PDA

View Full Version : Editing 2d NATO Map Symbols

mb4329
06 Aug 07, 23:05
Just picked up PtF and I have enjoyed the fact that it allows me the ability to play "ASL" on a computer. I started poking around the games documentation and graphic files and I was able to figure out how to edit and add weapons, vehicles, and units. However I was trying to find a way to add more NATO symbols. I want to replace the generic weapons symbol with a more "descriptive" symbol (-||-> for a LMG etc.) What I cannot track down is where the 2d map symbol is assigned to the weapon/unit. Has any one come across that info? It looks like there is space to add more symbols, but until I can ID where/how they are referenced I am a bit hamstrung.

Thanks,
Merrick

rahamy
07 Aug 07, 12:45
Unless the code is changed this mapping isn't possible. So adding more 2D graphics wouldn't be possible. With stacking much of them wouldn't be visible anyway, hence the reliance on the information bar.

Welcome to the forums, BTW!

mb4329
07 Aug 07, 21:29
Thanks for the info and the welcome. To bad about the the coding limitation, but not a big deal at the end of day. I generally tend to make a couple of personal tweaks (highlighted units as bright yellow vs the red border) to help me with the Tiller games.

Regards

Ozgur Budak
08 Aug 07, 15:40
I generally tend to make a couple of personal tweaks (highlighted units as bright yellow vs the red border) to help me with the Tiller games.

There is an "alternative highlight" option in the game (under options menu). You can choose a different color.

sergeant610
08 Aug 07, 22:42
Hey Ozgur:

You look good in camouflage. Is that so you can hide from your wife? Hope the family is doing well

Jeff

Ozgur Budak
09 Aug 07, 04:05
Hey Jeff. He is a Turkish SAS officer ("Sualtı Savunma" which means "underwater defense"). Very similar to US Seals.

Family is fine. They are in in-laws right now. I needed a quiet house to work. :nuts: