PDA

View Full Version : About Squad Battles 3D graphics

Gudadantza
27 Jul 07, 14:30
Are any way to mod the series at the Campaign series standard?

I tried to use the 3d bases of the campaign series into the squad battles, the format seems to be the same, both bmp, both 5 icons. but the bases on campaign series better perspective and deep.

But that doesnt work, the modded bases do not appear.

Are any way to mod the terrain, and the bases to the campaign series standard? I think that is the only lack in the Squad Battles.

Thanks.

Joao Lima
27 Jul 07, 18:24
Your best shot is to do it starting with the bases and 3d stuff already supplied with the SB game. But I'm no expert on that.

Dr Zaius
27 Jul 07, 20:14
It's pretty bad that we're talking about modding the game to bring it up to the standards of an 2D wargame that is 10 years old!

Gudadantza
27 Jul 07, 21:45
Finally I have modified the bases. Starting with the bases from the vanilla Squad battles.

Campaign series is 10 years old. Squad battles is a more refined engine, more tested, modernized, (although based on that 10 years old engine, I suppose) but not an standard graphically.

I ve just modified the bases with the touch of perspective that the Campaign series bases have, 5 minutes of modification with photoshop, and the 3d view is much better. Making the unit basement on ground more solid.

I reply myself: Yes, It is possible. :)

Wodin
31 Jul 07, 14:20
I love the 2D look. With all the mods out there I think it looks great in 2D.

ernies
20 Sep 07, 10:51
It's pretty bad that we're talking about modding the game to bring it up to the standards of an 2D wargame that is 10 years old!

Nothing wrong with the game play. Graphics have nothing to do with HOW well the game plays.:OHNO:

FastPhil
20 Sep 07, 13:10
I guess that's why chess is no longer popular-it's engine is over ten years old and the graphics a lot older! :P

Ozgur Budak
20 Sep 07, 13:48
Although I never play the SB 3D it should be quite possible to have nice results with CS graphics. A similar graphical modding that used CS terrain achieved real success in HPS American Civil War series.

Credit should be given to the artists of the original CS series though. Their graphics still look great after 10 years.

Mike Cox
21 Sep 07, 15:21
And I think HPS's intent is to do 3D for the various titles, but glad to hear people modding.