
06 May 08, 07:04
Nope, but have you tried to send him a PM (Private Message) through the forums? There's always a chance there's an e-mail issue...

Thanks for following up on this too...if the PM doesn't work I can try and track him down for you.

rahamy
05 Jun 08, 22:17
Gents - when reporting your games please make sure to mark them as "tournament" games, so they can be tied into the system. At least one set of matches had a players scores entered but no game records. I have removed those until we see proper game reports submitted.

Thanks!

Dazooz
24 Jun 08, 09:14
Finished with our 3rd round games.

rahamy
02 Jul 08, 22:03
Reports rolling in quite briskly for round 3...only 8 matches left outstanding!

TheBigRedOne
03 Jul 08, 07:18
Glyn and I have 5 turns remaining, so within the next two weeks.

Mike Cox
03 Jul 08, 11:43
Nik B and I have 2 turns left on our final game. We should be done this weekend with any luck.

TheBigRedOne
15 Jul 08, 08:55
Glyn and I are now finished.

Mike Cox
18 Jul 08, 18:22
We have 5 matches outstanding - anyone want to comment on how they are progressing?

rahamy
19 Jul 08, 09:38
John & I are in the last few turns of our match...the Muj. (me) are getting very bloodied, but are holding the Soviets to a major loss at this point...will be a tense last few turns!

Mike Cox
30 Jul 08, 14:47
Status check on the remaining games?

reapagan
30 Jul 08, 20:19
I had major problems with my computer, lost everything, and took way too long to resolve, good to go now. Been trying to re connect with RASTAJP to finish up. We really dont have too much to go. Hopefully we can finish quick.

Mike Rea

rahamy
30 Jul 08, 22:15
Last turn of second game...will be done sometime this week.

rahamy
02 Aug 08, 16:42
We just wrapped up our game and reported it...4 still outstanding though!

rahamy
11 Aug 08, 07:05
Two teams seem to be MIA:

pm4ck vs Shotgun Messiah

ratajp vs reapagan

Anyone in touch with these guys? Would be nice to go ahead and put the wraps on this tourney and get points awarded, etc.

TheBigRedOne
11 Aug 08, 13:07
I'm thinking that a finish date of next Monday is more than fair. At that point this round will be going on nearly 4 months. Lee did make mention early on that the was having trouble contacting his opponent, but that was back in May.

rahamy
14 Aug 08, 12:37
I've sent a note to all 4 outstanding players and have received a response from only one. We'll see what the weekend turns up, but I agree that come next week we'll wrap this up one way or the other.

Unfortunate as this tourney was moving along so well...all games completed for the first two rounds...I hate loose ends. :(

rahamy
18 Aug 08, 18:22
I have now heard from one member of each of the two outstanding teams and it is certain that none of the remaining four games will be registered, so I am officially calling this tourney completed.

Accordingly, I'm please to announce to top three players:

Ozgur Budak: 56
Mike Cox: 46
sergeant610: 46

I've spoken with Mike & Jeff and we've agreed to call it a tie for 2nd and split the 2nd & 3rd place points between the two of them rather than playing a tie breaker match. Accordingly I will award ladder points here shortly and also conduct the drawing for the free game.

Thanks to all who participated, hope you enjoyed it, and hope you all can join us for the Winter War tourney later this Fall!

Regards,
Rich

Dazooz
19 Aug 08, 00:58
Nice job on the tournament guys! Oz, you rule.

Mike Cox
19 Aug 08, 01:33
Thanks Rich!

And yes, Oz does rule.

Rifleman95th
19 Aug 08, 01:51
Excellent result Oz :) Congrats on the 'gold'.

Very enjoyable tournament Rich. Thanks for all your behind the scene work. Very much appreciated - these are great fun.

Ozgur Budak
19 Aug 08, 02:26
Thanks for the kind words guys. And to Rich for organizing such a fine event.

FastPhil
19 Aug 08, 11:52
Thanks Rich!

And yes, Oz does rule.

Ditto, Ditto !:cool:

TheBigRedOne
19 Aug 08, 12:26
Thanks Rich!

And yes, Oz does rule.

You had a nice tourney as well, Mike. Had you not run into Oz "the slayer" Budak in the first round, you'd have pushed him for the title. Nice work.